Potential Takeover

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
BobbyPires7

Re: Potential Takeover

Post by BobbyPires7 »

If this was a leveraged deal how does he pay the money back? We are loss-making. Heavily loss-making. No financial institution with an ounce of sense would lend any money to buy the Club. It’s fucked.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Sadly the Kroenkes will not sell, but at least the reality will dawn on the wider fan base what has been known by some of us for many years now.

There is no longer any ambition, no hope at the club.
It is a business, Kroenke has even clearly stated that he is not at Arsenal to win trophies.
That is our future.

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:23 am
Clummo99 wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:59 am
nut flush gooner wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:32 am
Clummo99 wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:37 am
I'll hold my celebrations for a while yet.

Spotify is a loss making business. In the 10 years it's been operating it has only reported a profit once, in 2019.

I can't see anything other than tears for this deal and I'm always sceptical about the fanfare behind legends returning to a club.

Saying all that could it be any worse?
Spotify is worth $50 bn and its share price has been on a tear the last few years, so arguably it might be overvalued.

But more importantly Elk is worth under £5bn personally, and the clubs current market cap is around £2bn. So that suggests a leveraged deal though I hear the likes of Henry, Vieira and DB10 are getting involved not as investors but advisors.
It has to be over valued doesn't it? How can a business that continually runs at a loss have that kind of value?
They've made profits over the last few years Clummo. It's commonly referred to as a stay-at-home trade for its shares, a company that has done well during the pandemic.

The market cap of Spotify gives Ek options for borrowing money to buy Arsenal, which personally I don't like. I would much rather he clubbed together with a few other billionaires and bought us with cash.
I suppose it depends on which online report you read. :lol:

The one I read said no profits except in early 2019, but actually losses by that year end and that this last year has seen a big tumble in the number of users probably due to covid.

I'm no financial expert so I'll slip into the background and make no further comments. :lol:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.lovemo ... -streaming
Last edited by Clummo99 on Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:13 pm
If this was a leveraged deal how does he pay the money back? We are loss-making. Heavily loss-making. No financial institution with an ounce of sense would lend any money to buy the Club. It’s fucked.
It's how the Glazers bought Man Utd. As you say, we're not a very successful club atm so it could end up a right mess.

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

Hmm I have just received an email starting my Spotify family premium is going up £2 a month , probably a coincidence but who knows.
Rumours he has approached Flamini as well who is very wealthy with his company involvement.

augie

Post by augie »

gooner265 wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:35 pm
Hmm I have just received an email starting my Spotify family premium is going up £2 a month , probably a coincidence but who knows.
Rumours he has approached Flamini as well who is very wealthy with his company involvement.

As long as he doesnt want him back as a player :lol: :lol:

Be hard to prise money out of flamini - wasnt known as flamoney for nothing, cos the c.unt walked away from every club on a bosman and made fortunes each time :roll:

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Clummo99 wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:29 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:13 pm
It's how the Glazers bought Man Utd. As you say, we're not a very successful club atm so it could end up a right mess.
United are profitable. We are a car crash.

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

augie wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:46 pm
gooner265 wrote:

Be hard to prise money out of flamini - wasnt known as flamoney for nothing, cos the c.unt walked away from every club on a bosman and made fortunes each time :roll:
:lol: indeed , his only decent contribution was the champions league run at left back.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

gooner265 wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:56 pm
augie wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:46 pm
gooner265 wrote:

:lol: indeed , his only decent contribution was the champions league run at left back.
considering Xhaka is playing left back on Thursday night I wouldn't be totally against him coming back as a player :lol: :lol:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Stan Kroenke is thought to want at least £2bn if he is to consider selling the club he has run since April 2011 and some sources place that figure considerably higher. [@guardian_sport]

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

The Guardian understands Daniel Ek began making inquiries about a potential purchase over the weekend & that an announcement about an official approach could be made as soon as next week. #Arsenal https://t.co/9ABHTOC8Hv

Ek has asked the club legends Henry, Bergkamp & Vieira for help in assembling a package that could persuade the Kroenke family, who are under mounting pressure after #Arsenal’s attempt to join the doomed Super League last week, to sell up. https://t.co/YQXSlSyAIR

Who needs a transfer thread :lol: :barscarf:

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

I think we can all confidently say that any figure offered will have to be a lot more than the club is actually worth due to the wig wearing parasite only being interested in dollar bills.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Wouldn't it be cheaper and possibly quicker to hire a hit man (sorry person) to whack Kroenke & his Brat and then walk in and make the inheritor an Offer they couldn't refuse. 8)

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:17 pm
Wouldn't it be cheaper and possibly quicker to hire a hit man (sorry person) to whack Kroenke & his Brat and then walk in and make the inheritor an Offer they couldn't refuse. 8)
Does anyone know if Kroenke owns a horse? 🐴

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

BTW This is all pie in the sky,I've a better chance of winning the Euromillions than this buyout ever happening.