European Super League horseshit now a possibility?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
nut flush gooner

European Super League horseshit now a possibility?

Post by nut flush gooner »

And Arsenal are in. Quite hard to believe after the Fulham game.

https://news.sky.com/story/european-sup ... s-12279432

Arsenal Till I Die

Re: European Super League announced

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

That would be me done.

Football is all but dead anyway, but the Super League would be the last nail in the coffin.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

I'm not at all surprised we're involved - what's this league got to do with performances on the field? This is a 'who you know' and 'who owns you' league and I've no doubt the only investment Kroenke would ever make in the club would be to buy us a ticket to this shite, with riches beyond our wildest dreams.

As for the fans? We'll know what it feels like to be Sheffield United because we'll be getting our arses handed to us every week.......but as long as the balance sheet looks good, who cares eh?

Football continues to eat itself....

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

So does that spell the end of the champions league or will that still be there too?

Fuck me I’ve loved this sport since the day I was born but of this comes in and makes the domestic league a Mickey Mouse affair then I’m fucking done with it once and for all. :banghead:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Official statement from UEFA about Super League: “The clubs concerned will be banned from playing in any other domestic competition, European or International level, and the players could be denied the opportunity to represent their national teams”. 🔴🇪🇺 #SuperLeague #Uefa

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Great! Another league we can linger in 10th position and claim we're making progress.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

This thing probably doesn’t get off the ground in truth, too many big guns to oppose it not to mention a massive fan backlash.

It’s all just a bit of posturing before UEFA announce some sort of enhanced champions league format later on this week that will keep the cash rolling in and appease the greedy fucking C.UNTS :twisted:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Also trying to bring this in when fans aren’t around to shit all over the idea of it is absolutely shameful.

6 English clubs leading that way, I suppose that’s what happens when you sell your soul to owners who don’t give a flying fuck about anything other that dollar bills :banghead:

augie

Post by augie »

Fair play to the german and french clubs for not joining it

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

augie wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:23 pm
Amazed that PSG didn’t, already sold their soul to Qatar and have shit all over the rest of the French league in the process.

Arsenal Till I Die

rodders999 wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:26 pm
augie wrote:
Amazed that PSG didn’t, already sold their soul to Qatar and have shit all over the rest of the French league in the process.
Probably why didn't want to rock the boat. Qatar having bought a World Cup from FIFA will look to toe the line until, at least, 2023.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:11 pm
This thing probably doesn’t get off the ground in truth, too many big guns to oppose it not to mention a massive fan backlash.

It’s all just a bit of posturing before UEFA announce some sort of enhanced champions league format later on this week that will keep the cash rolling in and appease the greedy fucking C.UNTS :twisted:
Not really.
The big guns are the ones wanting it.

Yes it’s a bad idea but in a way I’m also pleased that someone is standing up to UEFA and their crackpot idea too.
FIFA can fuck off too - threatening to not let any SL players play in a World Cup. Good - the World Cup has become a bloated irrelevance anyway, not to mention corrupt.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

You got to feel sorry for Leicester City up there in 3rd place.

9th is where you want to be :lol: 8)

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:32 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:26 pm
augie wrote:
Probably why didn't want to rock the boat. Qatar having bought a World Cup from FIFA will look to toe the line until, at least, 2023.
Thought the exact same thing just as I posted that. Qatar have enough shit PR to deal with with the World Cup on the horizon, they don’t need any more shit coming their way on this. You can bet they’ll be straight in once it’s out of the way though the greedy c.unts.

Arsenal Till I Die

The European Super League will be announced at 9:30PM tonight. Florentino Perez will hold the chairman's role with Liverpool's John W. Henry, Joel Glazer of Manchester United and Arsenal owner Stan Kroenke as vice-chairmen. 
@MailSport

Stan Kroenke of Arsenal was eager for the Super League to go through. He was Perez's best 'mate' in this. Kroenke sees Super League as the way to make Arsenal "the biggest team in the world". @BBCSport #rmalive

Kroenke, who also owns Denver Nuggets, thought that if NBA model is used in football, the sport would change for the better. #rmalive

If it goes through, the Super League will use the NBA model.

The play-offs will have teams play 3 matches against each other (instead of 7 in NBA), the first team to win 2 goes through. The aggregate score will NOT matter. @TuttoMercatoWeb #rmalive

- Twitter via @theMadridZone