Chav cockholes A Weds 12th May KO 815pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Redarmy

Re: Chav cockholes A Weds 12th May KO 815pm

Post by Redarmy »

Clummo99 wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 8:54 am
Gunner Rob wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 8:43 am
the playing mantis wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 10:43 pm
typical isnt it, win when its meaningless, and its wenger all over again. wins in dead rubber relieve all the pressure and the morons lap it up. worst possible result for the future of this club, as the media and halfwit fan base think we turn a corner and pressure on peps cone boy is diluted. just as happened with wneger year on year, pressure builds gets some flukey results in dead rubbers and all is right again...ffs

also it gives scum a glimmer of hope of CL football again.

ffs terrible result for this club and its future
although the reality is that we have been the 3rd best performing team in the PL this year - you saying all those games have been dead rubbers ?
I think that speaks more for this crazy, topsy-turvy season than anything Rob. It's plain for all to see that we aren't "performing" like a third best team.
Not sure who it was but someone posted before the game something like....."would be typical we win when its meaningless".....had a wry smile at that comment

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

Redarmy wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 9:06 am
Clummo99 wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:
typical isnt it, win when its meaningless, and its wenger all over again. wins in dead rubber relieve all the pressure and the morons lap it up. worst possible result for the future of this club, as the media and halfwit fan base think we turn a corner and pressure on peps cone boy is diluted. just as happened with wneger year on year, pressure builds gets some flukey results in dead rubbers and all is right again...ffs

although the reality is that we have been the 3rd best performing team in the PL this year - you saying all those games have been dead rubbers ?
I think that speaks more for this crazy, topsy-turvy season than anything Rob. It's plain for all to see that we aren't "performing" like a third best team.
Not sure who it was but someone posted before the game something like....."would be typical we win when its meaningless".....had a wry smile at that comment
Let's be honest though mate, we stole those 3 points last night. We weren't in the game at all. If it wasn't for an individual howler from Jorginho the very best we'd have got was a 0-0.

Ernie71

Post by Ernie71 »

If there was trophy for winning meaningless games we would be world champions. This shower of shite couldnt be bothered last thursday when it really mattered.

Ernie71

Post by Ernie71 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 9:34 pm
Fao of DB

Thomas Partey for Arsenal vs. Chelsea:

✅ Most ball recoveries (9)
✅ Most duels won (8)
✅ Most tackles (5)
✅ Most interceptions (3)
✅ Most fouls won (2)

Superb 👏 [@Squawka] https://t.co/j6ja5su46S

:lol:
Where was he against Villarreal? Should he be turning up when the result matters. Be honest he has been awful since we signed him

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Clummo99 wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 9:38 am
Redarmy wrote:
Clummo99 wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:

Let's be honest though mate, we stole those 3 points last night. We weren't in the game at all. If it wasn't for an individual howler from Jorginho the very best we'd have got was a 0-0.
yeah dont doubt it mate, did not watch it......disillusioned by a club i once loved

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Clummo99 wrote:
Redarmy wrote:
Clummo99 wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:

maybe it is about time we got some luck - i seem to remember Wolves stole 3 points off us earlier this year.
big difference for me last night was the absence of Xhaka - If Elneny had played more this season instead of him we would be in the top 4 and a Europa League final.

wilson2.0

Post by wilson2.0 »

Cant believe Chelsea are CL finalists.

I cant help but feel the quality of teams has gotten lower. Barcelona, Bayern and Real Madrid have been the great teams of the past decade and are not at the level they used to be, all the while no one else has reached that level. We have seen a lowering of the bar in European club football and either Man City or Chelsea will clear it.

There is real opportunity in the CL at the moment for anyone to make a play. The weakest competition since 2004 when we fucked it up by not winning it, losing to Chelsea who were our whipping boys in late 1990's to 2004.

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 10:37 am
Clummo99 wrote:
Redarmy wrote:
Clummo99 wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:

maybe it is about time we got some luck - i seem to remember Wolves stole 3 points off us earlier this year.
big difference for me last night was the absence of Xhaka - If Elneny had played more this season instead of him we would be in the top 4 and a Europa League final.
From the average dross that's available I'd have Elneny in there every time tbh. No he's not top quality but neither are the other options. What he does give is non stop energy, he's a one man closing down machine. He also doesn't try to be too clever and seems to know his limitations.

I'd certainly have him playing rather than the Swiss Turd.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Glad to see people coming round on Elneny and appreciating him for what he gives. There are quite a few in front of him for the exit door in my mind.

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

A11M11 wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 12:58 pm
Glad to see people coming round on Elneny and appreciating him for what he gives. There are quite a few in front of him for the exit door in my mind.
When a player does a job and no one mentions him,that’s when he’s playing well,he wasn’t even listed on arsenals Instagram MOTM voting,he’s like Gilberto,just going round doing his job,I read he’s on the list of players waiting to go in the preseason,that’d be a travesty if we kept other players over him

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

A11M11 wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 12:58 pm
I've always stood up for him. Unfairly maligned on here by people that can't or refuse to see what he offers. Yes in days gone by he wouldn't be in the team but in my honest opinion he is the best of our current central midfielders.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

TeeCee wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 9:24 pm
This negative shit, always passing back is all on Arteta. Couldn’t believe it in the second half when he kept screaming at Gabriel to go back wards when we had a free kick up by the halfway line. Shocking football.
Absolutely, that, combined with our lack of being able to play out from the back, added to having no central midfielder worthy of the name, restricts our play to either flank - which is fairly easy to negate if you are organised,
By the time we slowly work it backwards and across to the other side, that too has been closed off with numbers of opponents.

Having a striker up top who can win challenges and hold the ball up, to lay off, would be good

StuartL

Post by StuartL »

Clummo99 wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 10:24 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Fao of DB

✅ Most duels won (8)
✅ Most tackles (5)
✅ Most interceptions (3)
✅ Most fouls won (2)

Apart from that embarrassing dive he played reasonably well tonight. :shock: :lol:

Pablo Mari had a solid if unspectacular game. He's probably our most dependable centre half.
Apart from his David Luiz impression :shock:

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

StuartL wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 6:50 pm
Clummo99 wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:
Fao of DB

✅ Most duels won (8)
✅ Most tackles (5)
✅ Most interceptions (3)
✅ Most fouls won (2)

Apart from that embarrassing dive he played reasonably well tonight. :shock: :lol:

Pablo Mari had a solid if unspectacular game. He's probably our most dependable centre half.
That was more to do with an under hit pass from Gabriel imo Stu.

StuartL

Post by StuartL »

Clummo99 wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 7:22 pm
StuartL wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 6:50 pm
Clummo99 wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:
Fao of DB

✅ Most duels won (8)
✅ Most tackles (5)
✅ Most interceptions (3)
✅ Most fouls won (2)

That was more to do with an under hit pass from Gabriel imo Stu.
I don’t have a clue what he was attempting to do with the ball though, if he moved forwards he could have just cleared it forwards, anywhere, he looked like he was moving backwards !