Potential Takeover

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: Potential Takeover

Post by OneBardGooner »

Clummo99 wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 8:37 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 8:31 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 7:51 pm
🚨🚨🚨L'équipe : Arsene Wenger could also join Daniel Ek in his bid to buy Arsenal FC with Thierry Henry, Patrick Vieira & Dennis Bergkamp
They also want David Dein involved.
Also Pat Rice, Liam Brady, all our sacked scouts AND Gunnersaurus!

There's also talk of the great Jack Kelsey coming back to run the club shop again. The fact that he died in 1998 is not going to put them off. :barscarf:
Yup! He's a Dead Cert! :D :-P

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Clummo99 wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 8:27 am
Can anyone help me? I can't recall if it was by the end of last week or by the end of this week that Ek was going to propose his offer for the club?

:lol:

:roll: FFS Clummo keep up dude! It was the week before the week after he was going wait for an answer to whether kroenke was willing to talk about having a phone conversation about the week before if the week after the game went well and if there was any chance of there being a face to face meeting by Zoom so they could discuss when there might be the possibility of josh kroenke organising a meeting between him and his wig wearing cunnt of a father about actually agreeing something about which they have yet to agree.

:roll: Jeeezzuss H KEEP UP! Will You!??

:mrgreen:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 10:12 am
A11M11 wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 10:10 am
Can anyone help me? I can't recall if it was by the end of last week or by the end of this week that Ek was going to propose his offer for the club?

Patience my boy ,
Golden geese don't come around too often and it won't be a decision taken in 5 minutes.

Question , did he buy in for a football club or a bit of prime real estate in London.? or Was it as originally pitched to get the T.V rights ?. Was it bought with the long term goal of the presently defunked Super League or as a travelling circus league playing in various countries throughout the far east ?
Once his motives have been established, you can start to frame your pitch to try and unsettle him , until then it's softly , softly catchee monkey.
What has Gareth Bale got to do with this? :D

Monkeyist.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 4:38 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 10:12 am
A11M11 wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 10:10 am

Patience my boy ,
Golden geese don't come around too often and it won't be a decision taken in 5 minutes.

Question , did he buy in for a football club or a bit of prime real estate in London.? or Was it as originally pitched to get the T.V rights ?. Was it bought with the long term goal of the presently defunked Super League or as a travelling circus league playing in various countries throughout the far east ?
Once his motives have been established, you can start to frame your pitch to try and unsettle him , until then it's softly , softly catchee monkey.
What has Gareth Bale got to do with this? :D

Monkeyist.
Thank you. 8)

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

:lol: :high5:

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

https://mobile.twitter.com/eldsjal/stat ... 5357833217

Well that is that.

Relegation is the only way to get rid of these *word censored*

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

.@SkyKaveh: "The reason Ek released this statement is to set the record straight. He didn't want #Arsenal fans to think he had been misleading them. He wanted to be as transparent as possible. He respects the fact that bid has been turned down, but that bid remains on the table"

.@SkyKaveh: "He’s still keen to buy #Arsenal & he’s ready & willing to speak to the owners if they change their mind. My understand is he’s still very keen & he’s not going away" https://t.co/h6YckbZbaA

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 2:56 pm
.@SkyKaveh: "The reason Ek released this statement is to set the record straight. He didn't want #Arsenal fans to think he had been misleading them. He wanted to be as transparent as possible. He respects the fact that bid has been turned down, but that bid remains on the table"

.@SkyKaveh: "He’s still keen to buy #Arsenal & he’s ready & willing to speak to the owners if they change their mind. My understand is he’s still very keen & he’s not going away" https://t.co/h6YckbZbaA
A first bid was always going to be turned down, same as buying a house, you hope it gets accepted but you have a second and third amount you’ll be prepared to go to before you walk away.

Kronke is right, that he doesn’t need the money, but a very healthy profit on top of what he paid for the shares, with the club making a heavy loss, and probably next season too, with no Europe and COVID still limiting attendances may well give him a nudge to take the money.

Kronke should never have been allowed to purchase the club in the first place

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Seems s bit weird to me that Ek has basically said ‘That’s our offer, it’s still on the table’? If you’re serious about buying, you make a token bid first off, which if accepted is a right result and you feel you have a bit of a bargain. If refused, you maybe say you’ll take some time to consider what to do, take in what’s been said etc, then come back with a bid that may be accepted and if that’s refused you come back with an over the top, can’t be refused bid......if you’re very serious about buying that is.
Sounds to me like Ek has made a bid that he knew would never be accepted, but has got a shitload of personal exposure along with covering up a big rise in Spotify monthly costs.
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Bob Bayliss

Post by Bob Bayliss »

It looks like this is going to fizzle out in the way that the attempts to get Usmanov/Red and White Holdings to topple Kronke did a decade ago.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Dont think people grasp what you are up against with Kronke...he aint going nowhere....he means it when he says he dont need money

He will totally disregard and probably enjoy any fan unrest

Would not put it past him to try and relocate the club

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Why does he want to keep a loss-making asset which by default is therefore depreciating in value?

To those who feel that Arsenal is worth keeping I think you need to understand how a company is valued. With all the tv money, sponsorship etc we are making huge losses. That depresses the value. You can only sustain huge losses for so long without the value declining.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 6:57 pm
Why does he want to keep a loss-making asset which by default is therefore depreciating in value?

To those who feel that Arsenal is worth keeping I think you need to understand how a company is valued. With all the tv money, sponsorship etc we are making huge losses. That depresses the value. You can only sustain huge losses for so long without the value declining.
Because he is Stan Kronke...he has stated previously hes building a sporting portfolio for his family and dont need the money

No reason to doubt he is telling the truth

Big mistake was letting him in the club in the first place...

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Redarmy wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 6:20 am
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 6:57 pm

Because he is Stan Kronke...he has stated previously hes building a sporting portfolio for his family and dont need the money

No reason to doubt he is telling the truth

Big mistake was letting him in the club in the first place...
Arsenal isn't depreciating in value, in fact since Kroenke bought Usmanov out a few years back the value of the club has increased from £1.8 to £2 bn (the value of Eks bid). And that's with us no longer being in the CL/finishing in the top 4.

The club with the exception of the COVID pandemic has never made a huge loss. Kroenke injected money into the club last summer, but none of this has been used on the playing side.

I would say the value of the club is depressed because of Kroenke's strategy, but don't think under normal circumstances we are hemorrhaging money because we aren't.

My understanding is Kroenke has doubled his money in paper terms. That's the original purchase price of his shares versus the market cap. Nice work if you don't invest a penny of your own money into player recruitment.
Last edited by nut flush gooner on Mon May 17, 2021 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

https://twitter.com/SwissRamble/status/ ... 94/photo/1

And just to show how little Kroenke has invested in Arsenal, this great Twitter account sums things up. The owner has put in less than the likes of WBA and Sheff Utd owners.