Night Fever hair v The best Europa league manager of all time KO 8PM Thurs May 6th

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Clummo99

Re: Night Fever hair v The best Europa league manager of all time KO 8PM Thurs May 6th

Post by Clummo99 »

rodders999 wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 8:12 am
Granada, Roma (who they scored 8 against) and Villareal.......fuck me that's a soft European trophy for united :roll:
Mate our opponents were even easier and we still couldn't make the final.

Let it go, its not good for your health. :lol:

augie

Re: Night Fever hair v The best Europa league manager of all time KO 8PM Thurs May 6th

Post by augie »

Rob Admin wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 10:20 pm
Plenty of positives from tonight.

- no brown tubing at hands of United in final

- no CL revenue for the owners

- diminishing stature and value of club for ow ers

- no job for life for Arteta had he won it

Took all of about 3 minutes to get over not making the final.

Pretty much the way I am feeling tbh

My only sadness from last night is looking at the reaction from my two sons - my eldest (18) was absolutely fcuking raging over the performance and exit, whilst my other lad (16) flitted from shock and embarassment, and both questioned their future loyalty to the club as it is. I told them about how you have to experience the lows to appreciate the highs, but both asked me what highs this club is gonna have in the future.

Now more than ever before this club needs a change of ownership - to listen to keown and freddie post match last night was heartbreaking as they talk about how the club needs to invest if it wants to be a top club, and that if the current owners dont see that as a priority then they should step away. All those words are well and good but WE KNOW that it isnt a priority for the kroenkes, but most of us also believe that they wont step away either - basically we are stuck in a no mans land and the kroenkes seem happy with that

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Clummo99 wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 8:18 am
rodders999 wrote:
Granada, Roma (who they scored 8 against) and Villareal.......fuck me that's a soft European trophy for united :roll:

Totally agree, regardless of what happened last night we had fuck all chance of wining the thing.

The only point I was trying to make was that those c.unts always seem to get a poxy route right through to lifting the trophy. When they won it under Maureen a few seasons back it was Anderlecht in the semi and Ajax in the final. This time it will be Roma in the semi and Villarreal in the final. That's fucking soft.

The 2 times we had a real genuine hope of winning it we came undone against a very good Atletico side in the semi in Wenger's last season and then under Emery we got caught by the chavs in the final. If we'd have gotten the manc c.unts kind of soft draw in either of those seasons we'd definitely have won it.

Just felling sorry for myself is all :(

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

augie wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 8:29 am
My only sadness from last night is looking at the reaction from my two sons - my eldest (18) was absolutely fcuking raging over the performance and exit, whilst my other lad (16) flitted from shock and embarassment, and both questioned their future loyalty to the club as it is. I told them about how you have to experience the lows to appreciate the highs, but both asked me what highs this club is gonna have in the future.
Broke my heart last night when I got a text from my buddy saying his two sons (5 and 7) had both gone to bed crying straight after the game. Just fucking grim all round.

It wasn't even a performance to be proud of, fucking stunk the place out :banghead:

SPARKSY

Post by SPARKSY »

Putting aside that we all agree that the first thing that needs to happen, is getting the Septics out of the club.
However, it may not be to everyone's liking but for me there was only one man to take charge of the shambles that is Arsenal, even before Arteta.
We needed and still need, an experienced manager who has been there and done it.
Please save us Rafa Benitez.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

HAS HE GONE YET???? :?

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

And the biggest problem Rodders is that whilst the kids are crying those of us that have been around a lot longer were resigned to it before kick off.
Quite where we go from here is anyones guess , we are like that container ship stuck in the Suez , can't go forward , can't go back , wedged in tight with minor tweaks on the side to get it out .
Lucky for the board we have had a virus which has protected them from the wrath of the supporters and we can be sure that silver and red members will be at the back of the queue when it comes to balloting tickets for Brighton and the inevitable reduced capacity games next season.
I am not sure that cutting the head from the snake is the answer , we tried that with removing Emery and it has spectacularly failed . The cuts need to be made further up the food chain.

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

rodders999 wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 8:38 am
Clummo99 wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

Totally agree, regardless of what happened last night we had fuck all chance of wining the thing.

The only point I was trying to make was that those c.unts always seem to get a poxy route right through to lifting the trophy. When they won it under Maureen a few seasons back it was Anderlecht in the semi and Ajax in the final. This time it will be Roma in the semi and Villarreal in the final. That's fucking soft.

The 2 times we had a real genuine hope of winning it we came undone against a very good Atletico side in the semi in Wenger's last season and then under Emery we got caught by the chavs in the final. If we'd have gotten the manc c.unts kind of soft draw in either of those seasons we'd definitely have won it.

Just felling sorry for myself is all :(
TBH if you're considered a top team then you'd be hard pushed to encounter a difficult run in that competition. Even the Champions League dropouts are invariably shite too.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

we are basically back to where we were in the mid 80s.
at that time we appointed a no nonsense approach guy in George Graham.
that is what is needed now - we are going to need fighters in that team now, which at present we just don't have.

Herd

Post by Herd »

We looked like a lame horse,they shoot horses don't they ?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 9:00 am
we are basically back to where we were in the mid 80s.
at that time we appointed a no nonsense approach guy in George Graham.
that is what is needed now - we are going to need fighters in that team now, which at present we just don't have.
The problem is these are different times mate. How many GG style managers exist any more? One, maybe two?

And could you imagine such a manager taking this generation of weak entitled privileged snowflakes to task? We'd have law suits, psychologists and social media meltdown before you could blink. :roll:

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

All may not be lost yet. :lol:

There's still an outside chance we could qualify for the prestigeous Europa Conference League! :barscarf: :roll:

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/footbal ... ier-League

Ernie71

Post by Ernie71 »

BFG4 wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 7:05 am
Most fans seem to think that last nights debacle means Arteta goes, but I don't see it. Kroenke is in a position in which he is mulling over whether to sell the club or not, no way he is going to be bothered to pay off Arteta and then have to search for a new manager. Either way, this summer will be one of the most horrendous windows in living memory, zero European football and an already absent owner unsure of his future ownership, meaning we will be shopping in the footballing equivalent of poundland. Bottom three here we come :(
A pay-off is nothing compared to the money Arteta has lost them. Two seasons no qualification to the CL = £70m a season, Aubameyang wages 3 year contract = £54m, Willian 3 year contract =£30m The signing of Partey £45m

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

rodders999 wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 8:38 am
Clummo99 wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

Just feeling myself is all :(
Yes, Rodders we know. :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

SPARKSY wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 8:54 am
Putting aside that we all agree that the first thing that needs to happen, is getting the Septics out of the club.
However, it may not be to everyone's liking but for me there was only one man to take charge of the shambles that is Arsenal, even before Arteta.
We needed and still need, an experienced manager who has been there and done it.
Please save us Rafa Benitez.
A few years sgo I would have laughed my ass off at that. But tbh he wouldn't be the worst option at this time.

I'd rather we try act like a big club again and break the bank for Allegri, Simeone, Ancelotti or Conte but our owners are cùnts and wouldn't want such aggressive strong willed managers.

Maybe Rafa would be the happy medium? He'd certainly be better than Martinez-Lite is.