Night Fever hair v The best Europa league manager of all time KO 8PM Thurs May 6th

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Post Reply
User avatar
SteveO 35
Posts: 18907
Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 7:01 pm
Location: Abou's fan club

Re: Night Fever hair v The best Europa league manager of all time KO 8PM Thurs May 6th

Post by SteveO 35 »

robbo10 wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 7:25 am
I know he won’t but Arteta has to start Matt Ryan,he looked ok yesterday and took crosses out of the air that dwarf butter wrists wouldnt have.
You know that, I know that, I suspect most on here know that mate..........but sadly not El Beige. Leno and Xhaka are already on the team sheet, where as rock, paper, scissors is happening between the rest of the squad to determine the 9 remaining starting places

Martinelli back on the bench for sure

User avatar
DB10GOONER
Posts: 50938
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:06 pm
Location: Dublin, Ireland.
Contact:

Re: Night Fever hair v The best Europa league manager of all time KO 8PM Thurs May 6th

Post by DB10GOONER »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 12:34 pm
corkbarry1 wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 8:40 am
Such negative comments. Were ye the same a few months ago when we had Man City and then Chelsea in the cup final.
Have faith ffs.
Yes, actually. We weren't all that good last year and no-one was expecting us to have two very good games; which have become, sad to say, out-of-the-blue performances rather than consistent ones.

The negativity and pessimism is based on the fact that we aren't all that good. We have players that aren't good enough, we have players that are good enough but not arsed, we have a manager who is clearly out of his depth and we are currently having our worst season in 20-odd years as a result of the above.

Couple that with the fact we are 2-1 down against a team who just has to score a goal to feel comfortable, while we are a team with horrific home form, we can't string many attacks together and we consistently habe a cock-up in a game to a point it's ritualistic.

It's not negativity for negativities sake, Barry, it's the result of being worn down by the persistent ineptitude by both players and coaching staff.
100% this ^^^

User avatar
Midz
Posts: 3033
Joined: Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:36 pm
Location: Gabba Gabba Hey!!

Re: Night Fever hair v The best Europa league manager of all time KO 8PM Thurs May 6th

Post by Midz »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 12:47 pm
Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 12:34 pm
corkbarry1 wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 8:40 am
it's the result of being worn down by the persistent ineptitude by both players and coaching staff.
100% this ^^^
Very well put.

User avatar
GoonerMuzz
Posts: 4904
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:53 pm
Location: Defending is optional

Re: Night Fever hair v The best Europa league manager of all time KO 8PM Thurs May 6th

Post by GoonerMuzz »

I see Emery has been waxing lyrical about Xhaka again, and I quote 'Xhaka is an extraordinary player and double extraordinary person', there's more 'He deserves being in a big club like Arsenal and deserves the respect of the people'....... and some on here are still convinced Emery wanted rid of Xhaka :roll:

Full article is on the Mirror website and other places, cant work out how to link on my tablet....plus I'm too lazy :wink:


On the match, I just cant build up any enthusiasm for this at all, lose and we're out, win and we're stuck with Captain Black forever :banghead:

User avatar
Clummo99
Posts: 857
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:09 pm

Re: Night Fever hair v The best Europa league manager of all time KO 8PM Thurs May 6th

Post by Clummo99 »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 4:59 pm
I see Emery has been waxing lyrical about Xhaka again, and I quote 'Xhaka is an extraordinary player and double extraordinary person', there's more 'He deserves being in a big club like Arsenal and deserves the respect of the people'....... and some on here are still convinced Emery wanted rid of Xhaka :roll:

Full article is on the Mirror website and other places, cant work out how to link on my tablet....plus I'm too lazy :wink:


On the match, I just cant build up any enthusiasm for this at all, lose and we're out, win and we're stuck with Captain Black forever :banghead:
Maybe we could offload the cùnt to Villarreal then. :lol:

User avatar
wibble
Posts: 969
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:04 pm

Re: Night Fever hair v The best Europa league manager of all time KO 8PM Thurs May 6th

Post by wibble »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 4:59 pm
I see Emery has been waxing lyrical about Xhaka again, and I quote 'Xhaka is an extraordinary player and double extraordinary person', there's more 'He deserves being in a big club like Arsenal and deserves the respect of the people'....... and some on here are still convinced Emery wanted rid of Xhaka :roll:

Full article is on the Mirror website and other places, cant work out how to link on my tablet....plus I'm too lazy :wink:


On the match, I just cant build up any enthusiasm for this at all, lose and we're out, win and we're stuck with Captain Black forever :banghead:
Just bigging him up to ensure arteta picks him for the second leg as Emery knows he’s shit :wink:

Sadly there’s no need to try any mind games for that as arteta picks him every game anyway

Almunia is a clown
Posts: 684
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:24 pm
Location: Gooner Valley N719 EIE

Re: Night Fever hair v The best Europa league manager of all time KO 8PM Thurs May 6th

Post by Almunia is a clown »

I know if we do win the EL under Captain Black it will mean he will get 2 seasons more to bollox up our performance & standing in the domestic league but I still want to win a European trophy so I'm hoping we can get through tomorrow. :shock:

It's amazing that we are still in the tie after the shite last week but a 1-0 win in the home leg is good enough, even winning on penalties is good enough but the stress might be too much for us older Gooners! :barscarf:

It's our 11th European Semi Final, Man Utd have been in 18, including a European Fairs Cup semi appearance. :shock:
We need to get to the final to win it & our record in finals is bad but Come on you Gunners! :barscarf:

Bring back the spirit of the 1970 European Fairs Cup, 12th in the league but we still did it against the odds. :barscarf: :barscarf: :box:

User avatar
Arsenal Till I Die
Posts: 3245
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 6:06 pm
Location: North London

Re: Night Fever hair v The best Europa league manager of all time KO 8PM Thurs May 6th

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

Given how many poor performances we've had this year, particularly at home, I'm sure we will lose.

How we perform in first 15 is vital. We CANNOT concede early on, otherwise we will fold.

User avatar
TeeCee
Posts: 6854
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:26 pm
Location: SW France

Re: Night Fever hair v The best Europa league manager of all time KO 8PM Thurs May 6th

Post by TeeCee »

I see the Evening Standard has a piece saying that if Chelsea win the CL and Arsenal win the Europa league, it will mean the team who finished 4th in the PL would only get Europa next season, (assuming the top 3 stays as it is now) I would piss myself laughing if we stopped West Ham, Spuds or the Bindippers from the CL. Come on Arsenal!! :barscarf:

User avatar
SteveO 35
Posts: 18907
Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 7:01 pm
Location: Abou's fan club

Re: Night Fever hair v The best Europa league manager of all time KO 8PM Thurs May 6th

Post by SteveO 35 »

wibble wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 8:03 pm
GoonerMuzz wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 4:59 pm
I see Emery has been waxing lyrical about Xhaka again, and I quote 'Xhaka is an extraordinary player and double extraordinary person', there's more 'He deserves being in a big club like Arsenal and deserves the respect of the people'....... and some on here are still convinced Emery wanted rid of Xhaka :roll:

Full article is on the Mirror website and other places, cant work out how to link on my tablet....plus I'm too lazy :wink:


On the match, I just cant build up any enthusiasm for this at all, lose and we're out, win and we're stuck with Captain Black forever :banghead:
Just bigging him up to ensure arteta picks him for the second leg as Emery knows he’s shit :wink:

Sadly there’s no need to try any mind games for that as arteta picks him every game anyway
Everyone is always respectful before a game aren't they. Its hardly like he's going to say to the press "no, the bloke was complete shit and I was just about to farm him out on loan before I got booted"

Every manager trips out this shite before facing a former player to save their own face - the usual bull about having a lot of respect for them, great attitude and person etc. If you listened to managers you'd truly believe there wasn't a single c.unt in world football as all of them have great dressing rooms, full of players with great attitude etc

As you say though, it would hardly matter if Dick compared him to Xavi or Iniesta, or called him out as being a c.unt. In El Beige's 80+ games this c.unt and butter wrists have featured more than any other players......and you can fully expect to see them both tonight. No doubt Mat Ryan will get the West Brom game, but Butter Wrists back for Chavski regardless of how he plays. Predictable as ever

MOTM Martinelli can expect to find his ass back on the bench again tonight - further evidence that it doesn't matter how you play under this prick

falkirk goon
Posts: 3306
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:33 am
Location: In a darkened room

Re: Night Fever hair v The best Europa league manager of all time KO 8PM Thurs May 6th

Post by falkirk goon »

TeeCee wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 5:43 am
I see the Evening Standard has a piece saying that if Chelsea win the CL and Arsenal win the Europa league, it will mean the team who finished 4th in the PL would only get Europa next season, (assuming the top 3 stays as it is now) I would piss myself laughing if we stopped West Ham, Spuds or the Bindippers from the CL. Come on Arsenal!! :barscarf:
I think that would only apply if Chavs finish outside top4 which is unlikely at the moment.I hope City dick the hole off the *word censored* in the final unlike Bayern in 2012..That stopped the bin lids getting into champs lge..FG wasn't a happy camper :( I would much rather have seen Bayern rip them a new farter even though the bins would've got into champs lge the next season cos I still feel the pain of those Chav ringpieces winning big ears even though it was 9yrs ago :( I hope to fuck they don't win it a 2nd time,I couldn't bear that.

User avatar
DB10GOONER
Posts: 50938
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:06 pm
Location: Dublin, Ireland.
Contact:

Re: Night Fever hair v The best Europa league manager of all time KO 8PM Thurs May 6th

Post by DB10GOONER »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 6:44 am

In El Beige's 80+ games this c.unt and butter wrists have featured more than any other players......and you can fully expect to see them both tonight. No doubt Mat Ryan will get the West Brom game, but Butter Wrists back for Chavski regardless of how he plays. Predictable as ever

MOTM Martinelli can expect to find his ass back on the bench again tonight - further evidence that it doesn't matter how you play under this prick
This ^^. Bang on the money and fucking demoralising as fuck because these are the facts. :x

Martinez-Lite will never admit he got it wrong and like Wenger will just push on ahead convinced he knows better than everybody else no matter what the actual facts say. :roll:

Didn't Clive recently set the PL record for most goals conceded due to individual errors or something similar? Martinez-Lite's response? Keep playing him every minute of every game. Fucking moron. :censored: :roll:

User avatar
SteveO 35
Posts: 18907
Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 7:01 pm
Location: Abou's fan club

Re: Night Fever hair v The best Europa league manager of all time KO 8PM Thurs May 6th

Post by SteveO 35 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 7:33 am
SteveO 35 wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 6:44 am

In El Beige's 80+ games this c.unt and butter wrists have featured more than any other players......and you can fully expect to see them both tonight. No doubt Mat Ryan will get the West Brom game, but Butter Wrists back for Chavski regardless of how he plays. Predictable as ever

MOTM Martinelli can expect to find his ass back on the bench again tonight - further evidence that it doesn't matter how you play under this prick
This ^^. Bang on the money and fucking demoralising as fuck because these are the facts. :x

Martinez-Lite will never admit he got it wrong and like Wenger will just push on ahead convinced he knows better than everybody else no matter what the actual facts say. :roll:

Didn't Clive recently set the PL record for most goals conceded due to individual errors or something similar? Martinez-Lite's response? Keep playing him every minute of every game. Fucking moron. :censored: :roll:
Most errors leading directly to a goal - a quite incredible achievement because the rest of the list contained only keepers and defenders. That's just how shit the guy is. After his Everton exploits (and others) I wouldn't be surprised to see Butter Wrists feature on the list too......yet they are El Beige's two virtual ever presents. Just about sums it up. We need to stay patient with Martinelli, but be completely fine about a couple of c.unts offering the oppo a goal head start every time they play.....

User avatar
DB10GOONER
Posts: 50938
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:06 pm
Location: Dublin, Ireland.
Contact:

Re: Night Fever hair v The best Europa league manager of all time KO 8PM Thurs May 6th

Post by DB10GOONER »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 8:10 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 7:33 am
SteveO 35 wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 6:44 am

In El Beige's 80+ games this c.unt and butter wrists have featured more than any other players......and you can fully expect to see them both tonight. No doubt Mat Ryan will get the West Brom game, but Butter Wrists back for Chavski regardless of how he plays. Predictable as ever

MOTM Martinelli can expect to find his ass back on the bench again tonight - further evidence that it doesn't matter how you play under this prick
This ^^. Bang on the money and fucking demoralising as fuck because these are the facts. :x

Martinez-Lite will never admit he got it wrong and like Wenger will just push on ahead convinced he knows better than everybody else no matter what the actual facts say. :roll:

Didn't Clive recently set the PL record for most goals conceded due to individual errors or something similar? Martinez-Lite's response? Keep playing him every minute of every game. Fucking moron. :censored: :roll:
Most errors leading directly to a goal - a quite incredible achievement because the rest of the list contained only keepers and defenders. That's just how shit the guy is. After his Everton exploits (and others) I wouldn't be surprised to see Butter Wrists feature on the list too......yet they are El Beige's two virtual ever presents. Just about sums it up. We need to stay patient with Martinelli, but be completely fine about a couple of c.unts offering the oppo a goal head start every time they play.....
Yup. I think the Martinelli situation is purely ego driven on Martinez-Lite's behalf. The fans are lauding the lad, calling out for him to play, the media are too, Keown has all but called him the new Bergkamp, and I'd imagine some of the coaches, maybe even a player or two are saying it to Martinez-Lite also.

But because it won't be seen as Martinez-Lite "discovering" Martinelli his ego won't let him play him. His ego sees it as lesser people telling him what to do.

Yep it sounds fucked I know. But I honestly would not be surprised if it is true. What other reason is there not to play a guy that improves us 100% every time he plays?

User avatar
Ray C
Posts: 807
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:51 am
Location: Northbank - Tas

Re: Night Fever hair v The best Europa league manager of all time KO 8PM Thurs May 6th

Post by Ray C »

Play Matty Ryan up front - at least he can head a ball. Then when it comes down to pens put him back in goal. He's a great pen stopper !. 2-1 then 4-3 to us on pens. Then we get fucked by Man U in the final. :barscarf: :barscarf:

Post Reply