Potential Takeover

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Post Reply
User avatar
OneBardGooner
Posts: 30922
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:41 am
Location: Dark Side Of The Mood

Re: Potential Takeover

Post by OneBardGooner »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 10:35 am
I had a dream that KSE wanted £6billion for the club and that EK paid it. :shock:

Thank the feck it was only a dream! :D


User avatar
GoonerMuzz
Posts: 5044
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:53 pm
Location: Defending is optional

Re: Potential Takeover

Post by GoonerMuzz »

I suppose Ek may be, probably will be, better than the Kroenkes but nothing i've seen or heard him say says he knows how to run a football club, being a fan is not enough. There are deep deep issues with the whole structure of Arsenal right now and it seems those 3 backing him aren't necessarily going to be involved as anything more than ideas men. That worries me, there have been plenty of bad owners out there who were fans but still royally screwed things up.They need a highly competent footballing business man as part of this.... :rubchin:

gooner265
Posts: 388
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:15 pm

Re: Potential Takeover

Post by gooner265 »

Paddy had spoken now 👏

Patrick Vieira on Ek takeover: “He’s definitely going to try again. He is going to be there for quite a long time. He’s a massive Arsenal fan & talking to him a couple of times, his desire & his commitment to Arsenal football club will be fantastic.” [ITV Football Podcast] #afc

Vieira: “Obviously if the club is not for sale, there is nothing that he can do but he’s going to be there, he’s going to wait & he wants to buy the club. I think it will be really important because Arsenal is in a critical moment. It is the right time for him to do his maximum.”

Vieira on Arsenal: “In the last couple of years, I believe that the club didn’t take the right direction & I think it is time for change. If change doesn’t happen, I believe that Arsenal will be in a difficult position.” #afc
Patrick Vieira: “We can only make a judgement from outside. We watch every single Arsenal game & it is difficult to recognise the club that we used to play for & it’s difficult to understand the reasons why Arsenal went down the last couple of years.” [ITV] #afc

Vieira: “Losing Arsène [Wenger] & not finding the right crew to handle that wasn’t in place. I think every single year Arsenal didn’t get through to the Champions League or even this year to the Europa League, so this is a big disappointment for all of us as Arsenal fans.” #afc

Patrick Vieira: “We can only make a judgement from outside. We watch every single Arsenal game & it is difficult to recognise the club that we used to play for & it’s difficult to understand the reasons why Arsenal went down the last couple of years.” [ITV] #afc

User avatar
DB10GOONER
Posts: 51362
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:06 pm
Location: Dublin, Ireland.
Contact:

Re: Potential Takeover

Post by DB10GOONER »

Nice to see Vieira is still in denial about the role Arsene played in all this.... :roll:

wilson2.0
Posts: 87
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:36 am

Re: Potential Takeover

Post by wilson2.0 »

Wasn't long ago football was patting itself on the back for beating the super league. But now back to reality of a distorted competition due to some clubs having a big financial sponsor. The fact the only way forward is wishing for a new owner is a sad sign of the times. Basically every football club in England is willing to sell itself for money. Man City are owned by a nation state with questionable views on human rights, while Chelsea are owned by a Russian gangster. We are owned by a privileged American capitalist and now wish to be owned by a big tech CEO.

English top flight football has whored itself like no other major domestic competition. The super league will go ahead eventually. The money to be unlocked will not, not be tapped into by the financial guardians of the game.

I even think there is a possibility of a breakaway league. An international competition backed with billions who tempt players away from Real Madrid and Juventus to play for The New York Power or Beijing Lighting. If a club like Manchester City could become a desired club, then anyone with money can.

User avatar
sk-gtfo
Posts: 1753
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:59 pm
Location: Staying away

Re: Potential Takeover

Post by sk-gtfo »

wilson2.0 wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 11:08 am
Wasn't long ago football was patting itself on the back for beating the super league. But now back to reality of a distorted competition due to some clubs having a big financial sponsor. The fact the only way forward is wishing for a new owner is a sad sign of the times. Basically every football club in England is willing to sell itself for money. Man City are owned by a nation state with questionable views on human rights, while Chelsea are owned by a Russian gangster. We are owned by a privileged American capitalist and now wish to be owned by a big tech CEO.

English top flight football has whored itself like no other major domestic competition. The super league will go ahead eventually. The money to be unlocked will not, not be tapped into by the financial guardians of the game.

I even think there is a possibility of a breakaway league. An international competition backed with billions who tempt players away from Real Madrid and Juventus to play for The New York Power or Beijing Lighting. If a club like Manchester City could become a desired club, then anyone with money can.
100% - in fact you could say the whole of the UK (not just in football) has whored itself out to the highest bidder, what exactly is British anymore?, we've sold out pretty much everything.

Time to take it back, by force if necessary, globalization can go f*ck itself.

Sorry for that radical leftist mumbo jumbo.. crazy talk.. :roll:

gooner265
Posts: 388
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:15 pm

Re: Potential Takeover

Post by gooner265 »

Sources close to the Daniel Ek camp have disclosed that a second bid ‘north of £2bn’ is being readied & that they ‘are not going anywhere & want to get a deal done’. Club insiders have admitted they are waiting for a second offer. [Mail] #afc

User avatar
GoonerMuzz
Posts: 5044
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:53 pm
Location: Defending is optional

Re: Potential Takeover

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Timing is everything, if I were looking to invest I'd want to do it in time to get things organised before the start of the new season. Even if they manage to put together a bid that Wiggy accepted they will struggle to make significant changes as required before the start of next season.

