Potential Takeover

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: Potential Takeover

Post by OneBardGooner »

Clummo99 wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:12 pm
goonersid wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:48 pm
Wenger now looking to jump aboard the takeover bid :roll:
Please don't go Stan!!! :lol:
Maybe he's willing to plow back ALL of those wages he trousered under false pretenses? :lol:
:wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Apparently you could fit both New York AND Los Angeles alongside each other within the borders of WiggyCUNTS Ranch. :?
Last edited by OneBardGooner on Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:28 pm
The ESL was a shot across the bows from the big clubs, it was just a ranging shot so to speak, Wiggy wont sell until all those plans are 100% dead in the water. Remember 12 owners signed up for it and none of those people like to be balked. Wiggy can afford to play the long game for the moment.

It will take something special to get him to sell up, either in terms of financial offer or the clubs finances taking a huge hit. :rubchin:
Thing is without massive investment we are likely to decline in value as an asset and probably out of the picture by the time ESL2 comes around, the only way to make us profitable again is to trim our outgoings even more, which will anger fans even more, Ek has obviously been waiting for this opportunity to put the spotlight on KSE, finally the c*nts can't hide.

It might take a year or two but there is now the real chance to push these leeches out of the club, who knows by then we might have another interested party involved, or better still govt. make 50+1 a reality (Yeah ok long shot with Blue Boris).

Arsenal is at or even past it's peak value now, objectively speaking I would be selling now before the rot really sets in, KSE are not going to finance the club to the tune of hundreds of millions up against city, Chelsea or united. so where do they go from here..

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Relentless "Kroenke Out" campaign with all the niceties that go hand in hand with this approach! (can I say that DB?) :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

goonersid wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:11 am
Relentless "Kroenke Out" campaign with all the niceties that go hand in hand with this approach! (can I say that DB?) :lol:
:rubchin:

Hmm.... yep I think we can let that one go.... :lol:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

I've been trying to distance myself from this, because the hope will kill me! More than any player, managerial appointment etc.......I've wanted rid of this wig wearing c.unt for a decade now.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

I'm in no way against a takeover all I'm saying is it has to be the right sort of takeover. Wiggy *word censored* is a shit owner no doubt but there is nothing to say that Ek would be any better.

There needs to be clarity on what his takeover will will mean, hopefully the actual bid will give more information.

Associating former greats with the bid smacks of PR to me but will they have any actual involvement in the running of things, will they be any good, will he listen if they do.

Wiggy's lack of interest and understanding of football, his disassociation from the fans, his appointees have all been woeful but as yet there is nothing that says to me Ek will be any better.

As yet there has been no engagement with the fans other than 'media' speculation. If he is serious and wants to bring fans onside he needs to up his game, and fans need to open their eyes too, simply put I'm hopeful but under whelmed so far

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

I just had a disconcerting thought about the 3 former players mooted to be involved.

Bergkamp has always maintained that he only ever wants to be a coach and work with players, so that's his role sorted if he joins the club. I'd be chuffed with that at any time.

My fear is the plan to have Henry or Vieira as manager/first team coach. Or the two combined as some kind of dream team.

That prospect I really don't like.

John F

Post by John F »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:28 am
goonersid wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:11 am
:rubchin:

Hmm.... yep I think we can let that one go.... :lol:
I would think again. Nice ties is the French version of the Columbian neck tie.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

I'm not for a second defending the Kroenke regime because there really isn't anything that can be defended but, this whole fucking obsession with ownership is the 2021 version of the 2010-2020 cult of the manager obsession. Clubs have always been owned by people, owners always took money out of clubs, the supporters always came last. In much the same way as teams always had managers and sometimes they made good decisions and sometimes they made bad ones.
However many years ago, people with too much time on their hands and social media accounts started an arms race to be more obscure and attention-seeking with their opinions and started coming up with reasons why "Borussia Dortmund are so underrated" or "Athletic Bilbao will be the next global superpower" just because they'd seen them.mentioned once on that fucking awful Soccer AM or on "Championship Manger" where the deluded, the self-absorbed and the self-indulged came with with sickening shit like: "I honestly reckon I could manage a Premiership team in real life. I just need someone to give me a chance."
Nobody fucking cared who owned a club 25 years ago. Blackburn had a load of money thrown at them, Newcastle did too and won fuck all, but really- the established names were always around and really, there was no great feeling of being part of a club or controlling its decisions because we've always been the bottom of the pecking order. One day out of nowhere some corrupt, bearded cûnt buys a virtually bankrupt nothing club in west London and that's the answer to everything. Suddenly we're all told that this is a great owner who cares about his club and that we all need one. Everybody's running around checking out who can buy their club or whether having £5bn is enough to compete. Fucking hell. Honestly fucking hell.
We as a club never really showed any interest in being a massive club. We had the opportunities to "grow the brand " but didn't, should have been touring Asia and North America for 25 years but let some Wanker decide that sitting in a village in Austria was better for us. When we should have been kicking on, we weren't. That's sadly, where we missed the bus. It's not just this owner, but years and years of horrific, short-sighted and negligent decision making at the top of the club that have led here.
As I've said, I'm not for one moment defending Kroenke but really, what difference does it make whether we are owned by a bloke who lives on a ranch in fucking wherever or a bloke from Sweden who owns a music platform? It doesn't. Neither of them know anything about English football culture or what it means to follow a team. They've both got their own business interests to worry about before worrying about football and neither are them are going to put the fucking ball in the net or stop it going in there. I'd rather we got a proper manager in first and see what happens rather than getting excited about who owns us.
As depressing as it sounds, it matters not one fucking bit who owns us, because unless it's sovereign wealth fund or a horrifically immoral despot, we're not competing.

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

All correct Perry, personally I can't disagree with a single point you've made.

The one thing I will say though, after 10 years of KSE I'm sure we're all of the opinion that the current owner isn't going to be employing that top manager.

Sometimes in life it's better the devil you know but for me whomever to and whenever the ownership changes hands they can't be any worse surely?

Whether it's Kroenke, Ek, the Nigerian Prince or someone else they're always going to run the club as a business first and foremost. People have to get real and stop viewing football as it used to be where the local millionaire Mill owner also owned the town football club and every team played 4-4-2.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:45 am
I've been trying to distance myself from this, because the hope will kill me! More than any player, managerial appointment etc.......I've wanted rid of this wig wearing c.unt for a decade now.

I know the feeling mate.

When I first read the breaking news/Rumours etc

I was just So Fuckin' HAPPY - It felt like I'd drunk as bottle of Tequila in one go - Yunoo like I did at Fwanks birthday Party...But then the Reality thing kicked in and immediately I'm thinking Aaaah! WiggyCUNT won't sell...He's a Money Grabbing WhoreofaCUNT..

I have less and less hope as each day goes by since the rumours first started...

BUT it is still that tiny infinitesimal chink of light, that ray of 'hope' that keeps nagging away..

Maybe??? :rubchin:

Could it possibly happen :rubchin: :rubchin:

Being a GreedyMoneyGrabbingCUNTofaWHORE - If they offer him enough surely the evil piece of CUNTSlop Filth will do one and FuckThe FUCKOFF!???

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

I wonder what his business plan is. If he’s buying it for £2 billion with bank debt I don’t see how he can pay that back. We are heavily loss making with a wage bill stuffed full of shite. It will take about 3 years just to unwind it all.

My guess is his plan is to buy us and streamline the wage bill and then rely on youth and a good up and coming manager (like a Nagelsmann). Sounds great in theory but can he pull it off??

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:06 pm
I wonder what his business plan is. If he’s buying it for £2 billion with bank debt I don’t see how he can pay that back. We are heavily loss making with a wage bill stuffed full of shite. It will take about 3 years just to unwind it all.

My guess is his plan is to buy us and streamline the wage bill and then rely on youth and a good up and coming manager (like a Nagelsmann). Sounds great in theory but can he pull it off??
Nagelsmann is off to Bayern.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Clummo99 wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:10 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:06 pm

Nagelsmann is off to Bayern.
I know. Someone like Nagelsmann. In that mould.