Night Fever hair v The best Europa league manager of all time KO 8PM Thurs May 6th

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SteveO 35

Re: Night Fever hair v The best Europa league manager of all time KO 8PM Thurs May 6th

Post by SteveO 35 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 9:53 am
SteveO 35 wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 8:10 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 7:33 am
SteveO 35 wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 6:44 am

In El Beige's 80+ games this c.unt and butter wrists have featured more than any other players......and you can fully expect to see them both tonight. No doubt Mat Ryan will get the West Brom game, but Butter Wrists back for Chavski regardless of how he plays. Predictable as ever

MOTM Martinelli can expect to find his ass back on the bench again tonight - further evidence that it doesn't matter how you play under this prick
This ^^. Bang on the money and fucking demoralising as fuck because these are the facts. :x

Martinez-Lite will never admit he got it wrong and like Wenger will just push on ahead convinced he knows better than everybody else no matter what the actual facts say. :roll:

Didn't Clive recently set the PL record for most goals conceded due to individual errors or something similar? Martinez-Lite's response? Keep playing him every minute of every game. Fucking moron. :censored: :roll:
Most errors leading directly to a goal - a quite incredible achievement because the rest of the list contained only keepers and defenders. That's just how shit the guy is. After his Everton exploits (and others) I wouldn't be surprised to see Butter Wrists feature on the list too......yet they are El Beige's two virtual ever presents. Just about sums it up. We need to stay patient with Martinelli, but be completely fine about a couple of c.unts offering the oppo a goal head start every time they play.....
Yup. I think the Martinelli situation is purely ego driven on Martinez-Lite's behalf. The fans are lauding the lad, calling out for him to play, the media are too, Keown has all but called him the new Bergkamp, and I'd imagine some of the coaches, maybe even a player or two are saying it to Martinez-Lite also.

But because it won't be seen as Martinez-Lite "discovering" Martinelli his ego won't let him play him. His ego sees it as lesser people telling him what to do.

Yep it sounds fucked I know. But I honestly would not be surprised if it is true. What other reason is there not to play a guy that improves us 100% every time he plays?
Wenger had the whole "30 years in football" ego trip thing going on, whilst the Spanish David Brent suffers from first time manager syndrome where changing your mind is deemed as being "weak" and sticking rigidly to something that doesn't work is deemed as "strength"....in his own mind. One day when grey hair appears he'll look back at this period and recognise the mistakes in the way most of us have done 10-15 years after we started managing people for the first time. All the reasons why he should have learned his mistakes in a safe environment away from the media glare, and in the lower divisions.

BobbyPires7

Re: Night Fever hair v The best Europa league manager of all time KO 8PM Thurs May 6th

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Was thinking that Leno could have his gloves sponsored by Lurpak. Would be the equivalent of the Visit Rwanda shirt sleeves but actually Lurpak would have a meaning for old butter wrists.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

This game will either be 1-1 or we will win by a couple of goals ,but I wouldn't put money on either :lol:

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 11:37 am
This game will either be 1-1 or we will win by a couple of goals ,but I wouldn't put money on either :lol:
My guess is pelanties. (Copyright Chris Waddle)

augie

Post by augie »

We will piss all over them tonight - they had their chance the last night and didnt take it, and coming to us with only a 1 goal lead and us having the away goal, will not be enough for them. Maybe they will score or maybe they wont, but they will need to score more than once tonight to go through, and I honestly dont think that they are good enough

3-0 with the goals coming from pepe, auba and one of our defenders (probably the swiss/albanian c.unt :roll: )

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

We're fucked if Augie is that confident :lol: :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 11:20 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 9:53 am
SteveO 35 wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 8:10 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 7:33 am
SteveO 35 wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 6:44 am

In El Beige's 80+ games this c.unt and butter wrists have featured more than any other players......and you can fully expect to see them both tonight. No doubt Mat Ryan will get the West Brom game, but Butter Wrists back for Chavski regardless of how he plays. Predictable as ever

MOTM Martinelli can expect to find his ass back on the bench again tonight - further evidence that it doesn't matter how you play under this prick
This ^^. Bang on the money and fucking demoralising as fuck because these are the facts. :x

