Potential Takeover

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
GoonerMuzz

Re: Potential Takeover

Post by GoonerMuzz »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 10:12 am
A11M11 wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 10:10 am
Can anyone help me? I can't recall if it was by the end of last week or by the end of this week that Ek was going to propose his offer for the club?

Patience my boy ,
Golden geese don't come around too often and it won't be a decision taken in 5 minutes.

Question , did he buy in for a football club or a bit of prime real estate in London.? or Was it as originally pitched to get the T.V rights ?. Was it bought with the long term goal of the presently defunked Super League or as a travelling circus league playing in various countries throughout the far east ?
Once his motives have been established, you can start to frame your pitch to try and unsettle him , until then it's softly , softly catchee monkey.
What has Gareth Bale got to do with this? :D
Speciest :wink:

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
A11M11 wrote:
Can anyone help me? I can't recall if it was by the end of last week or by the end of this week that Ek was going to propose his offer for the club?

Patience my boy ,
Golden geese don't come around too often and it won't be a decision taken in 5 minutes.

Question , did he buy in for a football club or a bit of prime real estate in London.? or Was it as originally pitched to get the T.V rights ?. Was it bought with the long term goal of the presently defunked Super League or as a travelling circus league playing in various countries throughout the far east ?
Once his motives have been established, you can start to frame your pitch to try and unsettle him , until then it's softly , softly catchee monkey.
Racist!

:shock: :lol: :wink:

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

A11M11 wrote:

Patience my boy ,

That wasn't me being impatient, it was meant tongue in cheek regarding all the recent soundbites and speculation. :lol:

I'm not getting worked up about it tbh. I'll wait for definitive news and action.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 10:15 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
A11M11 wrote:

Patience my boy ,

Speciest :wink:
:barscarf: :lol:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Daniel Ek did not make his bid before yesterday because he did not want to distract Mikel Arteta and the team. [@SkySportsNews]

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 11:26 am
Daniel Ek did not make his bid before yesterday because he did not want to distract Mikel Arteta and the team. [@SkySportsNews]
Perhaps he should have distracted him because it obviously didn’t make a jot of difference to the shit show he served up.

Herd

Post by Herd »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 11:26 am
:lol: :lol: my ribs have cracked

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

If part of Ek's plans involve keeping Arteta as manager and backing him with transfer funds then I actually hope Kroenke tells him to fuck off, because I couldn't bear a change of ownership that still involves giving this prick any more time or money. Would actually rather that he blows whatever money Kroenke gives him to spend and takes the value of the club down further

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Something tells me the takeover isnt happening......... cant say why :-P

Seriously it's been 3 weeks now since this was first mentioned and not a word of it leaking into the financials as yet, speculation online and in the tabloids only. Just feels like a PR stunt and even if there was something going on in the background the loss of European football just substantially reduced any bid for the club, Wiggy wont take a penny less than his valuation and investors wont pay a penny more than it's current worth unless they are out of their heads.

Even if it were agreed there is the tricky 'right and proper' ownership tests to pass and with the ESL debacle fresh in the minds of the FA and UEFA I'm sure they will be wary of Billionaire owners upsetting the applecart in the future. The associations will feel they have certain owners balls over the fire and wont want those owners to change yet, at least until they have had their pound of flesh out of the clubs. You can bet your arse that new rules are frantically being written to ensure owners toe the line from now on and no new ownership will be allowed until the rules are set in stone.

Wiggy, Edu and Arteta are going to lead us into a glorious 2021/2022 season of rebirth and growth like we've never seen :ewwwww:

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

If Uefa really see Kroenke as one of the driving forces behind the ESL I am sure that they would be glad to see the back of him.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

I disagree A11, they are a bunch of vindictive bastards with massive egos at both the FA and UEFA and they will want their pound of flesh from Wiggy. The whole ESL thing has not gone away like people think it has, the remaining 3 are holding their ground on a legal standing and have already had any legal action by UEFA held at bay by a tribunal until a full legal investigation has been carried out by independent arbitrators.

Although fines have been levied against the teams who have backed out with the current legal actions being carried out the whole ESL thing will rumble on and those fines may not need to be paid until legal matters are settled, if Wiggy leaves then any fine against Arsenals new owners could be challenged immediately and in all honesty would be viewed as vindictive if the instigator was no longer in charge :rubchin:

augie

Post by augie »

A11M11 wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 11:14 am
If Uefa really see Kroenke as one of the driving forces behind the ESL I am sure that they would be glad to see the back of him.

Absolutely right - all the talk of punishments is against owners and not clubs - the premier league clubs are calling for high ranking club officials to be thrown off league committee's, which again suggests that uefa and the premier league know that this issue was created by owners and ceo's and not the clubs themselves.
Anyway I have zero doubt that Ek would get the green light in record time if the funds are in place - uefa and the poremier league know that it was only down to mass protests of fans that stopped this project going ahead, and they will be aware that they will fast lose our clubs supporters if they keep kroenke in situ

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 10:17 am
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... crity.html

Absolutely bang on.
"Villarreal, who had the great Juan Roman Riquelme"

I mean, come on!! A decent player but hardly in the top 20 of Argentine footballers.

Fùck off Oliver Holt you obnoxious prig. Stick to watching reruns of your Mum Emily Bishop in Coronation Street. :lol:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

augie wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 8:32 pm
A11M11 wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 11:14 am

Absolutely right - all the talk of punishments is against owners and not clubs - the premier league clubs are calling for high ranking club officials to be thrown off league committee's, which again suggests that uefa and the premier league know that this issue was created by owners and ceo's and not the clubs themselves.
Anyway I have zero doubt that Ek would get the green light in record time if the funds are in place - uefa and the poremier league know that it was only down to mass protests of fans that stopped this project going ahead, and they will be aware that they will fast lose our clubs supporters if they keep kroenke in situ
I was hoping that the FA would dock all of the clubs involved 10 points a piece so that we could prepare ourselves for the relegation battles we'll undoubtedly face with this prick at the helm