I would guess it will be a minimal intervention scenario for next season if the bid gets eventually açcepted with a view to significant change at the end next season,

User avatar
SteveO 35
Posts: 19014
Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 7:01 pm
Location: Abou's fan club

Re: Potential Takeover

Post by SteveO 35 »

wilson2.0 wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 11:08 am
Wasn't long ago football was patting itself on the back for beating the super league. But now back to reality of a distorted competition due to some clubs having a big financial sponsor. The fact the only way forward is wishing for a new owner is a sad sign of the times. Basically every football club in England is willing to sell itself for money. Man City are owned by a nation state with questionable views on human rights, while Chelsea are owned by a Russian gangster. We are owned by a privileged American capitalist and now wish to be owned by a big tech CEO.

English top flight football has whored itself like no other major domestic competition. The super league will go ahead eventually. The money to be unlocked will not, not be tapped into by the financial guardians of the game.

I even think there is a possibility of a breakaway league. An international competition backed with billions who tempt players away from Real Madrid and Juventus to play for The New York Power or Beijing Lighting. If a club like Manchester City could become a desired club, then anyone with money can.
Whether we like it or not, the new reality is that if you want to be successful in English football you need to have whored yourself out to a billionaire. According to Forbes a couple of years ago there were only 33 of them resident in the UK, and if you consider that a narrow pool already.......how narrow will it be when you say we actually need to pay £2bn just to acquire the club, let alone the future £m's you need to inject to make it a champions league/EPL contender. It almost certainly means that it will be a tecchie or an oil/gas baron of dubious background that is needed to compete. Remember Kroenke is worth something like $9bn but if you don't actually invest any of it, you end up finishing 8th - not even good enough to qualify for the second or third tier of European competition. There'll always be one club that has a decent off season and threatens the CL placings, but more often than not you either need to join the rich kid league or be left behind

As fans we need to decide how we feel about that i.e. either put up with our lot, get behind the new billionaire or bugger off and support a 'purist' grass roots level team

User avatar
Midz
Posts: 3087
Joined: Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:36 pm
Location: Gabba Gabba Hey!!

Re: Potential Takeover

Post by Midz »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:39 pm
Timing is everything, if I were looking to invest I'd want to do it in time to get things organised before the start of the new season. Even if they manage to put together a bid that Wiggy accepted they will struggle to make significant changes as required before the start of next season.

I would guess it will be a minimal intervention scenario for next season if the bid gets eventually açcepted with a view to significant change at the end next season,
If it gets rid of the Kroencunts I'll take it at anytime.

User avatar
mcdowell42
Posts: 14094
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:19 pm
Location: ireland

Re: Potential Takeover

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arsenal owner Stan Kroenke will reject any new offer from Spotify tycoon Daniel Ek. Billionaire Ek is ready to come back with a second bid of over £2bn having had £1.8bn offer rejected, but Kroenke’s stance will not change. [@johncrossmirror] #afc https://t.co/XeJ2Y6Hlqe

User avatar
Perryashburtongroves
Posts: 8806
Joined: Thu May 03, 2007 6:18 pm
Location: At the start of a glorious era.

Re: Potential Takeover

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:43 pm
Arsenal owner Stan Kroenke will reject any new offer from Spotify tycoon Daniel Ek. Billionaire Ek is ready to come back with a second bid of over £2bn having had £1.8bn offer rejected, but Kroenke’s stance will not change. [@johncrossmirror] #afc https://t.co/XeJ2Y6Hlqe
John Cross. I'd forgotten all about that fucking prick. Sucking off Kroenke in order to maintain access to the club seems the logical extension from his years of sucking off Wanker.

BobbyPires7
Posts: 304
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:06 pm

Re: Potential Takeover

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:21 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:43 pm
Arsenal owner Stan Kroenke will reject any new offer from Spotify tycoon Daniel Ek. Billionaire Ek is ready to come back with a second bid of over £2bn having had £1.8bn offer rejected, but Kroenke’s stance will not change. [@johncrossmirror] #afc https://t.co/XeJ2Y6Hlqe
John Cross. I'd forgotten all about that fucking prick. Sucking off Kroenke in order to maintain access to the club seems the logical extension from his years of sucking off Wanker.
John Cross. The greyest bloke you could ever think of. Head so far up Wenger’s arse and now up Kroenke’s. Talentless cretin.

User avatar
DB10GOONER
Posts: 51362
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:06 pm
Location: Dublin, Ireland.
Contact:

Re: Potential Takeover

Post by DB10GOONER »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:21 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:43 pm
Arsenal owner Stan Kroenke will reject any new offer from Spotify tycoon Daniel Ek. Billionaire Ek is ready to come back with a second bid of over £2bn having had £1.8bn offer rejected, but Kroenke’s stance will not change. [@johncrossmirror] #afc https://t.co/XeJ2Y6Hlqe
John Cross. I'd forgotten all about that fucking prick. Sucking off Kroenke in order to maintain access to the club seems the logical extension from his years of sucking off Wanker.
Fuuuck yeah. I honestly thought when Wenger left he forgot Cross was up his arse and just took the fucktard with him. :censored:

Post Reply