Potential Takeover

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
BobbyPires7

Re: Potential Takeover

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Bull crap. Arsenal is worth less than it was two years ago. Huge losses show that the Club is run poorly. Just watch it get worse over the next few years unless KSE arrest the decline with a big warchest.

augie

Post by augie »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 6:33 am
Redarmy wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 6:20 am
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 6:57 pm
Why does he want to keep a loss-making asset which by default is therefore depreciating in value?

To those who feel that Arsenal is worth keeping I think you need to understand how a company is valued. With all the tv money, sponsorship etc we are making huge losses. That depresses the value. You can only sustain huge losses for so long without the value declining.
Because he is Stan Kronke...he has stated previously hes building a sporting portfolio for his family and dont need the money

No reason to doubt he is telling the truth

Big mistake was letting him in the club in the first place...
Arsenal isn't depreciating in value, in fact since Kroenke bought Usmanov out a few years back the value of the club has increased from £1.8 to £2 bn (the value of Eks bid). And that's with us no longer being in the CL/finishing in the top 4.

The club with the exception of the COVID pandemic has never made a huge loss. Kroenke injected money into the club last summer, but none of this has been used on the playing side.

I would say the value of the club is depressed because of Kroenke's strategy, but don't think under normal circumstances we are hemorrhaging money because we aren't.

My understanding is Kroenke has doubled his money in paper terms. That's the original purchase price of his shares versus the market cap. Nice work if you don't invest a penny of your own money into player recruitment.

I think we all accept that the value of the club has gone up significantly since kroenke purchased it, but it is beginning to decline now based on where it has been in the last few years, and this decline is likely to speed up not slow down - declining match attendances and results were in evidence long before covid struck, and the rep and value of the club will have suffered as a result. Providing a huge warchest will make minimal difference to the club cos it has been shown that the people in charge of spending it are incompetent for starters, and then we have a manager in charge that will be expected to utilise the talents of these players, and he has shown an inability to do that.

A recovery of reputation STARTS with the recruitment of a top manager and top players in a show of intent, but it also requires results and packed grounds to show the outside world that the club is also performing well - poor results on the pitch with a talented squad will reflect very badly on those running the club, and this will also have an adverse effect of value of the club

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Gents, it's not just about the value of Arsenal Football Club but his entire UK portfolio, as long as the entire investment continues to rise, which it does, the fluctuations in AFC matter less to him.

The value of the Emirates is considerably higher than it was and in all probability has outstripped the debt and all the interest that accrued on it by now, add in Colney etc etc and immaterial of the instrinsic value of AFC in isolation he has made a considerable profit :rubchin:

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

The analogy I would use is like buying a house. He bought Arsenal for top dollar but the market has continued to rise and so the house has gone up in value with the market.

The problem is that he hasn’t invested in the decor. It looks dated. The roof is starting to leak and the garden is overgrown. Other houses in the street look more attractive and are going for more money as the owners have done them up. Unless KSE start maintaining the property we will have the local tramp move in to this derelict house. We also have rats and a pigeon infestation. Oh. And the house is starting to subside having stood proudly on the same plot since the early 1900s.

augie

Post by augie »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 11:33 am
The analogy I would use is like buying a house. He bought Arsenal for top dollar but the market has continued to rise and so the house has gone up in value with the market.

The problem is that he hasn’t invested in the decor. It looks dated. The roof is starting to leak and the garden is overgrown. Other houses in the street look more attractive and are going for more money as the owners have done them up. Unless KSE start maintaining the property we will have the local tramp move in to this derelict house. We also have rats and a pigeon infestation. Oh. And the house is starting to subside having stood proudly on the same plot since the early 1900s.

Excellent analogy

Since he bought into the club citeeh found their sugar daddy, everton are in the infancy of their new mega wealthy ownership, and if the geordies takeover eventually goes through we will fall further behind cos those clubs will splash the cash.
I keep coming back to the management side of our club though - we can buy all the top level players we want, but this fool is not a good manager and will continue to hold us back. We all know that we havent currently got a squad overflowing with top class players, but this mong has players capable of finishing far higher than we are going to, and that then comes back on the manager. Appointing a top manager is also a sign of intent.
It isnt only squad management that needs replacing - those above pep's cone boy are fcuk all use either, and I really wish we had of kept mislintat who at least knew his job. I would also argue that our management structure is not compatible with winning trophies - we have had years of some three headed club management system where all are equal, but how can you run a club like that ? :? Surely there has to be one higher person in power who knows what they are doing and knows the game ? It seems we have an all are equal policy with the only voice above them being son of satan (did I put in an extra "a" there by mistake ? :rubchin: ), and wtf does he know ?? :roll:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

BobbyPires7 wrote:

:lol: :lol:

Quality analogy mate! 8)

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

BobbyPires7 wrote:

Ere! BP are you an Estate Agent or Sumfink??? :? :D :wink:

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 7:41 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:

Ere! BP are you an Estate Agent or Sumfink??? :? :D :wink:
Do you want to make an offer? :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

:rubchin: :rubchin: :rubchin: :rubchin: :rubchin: :rubchin:

on what ????

:D

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Bergkamp on Daniel Ek's takeover bid:

“Daniel has now reached out twice to Josh Kroenke & his bankers. Whatever Kroenke’s intentions are, it would be good if we at least have a conversation. Daniel is not a quitter & neither are we. We are here to stay."

https://t.co/3dMSMD1n6z https://t.co/ygys5e8s7p

Bergkamp: "We have plenty of ideas about the technical details, but it makes little sense to anticipate them now. First, Daniel has to come to a takeover. After that, it would make sense to use the knowledge we have gained during & after our careers. We are ready & so is Daniel." https://t.co/hmToFaAIFM

augie

Post by augie »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 11:11 am

“Daniel has now reached out twice to Josh Kroenke & his bankers. Whatever Kroenke’s intentions are, it would be good if we at least have a conversation. Daniel is not a quitter & neither are we. We are here to stay."

Bergkamp: "We have plenty of ideas about the technical details, but it makes little sense to anticipate them now. First, Daniel has to come to a takeover. After that, it would make sense to use the knowledge we have gained during & after our careers. We are ready & so is Daniel." https://t.co/hmToFaAIFM

I dunno what it is but when the great Dennis Bergkamp speaks it just adds some extra credence to this story - henry for sure, and PV4 sometimes, were players who sought out attention so henry speaking out on behalf of EK is like him seeking out personal attention, but when the great Dutchman speaks it refocuses everyone's attention imo

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

augie wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 11:53 am
mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 11:11 am

I dunno what it is but when the great Dennis Bergkamp speaks it just adds some extra credence to this story - henry for sure, and PV4 sometimes, were players who sought out attention so henry speaking out on behalf of EK is like him seeking out personal attention, but when the great Dutchman speaks it refocuses everyone's attention imo
I agree. Dennis has never courted the limelight so when he speaks it certainly adds weight.
Last edited by Clummo99 on Thu May 20, 2021 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

Has anyone got the full transcript of Dennis , I agree when the great man speaks we listen .

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

gooner265 wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 12:44 pm
Has anyone got the full transcript of Dennis , I agree when the great man speaks we listen .
The first link McD posted is the Dutch newspaper article. You'll need to run it through a translator if you're not automatically setup to do so.

https://t.co/3dMSMD1n6z

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Sorry just presumed we all knew Dutch :lol: