Potential Takeover

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Arsenal Till I Die

Re: Potential Takeover

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

Redarmy wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:20 am
In recent days we have noted media speculation regarding a potential takeover bid for Arsenal Football Club. We remain 100% committed to Arsenal and are not selling any stake in the Club. We have not received any offer and we will not entertain any offer.

“Our ambition for Arsenal remains to compete to win the biggest trophies in the game and our focus remains on improving our competitiveness on the pitch to achieve this.

Stan Kroenke and Josh Kroenke
Kroenke, Sports & Entertainment
Sounds more like a sound the typical "this player is not for sale" schtick, to get more money from the buyer,

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

Areteta defending the owners and saying thinks protests will stop after their statement.

utter *word censored*.

knows he would likely be out on his ear in any takeover.

no need for him to defend them, should stay silent or non commital

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

the playing mantis wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:52 am
Areteta defending the owners and saying thinks protests will stop after their statement.

utter *word censored*.

knows he would likely be out on his ear in any takeover.

no need for him to defend them, should stay silent or non commital
If my boss tells me to say something at a meeting (work related) then I have to say it even though I might not agree with it.

Same here maybe ?

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Wenger now looking to jump aboard the takeover bid :roll:
Please don't go Stan!!! :lol:

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

goonersid wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:48 pm
Maybe he's willing to plow back some part of those wages he trousered under false pretenses? :lol:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

I think I'd rather Wiggy asset stripped the club than have Wenger back here in any capacity whatsoever including being the Tea Lady :banghead:

Arsenal Till I Die

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

ok so Ek is preparing a £1.8 billion pound bid and Kroenke supposedly wants £2.15 billion.
maybe they can compromise on £ 2 billion.

I'm still very unsure about it all, but the good thing I think is that pressure is being put on Kroenke.
I was always a bit disappointed with Usmanov, because he really didn't put much pressure on Kroenke.
Kroenke has either got to get more involved or face having protests ramped up against him, so its a win win.

Regarding Wenger getting involved - I actually think he is pretty harmless these days - the main thing is he is never going to get involved in picking an Arsenal team again. :D
I could live with Wenger returning if it meant that Henry, Bergkamp and Vieira were back too :barscarf:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Daniel Ek: "I have secured the funds and I want to bring a very compelling offer to the owners and I hope they hear me out." https://t.co/rWRqJ6Ue1H

Daniel Ek on the Kroenkes saying they won't sell: "I didn't expect this would happen overnight. I’m prepared this could be a long journey. I am first and foremost a fan and I want the club to do better." https://t.co/EApNwBlFhw

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

I watched a report on BBC News yesterday that included an interview with a Swedish financial reporter from TV8. The crux was that Ek has a history of being patient (some Swedish saying about having a lot of fat on your arse was included :lol:)

This reporter said that acquisitions and buyouts involving Ek may take weeks, months and sometimes even years but if he's determined he is willing to play the long game.

augie

Post by augie »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:34 pm
ok so Ek is preparing a £1.8 billion pound bid and Kroenke supposedly wants £2.15 billion.

I'm still very unsure about it all, but the good thing I think is that pressure is being put on Kroenke.
I was always a bit disappointed with Usmanov, because he really didn't put much pressure on Kroenke.
Kroenke has either got to get more involved or face having protests ramped up against him, so its a win win.

Regarding Wenger getting involved - I actually think he is pretty harmless these days - the main thing is he is never going to get involved in picking an Arsenal team again. :D
I could live with Wenger returning if it meant that Henry, Bergkamp and Vieira were back too :barscarf:

Harmless cos he aint got no power - give the c.unt a bit of power again and watch him absolutely fcuk it up royally whilst telling us all that he is the greatest and his plan will work :roll: :banghead: :banghead:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

augie wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:36 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:

Harmless cos he aint got no power - give the c.unt a bit of power again and watch him absolutely fcuk it up royally whilst telling us all that he is the greatest and his plan will work :roll: :banghead: :banghead:
Augie!! He's lying in bed every morning this last week, watching vhs of his glory days, with his limp cock in his hand, and dreaming of being manager again!! :lol:

Arsenal Till I Die

Swedish billionaire Daniel Ek is expected to submit a £1.8 billion offer to buy Arsenal in the next few days @SkySportsNews

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... nke-family

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

goonersid wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:48 pm
:lol: :lol: :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

goonersid wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:41 pm
augie wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:36 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:

Augie!! He's lying on the beach every morning this last week, watching vhs of his glory days, with his limp cock in his hand, and dreaming of being manager again!! :lol:

Uncanny! :shock: