Night Fever hair v The best Europa league manager of all time KO 8PM Thurs May 6th

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Arsenal Till I Die

Re: Night Fever hair v The best Europa league manager of all time KO 8PM Thurs May 6th

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

The same Holding and Mari that gone torn apart last week? :lol:

Clummo99

Re: Night Fever hair v The best Europa league manager of all time KO 8PM Thurs May 6th

Post by Clummo99 »

With the exception of Bellerin I think that's about as good as we could expect.

wibble

Post by wibble »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 5:36 pm
#AFC XI vs Villarreal - Leno; Bellerin, Holding, Mari, Xhaka; Partey, Smith Rowe, Odegaard; Pepe, Aubameyang, Saka #ARSVIL
https://t.co/F4OWMwtWjE
So smith Rowe or odegaard as 10 with the other alongside Partey?

Or perhaps Saka at left back with xhaka in midfield and ESR on the wing?

I’m assuming it’ll be the former but can’t say that back 4 fills me with confidence. Reckon we’ll need to score a few to progress
Last edited by wibble on Thu May 06, 2021 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 5:36 pm
#AFC XI vs Villarreal - Leno; Bellerin, Holding, Mari, Xhaka; Partey, Smith Rowe, Odegaard; Pepe, Aubameyang, Saka #ARSVIL
https://t.co/F4OWMwtWjE
That’s another first-time eleven. Odegaard and Smith-Rowe in front of Partey. Seems attacking and at least were spared Billy Bogbrush and Getafe.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

I think Saka is playing LB in that team.
If we can’t score with that lot playing then we don’t deserve it.
3-1, Gdańsk here we come :barscarf:

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

Could be Odegaard as a no 8 which I have been calling for

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

TeeCee wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 6:03 pm
I think Saka is playing LB in that team.
If we can’t score with that lot playing then we don’t deserve it.
3-1, Gdańsk here we come :barscarf:
He has been negative in the past but this is an attacking line up.....looks like Xaha contues at left back ..so that leaves the unreliable Partey, odergard and ESR in the middle

they have some pacey players can see them bypassing that midfield

Lets see how it goes

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Hearing Pepe at left back. Auba centre-back. Leno as a false number one.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

No Martinelli.
Bellerin in the starting line up
Butter Wrists and Xhaka of course starting

This better pay off for this c.unt because honest to god I saw that starting line up and my heart sank

shu

Post by shu »

Really Steve ??? I think that is just about as good as you could ask for , tierney is obviously not fit .
How would you have changed it ?

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

Arteta at FT after we lose 3-1.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

shu wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 6:31 pm
Really Steve ??? I think that is just about as good as you could ask for , tierney is obviously not fit .
How would you have changed it ?
Martinelli should be in the team. Chambers and Cedric have consistently proved themselves to be better than Bellerin - a man who can't tackle, cross, defend properly and is constantly out of position. Tierney, I understand completely.....I didn't expect him to be in. I also wonder what Mat Ryan has to do to dislodge Butter Wrists??

For me its a starting line up that says I've got my favourites and if you're not one of them it doesn't matter if you're man of the match (Martinelli) or don't put a foot wrong (Chambers) - I'll bring back my favourites ahead of you

xgtdec

Post by xgtdec »

I like freddie the pundit, fairly straight up compared to some of the wafflers out there

Thynker

Post by Thynker »

Martinelli should be in that team.
Man of the match at the weekend.

He's quite simply a better player than Pepe and perfect for their high line.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Thynker wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 6:36 pm
Martinelli should be in that team.
Man of the match at the weekend.

He's quite simply a better player than Pepe and perfect for their high line.
and he works his bollox off for the team when he does not have the ball......unlike pepe