Night Fever hair v The best Europa league manager of all time KO 8PM Thurs May 6th

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: Night Fever hair v The best Europa league manager of all time KO 8PM Thurs May 6th

Post by OneBardGooner »

rodders999

Re: Night Fever hair v The best Europa league manager of all time KO 8PM Thurs May 6th

Post by rodders999 »

Yeah Clummo it’s all gone to shit at Juve, won the league 9 years in a row but in real danger of not even making top 4 this season.

They also gave a rookie manager a job that was way to big for him.......

Bennett

Post by Bennett »

Beyond words... semi final and not giving it everything. Shitehouse and shameful. Fucking boo....owners, hierarchy, so called coach and players. Fucking embarrassing 🤬🤬🤬🤬

Rob Admin
Site Admin

Post by Rob Admin »

Plenty of positives from tonight.

- no brown tubing at hands of United in final

- no CL revenue for the owners

- diminishing stature and value of club for ow ers

- no job for life for Arteta had he won it

Took all of about 3 minutes to get over not making the final.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Rob Admin wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 10:20 pm
Plenty of positives from tonight.

- no brown tubing at hands of United in final

- no CL revenue for the owners

- diminishing stature and value of club for ow ers

- no job for life for Arteta had he won it

Took all of about 3 minutes to get over not making the final.
100% :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

I'm strangely not as disappointed as I thought I would be tonight. The reality is when you watch a bunch of *word censored* strolling around, not giving a fuck, it's hard to really care. I hope Arteta goes tomorrow but the clubs problems stretch far beyond him. Even if Kroenke sells up, we aren't getting an owner with unlimited spending power like the Arabs or Abramovich has, so we will continue on a road to nowhere.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Anyone who ever defended Wanker from 2008 onwards led us to this moment. That chubby little face screaming on the 'march' in May 2008. Good effort and thanks.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Well if nothing else, no matter who is in charge, our transfer budget just shrank considerably. Not that i mind really i wouldnt trust Edu and Arteta with it anyway and if Arteta goes we'll bring in a budget Manager for a budget club :barscarf:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

The Gunners only had four shots on target across the two legs, but Arteta suggested that his side were unfortunate not to make it to the final

Hopefully fan protests next season.....lets get rid of the parasite Kronkes, Vinai, Edu and that fraud Arteta....clean sweep needed

Never liked Edu or the crawler Arteta in my opinion not Arsenal men and never have been

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Redarmy wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 6:13 am
The Gunners only had four shots on target across the two legs, but Arteta suggested that his side were unfortunate not to make it to the final

Hopefully fan protests next season.....lets get rid of the parasite Kronkes, Vinai, Edu and that fraud Arteta....clean sweep needed

Never liked Edu or the crawler Arteta in my opinion not Arsenal men and never have been
One of which I presume was the penalty over there - one that should stop our conspiracy theorists bleating about all the terrible luck we get, as it was reminiscent of the penalty Rooney got to end the 49ers unbeaten run

We were schooled by Villareal for at least 150 of the 180 minutes

Last night was as limpdicked as anything in Wenger's later years - sideways slow paced shite, making us the easiest team to defend against.

WHEN he is allowed to manage us next season you can look forward to finishing no higher than 15th. The battle to stay in the PL starts now

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Remember Arteta was the guy who bought Gazidis a really nice watch when it was announced the Lizard was leaving. Arteta is a creep, a complete brown noser who will do anything to save his job, do not think he will ever walk away, he's a mini-Wenger in many ways.

There are still some who are saying give Arteta a 'proper' transfer window.........so what you're basically saying is the players are not good enough, so lets start with what Arteta's best team is.........errrr, well he doesn't know. That's why he changes things EVERY week! He never gives the defence a chance to build a 'working relationship', absolutely crucial in football to understand how someone plays and what makes them tick, all of our famous five from Georges days say that. We start over in every game because shit for brains doesn't have a clue what to do. Look at clubs like Leicester and West Ham or even Liverpool- the same defence week in week out barring injuries, they manage to play 40+ games a season, strange isn't it that Arsenal have to rotate every week?