Martinez-Lite will never admit he got it wrong and like Wenger will just push on ahead convinced he knows better than everybody else no matter what the actual facts say. :roll:

Didn't Clive recently set the PL record for most goals conceded due to individual errors or something similar? Martinez-Lite's response? Keep playing him every minute of every game. Fucking moron. :censored: :roll:
Most errors leading directly to a goal - a quite incredible achievement because the rest of the list contained only keepers and defenders. That's just how shit the guy is. After his Everton exploits (and others) I wouldn't be surprised to see Butter Wrists feature on the list too......yet they are El Beige's two virtual ever presents. Just about sums it up. We need to stay patient with Martinelli, but be completely fine about a couple of c.unts offering the oppo a goal head start every time they play.....
Yup. I think the Martinelli situation is purely ego driven on Martinez-Lite's behalf. The fans are lauding the lad, calling out for him to play, the media are too, Keown has all but called him the new Bergkamp, and I'd imagine some of the coaches, maybe even a player or two are saying it to Martinez-Lite also.

But because it won't be seen as Martinez-Lite "discovering" Martinelli his ego won't let him play him. His ego sees it as lesser people telling him what to do.

Yep it sounds fucked I know. But I honestly would not be surprised if it is true. What other reason is there not to play a guy that improves us 100% every time he plays?
Wenger had the whole "30 years in football" ego trip thing going on, whilst the Spanish David Brent suffers from first time manager syndrome where changing your mind is deemed as being "weak" and sticking rigidly to something that doesn't work is deemed as "strength"....in his own mind. One day when grey hair appears he'll look back at this period and recognise the mistakes in the way most of us have done 10-15 years after we started managing people for the first time. All the reasons why he should have learned his mistakes in a safe environment away from the media glare, and in the lower divisions.
Spanish David Brent. :coffeespit:
Quality mate. :lol: 8)

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Was thinking that Leno could have his gloves sponsored by Lurpak. Would be the equivalent of the Visit Rwanda shirt sleeves but actually Lurpak would have a meaning for old butter wrists.
:lol: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 11:59 am
mcdowell42 wrote:
My guess is pelanties. (Copyright Chris Waddle)
:lol: :lol:

Midz

Post by Midz »

It's anyone's guess going into this game. Who knows how we'll play or who'll turn up or who won't. We could score early on and lead up until the 89th minute and then they'll score due to some error by one of ours and then they go through. Or as augie says we could batter them 3-0.
Red cards, penalties? It's a complete mystery!

Topside Northbank

Post by Topside Northbank »

5 home games without a win :roll:

Lets see the team first but really like all this season no idea if we will turn up and perform or not tonight.Lets face it way more bad performances than even average/good ones.

The habit of even when not looking in any danger we shoot ourselves in the foot with a defensive fuck up or red card is never in the back of my mind but the forefront.

Of course I do hope we turn it on we have some decent forward players but would rather go out tonight than take another Baku like final against another English team.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Reckon we could be 1 up in injury time and some how fuvk it up

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Can't remember feeling such apathy, on the day of a cup semi-final.
The rewards for winning the trophy are huge ie clge football and perhaps more important, would be rubbing every spud fan I know up big time! Jesus they were talking some shite in November' when they were being touted as title contenders and how Maureen had " sorted out their losing mentality" :lol:
Yet ! It will mean at least another year of Arteta?
Maybe a year when he can mature as a manager?
Are our expectations as fans, simply unrealistic, are we spoilt selfish brats, everything we used to deride utd fans for in the 80's and early 90's, with their "right to win the lge" mentality.
So should we just be happy, thrilled and content if we get through tonite and go on to win it?
And the final is on "26th May" :shock:
I don't have a fucking clue what to think any more!
:corkbarry: :corkbarry: :corkbarry:

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

Emery will be the deciding factor, one way or another.

He will either go for the kill or, as we all know, be too pragmatic and allow us to take control of the tie.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

#AFC XI vs Villarreal - Leno; Bellerin, Holding, Mari, Xhaka; Partey, Smith Rowe, Odegaard; Pepe, Aubameyang, Saka #ARSVIL
https://t.co/F4OWMwtWjE