European Super League horseshit now a possibility?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Clummo99

Re: European Super League announced

Post by Clummo99 »

Another point regarding Amazon is they only ever use the Sky feeds, they don't have their own cameras at the grounds.

So no Sky=no Amazon.

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:40 pm
yes and as I have already said then that's fine by me.
the stadiums and the fanbase will still be here and so new clubs can be formed to take their place.
More likely it will be sold to property developers. And I don’t think I would bother with a new team in the new stadium.

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:44 pm
I see the spuds are nearly £1bn in debt. No wonder Levy must have been as keen to join as Kroenke.
Probably keener. If that is possible.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Clummo99 wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:48 pm
Another point regarding Amazon is they only ever use the Sky feeds, they don't have their own cameras at the grounds.

So no Sky=no Amazon.
It's likely to be a US broadcaster who won't care about the ramifications in Europe. As others have said DAZN fits the biil.

Amazon wouldn't want reputational damage thinking about it, and they have their fingers in many pies. I want SKY blown out of the water, they started this gold rush and have totally taken the piss since the pandemic started.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

With all the enjoyment of teeth gnashing, crying and faux outrage we've witnessed have the actual full rules and regulations for this Super League been published?

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:44 pm
goonersid wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:36 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:17 pm
goonersid wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:16 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:45 pm

no it is not because it won't go ahead
Oh yes it will Rob, neither UEFA nor anyone else can stop it!
They can threaten, ban or whatever else, but any action they take against the top clubs, will merely weaken what they are trying to "protect" and I use the word "protect" reservedly, as they are merely trying to protect their own interests!
UEFA is no longer fit for purpose, Perez is right, football needs revamped and made more attractive!
Games against dross from the shittiest leagues in eastern Europe, are fucking pointless and a borefest!
UEFA has had it's way for too long!
Look at our elge final against the Chavs, where two English teams and their fans were made to travel to fucking Baku! Holy Jesus Christ!
Where was the common sense and respect for the fans, shown by UEFA?
Despite pleas to move the game to London, Baku could still have had their financial reward!
No UEFA basically told the two clubs and fans to fuck off!
I've been saying for years this would happen, long before talks were leaked a couple of years ago.
I personally back it 100%
I'm sure that after a settling in period, there will he plans for relegation and promotion introduced!
:lol: :lol:
if they did get to go ahead why on earth would they introduce that at some point ??
Because this is how they will ultimately sell it to the masses!
The league will have to have some kind of competitive edge, it cant just have Arsenal finishing bottom every season :lol:
are you not getting this ?
the owners want to run this like the sports are run in the US.
they dont have any promotion and relegation, and why couldnt Arsenal finish bottom every season ?
TBH Rob, I dont give one fuck! Football is dying!
VAR, shit teams from mickey mouse leagues in clge, I'll have a punt that in next 3-5 years, the game will be played at chest height, with heading the ball banned!

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

goonersid wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:11 pm

TBH Rob, I dont give one fuck! Football is dying!
VAR, shit teams from mickey mouse leagues in clge, I'll have a punt that in next 3-5 years, the game will be played at chest height, with heading the ball banned!
Football will not die. People will still kick balls round parks. As for professional football, it has lost a lot of appeal in the 21st century. But then maybe because I am older and remember the old days more fondly. Cancelled my silver membership a few weeks ago. Will just watch on TV, not going to pay £70 plus for a seat again.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Chelsea fans had a sit down protest in the middle of the road blocking the team bus from getting into the ground :shock:

Helmet head had to come out and plead with them to let it through.

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:03 pm
Clummo99 wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:48 pm

So no Sky=no Amazon.
It's likely to be a US broadcaster who won't care about the ramifications in Europe. As others have said DAZN fits the biil.

Amazon wouldn't want reputational damage thinking about it, and they have their fingers in many pies. I want SKY blown out of the water, they started this gold rush and have totally taken the piss since the pandemic started.
DAZN is Eddie Hearn so therefore British but he's another prick who only cares about the cash.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Chelsea preparing documentation to leave the Super League :shock:

It’s over already

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

rodders999 wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:46 pm
Chelsea fans had a sit down protest in the middle of the road blocking the team bus from getting into the ground :shock:

Helmet head had to come out and plead with them to let it through.
Not the first thing he's managed to let through! :lol:

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

Sure I read/heard that Chelsea were very reticent and were the last of the 12 to actually commit. Maybe their heart isn't really in it and they just don't want to be left behind?

It's the three clubs with American owners that will be the pig headed ones imo. They'll take some shifting.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2gxApv6iJ8

live stream at Chelsea :shock:

thousands there now

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Chelsea the first of the 12 to pull out. It’s gonna fucking collapse now.

FUCK OFF AND DIE KROENKE :barscarf:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:21 am
A bit left field but like most football fans I ignored why Balogun signed/is about to sign a new contract with the club.

Clearly part of the sales pitch from Arsenal must have revolved around the ESL. Both Balogun and his agents would have been kicking themselves if he had gone to another club possibly in Germany that were not involved,

I can only conclude that both he and his agent had an inkling about what was going on. This didn't just appear overnight.
I had thoughts along the same lines...but not regarding Balogun but our swamp dwelling buddies next door - they built their stadium not caring if it nearly crippled them with debt, knowing full well that this outcome was likely in a couple of seasons (and potentially the only way they would be invited to the table-,as after all Ipswich in the third tier have won the league more recently than them and Wigan and Portsmouth, also third tier clubs have lifted the FA cup in the 2000’s ! )