Midfield has been a disaster zone for years. God knows what has happened to Partey, he plays like a ringer, but he WAS a good player in Spain so something is not right. I don't think he's fit for starters, if you watch him run he doesn't go flat out, he tends to run 'easy' and I think he is worried about his hamstrings all the time. There is a problem there. Arteta has an obsession with wingers? Wenger never played them and if he did, he played a striker or someone there. I just don't get the obsession with playing two wingers, one yes, but two....why? We don't have a target man in the middle, ever! My biggest moan for midfield is that he has forced ESR out wide in a role that just doesn't suit him. Through the middle, ESR is electric and creates plenty. Forcing him out to accomodate Odegaard - the Nippy Denilson, just to let him make his trademark 5-10 yard passes going nowhere is a fucking awful move. I hope to god we don't sign Odegaard, no wonder Madrid never play him, he is NOT a very good player. Again, Arteta doesn't have a clue what his best midfield is, so he constantly changes it, hoping that something he tries actually works.
Up front it's the same, play the main man out wide, where he can't make penetrating runs. Look at how often Vardy scores by getting a ball over the top and running on to it, yet we won't do that for PEA, we stick him out wide and hope he can cut in and do something. Lacazette has done ok in the 2nd half of the season but he's playing for a contract, will be a massive mistake to renew.....on which point I read that Luiz's agent says they are talking to the club about a new contract - I won't even comment on that. I said on another thread when Arteta was appointed that I thought he would be a disaster for the club.........it's worse than that. There isn't one thing that Arteta brings to Arsenal that is positive.
ARTETA OUT!!!

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

Most fans seem to think that last nights debacle means Arteta goes, but I don't see it. Kroenke is in a position in which he is mulling over whether to sell the club or not, no way he is going to be bothered to pay off Arteta and then have to search for a new manager. Either way, this summer will be one of the most horrendous windows in living memory, zero European football and an already absent owner unsure of his future ownership, meaning we will be shopping in the footballing equivalent of poundland. Bottom three here we come :(

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

TeeCee wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 6:52 am
Remember Arteta was the guy who bought Gazidis a really nice watch when it was announced the Lizard was leaving. Arteta is a creep, a complete brown noser who will do anything to save his job, do not think he will ever walk away, he's a mini-Wenger in many ways.

There are still some who are saying give Arteta a 'proper' transfer window.........so what you're basically saying is the players are not good enough, so lets start with what Arteta's best team is.........errrr, well he doesn't know. That's why he changes things EVERY week! He never gives the defence a chance to build a 'working relationship', absolutely crucial in football to understand how someone plays and what makes them tick, all of our famous five from Georges days say that. We start over in every game because shit for brains doesn't have a clue what to do. Look at clubs like Leicester and West Ham or even Liverpool- the same defence week in week out barring injuries, they manage to play 40+ games a season, strange isn't it that Arsenal have to rotate every week?

Midfield has been a disaster zone for years. God knows what has happened to Partey, he plays like a ringer, but he WAS a good player in Spain so something is not right. I don't think he's fit for starters, if you watch him run he doesn't go flat out, he tends to run 'easy' and I think he is worried about his hamstrings all the time. There is a problem there. Arteta has an obsession with wingers? Wenger never played them and if he did, he played a striker or someone there. I just don't get the obsession with playing two wingers, one yes, but two....why? We don't have a target man in the middle, ever! My biggest moan for midfield is that he has forced ESR out wide in a role that just doesn't suit him. Through the middle, ESR is electric and creates plenty. Forcing him out to accomodate Odegaard - the Nippy Denilson, just to let him make his trademark 5-10 yard passes going nowhere is a fucking awful move. I hope to god we don't sign Odegaard, no wonder Madrid never play him, he is NOT a very good player. Again, Arteta doesn't have a clue what his best midfield is, so he constantly changes it, hoping that something he tries actually works.
Up front it's the same, play the main man out wide, where he can't make penetrating runs. Look at how often Vardy scores by getting a ball over the top and running on to it, yet we won't do that for PEA, we stick him out wide and hope he can cut in and do something. Lacazette has done ok in the 2nd half of the season but he's playing for a contract, will be a massive mistake to renew.....on which point I read that Luiz's agent says they are talking to the club about a new contract - I won't even comment on that. I said on another thread when Arteta was appointed that I thought he would be a disaster for the club.........it's worse than that. There isn't one thing that Arteta brings to Arsenal that is positive.
ARTETA OUT!!!
Another window???? Just imagine that eh? The c.unt has already had 3 and fucked up every single one of them. Willian, Partey, Ceballos, Gabriel, Odegaard - all absolute clusterfucks. Saliba, Guendouzi, Torreira, AMN and Willock all punted out as they were clearly the fucking problem as opposed to all the useless c.unts he signed. Martinez sold so that arrogant Butter Wrists could be unchallenged all season

Just imagine what this human wrecking ball will do in the next window. My guess would be sending Martinelli out on loan, selling Saliba and blowing the lot on some flaky Kia J journeyman c.unt

The only window this c.unt should get is a Velux one, with someone sticking him in a human cannon and firing him through it into a land far far away

Midz

Post by Midz »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 7:12 am

The only window this c.unt should get is a Velux one, with someone sticking him in a human cannon and firing him through it into a land far far away
:D :D :D

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Granada, Roma (who they scored 8 against) and Villareal.......fuck me that's a soft European trophy for united :roll: