Thomas Partey

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
northbank123

Thomas Partey

Post by northbank123 »

Have you ever seen a player go so rapidly downhill so soon after signing?

He looked like a quality player when we signed him. Like an adult playing against under 15s. Then he went off the boil and couldn’t get his form back after his injury. He was then consistently underwhelming. Now he is genuinely shocking every week. The ball gets in his vicinity and chances are he is giving it away, he is absolutely miles off the pace. Idiotic fouls.

This bloke was an integral part of a class Atletico team under a manager who demanded the highest standards of discipline and quality. Couldn’t look any different from that now.

It is really frightening when you have class players suddenly looking dreadful. Who in their right mind would give Arteta a load more cash.

BobbyPires7

Re: Thomas Partey

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Partey pooper?

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

northbank123 wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 10:09 pm
Have you ever seen a player go so rapidly downhill so soon after signing?

He looked like a quality player when we signed him. Like an adult playing against under 15s. Then he went off the boil and couldn’t get his form back after his injury. He was then consistently underwhelming. Now he is genuinely shocking every week. The ball gets in his vicinity and chances are he is giving it away, he is absolutely miles off the pace. Idiotic fouls.

This bloke was an integral part of a class Atletico team under a manager who demanded the highest standards of discipline and quality. Couldn’t look any different from that now.

It is really frightening when you have class players suddenly looking dreadful. Who in their right mind would give Arteta a load more cash.
Word for word mate

Can you imagine Simeone putting up with lazily dangling out a leg and giving away endless free kicks, and being free to dwell on the ball and concede chance after chance to the oppo

Says it all about the two managers to me. One would have bollocked him. The other kept him on for the whole game

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Passes the ball to an imaginary player who he thinks is sitting 17 rows up in the stands.

His shots land somewhere between Row Q and Row Y.

Constantly gets dispossessed 10 yards outside his own box leaving the opposition straight in on goal.

Is blowing out his arse 5 minutes into every game.

Can’t tackle, can’t run, weak as piss despite being much bigger than opposing players, can’t pass, can’t shoot.

FUCKING TURD :banghead:

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

This guy has come in and regressed to unprecedented levels in record time. The only way he will learn is to drop him and let him train with the U23s. If he thinks his level of performance is acceptable at any Club above Championship level then he needs to get on a flight back to Madrid, Arteta is letting him get away with it because the bloke is a soft touch and no one has any respect for him. Would Ancellotti put up with this? Did Simeone? Captain Scarlet is making Wenger look like a hard taskmaster. Arsenal is a joke now to pro’s. Big wages for never working up a sweat. Scandalous.

Midz

Post by Midz »

is a c.unt!

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

Midz wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 7:45 pm
is a c.unt!
:lol: :lol:

I toyed with the same idea earlier today. 8)

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Partey makes Alex Song look like Vieira.

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

Partey is just a tall Frimpong.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 8:48 pm
Partey is just a tall Frimpong.
Dench. :lol:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

I've seen absolutely fucking nothing to suggest this geezer is a decent player. Another complete and utter waste of money who offers fuck all to the team. Misplaced passes, horrifically bad shooting, completely anonymous every game. He's everything we needed to get away from.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Sadly now that we know the Spanish David Brent is staying for next season, this useless lump of shit will be another of his "must be proved right" selections. Expect to see him feature alongside Xhaka virtually every match next season

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I never thought I'd live to see a worse midfield two than Alex Mong and Legohead Denilson. But fuck me blind the Clive / Partey combo makes the first two look like Petit / Vieira. :shock:

treygoony

Post by treygoony »

Thought we had a fantastic player on our hands after we signed him. Then he had that incredible game at OT. What in gods name has happened?????

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Lads it's clearly arteta fucking him up. He was superb in his first few matches before injury gave arteta the chance to ruin him