Potential Takeover

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
nut flush gooner

Re: Potential Takeover

Post by nut flush gooner »

augie wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 9:38 am
Gunner Rob wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 9:02 am
Kroenke (and the other US owners) won't sell. There is still a growing market for the Premier League and they haven't maximised broadcasting revenue yet.
All this issue has done is highlighted the fact that we are all stuck with these owners.
And if I was a billionaire owner I wouldn't budge either!

I suspect that you are over-estimating there - football, and in particular the premier league, has gone way beyond saturation point - yes if a club is enjoying success the crowds will be back on board, but by and large grounds are not selling out like before. I hear the same old arguments about the foreign markets being huge, but are they still on the up ? I suspect that at best they have stagnated. Dont under-estimate the effect that the recent supporters civil unrest protests have caused to the image of the premier league and it's big clubs - supporters around the world will be aware that the hopes of any games involving these teams being played in their countries will have greatly reduced by the collapse of the esl. Broadcasters too would have seen their potential financial esl windfall hopes not just dashed for now, but they will also be doubting if there is any prospect of it happening again anytime soon.
Pretty much agree with this. On the subject of TV rights, BT has pretty much thrown the towel in selling BT sport. Sky are totally taking the piss hiking the subs on their sports offering. The ESL was supposed to take football clubs up to the next level financially and deal with debts.

Herd

Post by Herd »

The point is that whilst football has been done to death here ,its still expanding in the east and in particular China .
Football already makes bars in thailand ,vietnam,singapore indonesia,honng kong viable as it drags in the ever increasing ex pat mob .
The fact that a streaming service was prepared to pay the clubs 110's of millions of euros is testament to that !

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Herd wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 11:29 am
The point is that whilst football has been done to death here ,its still expanding in the east and in particular China .
Football already makes bars in thailand ,vietnam,singapore indonesia,honng kong viable as it drags in the ever increasing ex pat mob .
The fact that a streaming service was prepared to pay the clubs 110's of millions of euros is testament to that !
Pretty much on the button there herdster me old flanger!

The next big step for football will be online streaming in markets like China/Asia, and Africa. In general TV stations like SlySports, BBC, ITV etc will be gone within a decade replaced by online streaming versions of themselves.

There WILL be a huge push from the PL and/or UEFA within 5 years to have every big team play at least one competitive game every season live out in China - or Asia in general - to help push their "product" to the billions of "consumers" :roll: out there.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

The more I think about the less I care about an ESL being setup, it is only taking to extreme what is already happening. The only reason the EPL, FA UEFA and FIFA have kicked off about it is because there was a chance they wouldn't get their cut of the money they think they are entitled too. If I'm honest I'd rather pay Arsenal, even under the Kroenkes, £20 quid a month or whatever to watch any Arsenal match I want rather than having to pay each to Sky, BT, Amazon etc their prices each to be able to watch the matches I want to see.

Football as we knew it is dead, Sky are the biggest hypocrites out there, how many changes have been made to start times or match days to suit the TV audiences without a thought to the travelling fans, you know the people they keep insisting are heart of football but actually they dont care if for example Southampton are up at the barcodes on a Wednesday night, getting out the match somewhere around 10pm and not getting home until 3am in the morning.

The same thing with the midweek 'European' fixtures in bloody Belarus, Moldova or Azerbaijan...... UEFA couldn't give a shit about how difficult and in some cases dangerous it is travelling to these countries as long as the TV revenue keeps rolling in, the clubs get accused of greed but all the pundits seem to have forgotten who changed these competitions to the formats they have now and why, it's not just the clubs who are greedy and that includes the highly paid pundits telling us how we should think and act...... :cussing:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

🚨🚨🚨L'équipe : Arsene Wenger could also join Daniel Ek in his bid to buy Arsenal FC with Thierry Henry, Patrick Vieira & Dennis Bergkamp

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 7:51 pm
🚨🚨🚨L'équipe : Arsene Wenger could also join Daniel Ek in his bid to buy Arsenal FC with Thierry Henry, Patrick Vieira & Dennis Bergkamp
They also want David Dein involved.

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 8:31 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Also Pat Rice, Liam Brady, all our sacked scouts AND Gunnersaurus!

There's also talk of the great Jack Kelsey coming back to run the club shop again. The fact that he died in 1998 is not going to put them off. :barscarf:

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Clummo99 wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 8:37 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:

There's also talk of the great Jack Kelsey coming back to run the club shop again. The fact that he died in 1998 is not going to put them off. :barscarf:
Herbert Chapman and his W formation are rumoured to be on the shortlist to replace Arteta. :barscarf:

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 9:22 pm
Clummo99 wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 8:37 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:

Herbert Chapman and his W formation are rumoured to be on the shortlist to replace Arteta. :barscarf:
:lol: :lol:

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

Can anyone help me? I can't recall if it was by the end of last week or by the end of this week that Ek was going to propose his offer for the club?

:lol:

Natural Born Gooner

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

Is Usmanov still about?

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Clummo99 wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 8:27 am
Can anyone help me? I can't recall if it was by the end of last week or by the end of this week that Ek was going to propose his offer for the club?

:lol:
I've got a feeling the only Ek we'll be talking about either this week or next, is Fucking Ek.....when it all goes tits up and we're stuck with Wiggy!

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

Natural Born Gooner wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 9:12 am
Is Usmanov still about?
He's all in at Everton. We missed that boat as "we don't want his sort" :roll:

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Patience my boy ,
Golden geese don't come around too often and it won't be a decision taken in 5 minutes.

Question , did he buy in for a football club or a bit of prime real estate in London.? or Was it as originally pitched to get the T.V rights ?. Was it bought with the long term goal of the presently defunked Super League or as a travelling circus league playing in various countries throughout the far east ?
Once his motives have been established, you can start to frame your pitch to try and unsettle him , until then it's softly , softly catchee monkey.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

A11M11 wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 10:10 am

Patience my boy ,
Golden geese don't come around too often and it won't be a decision taken in 5 minutes.

Question , did he buy in for a football club or a bit of prime real estate in London.? or Was it as originally pitched to get the T.V rights ?. Was it bought with the long term goal of the presently defunked Super League or as a travelling circus league playing in various countries throughout the far east ?
Once his motives have been established, you can start to frame your pitch to try and unsettle him , until then it's softly , softly catchee monkey.
What has Gareth Bale got to do with this? :D