Loanees

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Nos89

Loanees

Post by Nos89 »

I've lost track of where the discussion thread is of our current batch of loanees. Who would you sell or keep.
Given their performance for their loan clubs, I'd say we bring back and keep hold of Willock, Guendouzi and Saliba. Willock has found his goalscoring boots, which was missing from his game in an Arsenal shirt. I'd be rather keep him then bring back Ramsey from Juventus.
The remaining four including AMN, and Torreira I'd sell.
Of the three players we have on no loan the only one I'd keep is the keeper Mat Ryan.

g88ner

Re: Loanees

Post by g88ner »

Nos89, you say keep Guendouzi but he’s got 1 year remaining on his contract so that’s basically saying we'll let yet another player leave on a free because I can’t really see him signing an extension which is a shame :( - if he doesn’t extended, I’d reluctantly sell.

Torreira wants out. He looked homesick last season even before his mother died. Sell.

Saliba - keep and give him a chance!

Kolasinac. Get rid however his contract is too good so we’ll be paying a chunk of his wages next season regardless of whether we loan him out or pay up his contract.

Maitland-Niles. Sell.

Willock.... probably sell as his stock may never be higher. However, if Arteta/Edu rate him highly, I’d be open to another season at Arsenal.

Mavraponos - Enough loan moves ffs. Play him or sell him!

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

Keep Saliba , sell the rest

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Nos89 wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 1:28 am
I've lost track of where the discussion thread is of our current batch of loanees. Who would you sell or keep.
Given their performance for their loan clubs, I'd say we bring back and keep hold of Willock, Guendouzi and Saliba. Willock has found his goalscoring boots, which was missing from his game in an Arsenal shirt. I'd be rather keep him then bring back Ramsey from Juventus.
The remaining four including AMN, and Torreira I'd sell.
Of the three players we have on no loan the only one I'd keep is the keeper Mat Ryan.
Where would you play Willock ?

He always seems very lightweight to me, but likes to take people on, , which is a plus, compared to most of our midfield, but for me he is well behind Emile Smith Rowe, can’t see him as a winger, nor a central midfield player so, for me, is a squad player - that you can’t turn £15m down for.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Nos89 wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 1:28 am
I've lost track of where the discussion thread is of our current batch of loanees.
It was merged into the transfers thread... like this one will be if it turns into a general discussion on Arsenal players and transfers.... :wink:

augie

Post by augie »

g88ner wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 2:39 am
Nos89, you say keep Guendouzi but he’s got 1 year remaining on his contract so that’s basically saying we'll let yet another player leave on a free because I can’t really see him signing an extension which is a shame :( - if he doesn’t extended, I’d reluctantly sell.

Torreira wants out. He looked homesick last season even before his mother died. Sell.

Saliba - keep and give him a chance!

Kolasinac. Get rid however his contract is too good so we’ll be paying a chunk of his wages next season regardless of whether we loan him out or pay up his contract.

Maitland-Niles. Sell.

Willock.... probably sell as his stock may never be higher. However, if Arteta/Edu rate him highly, I’d be open to another season at Arsenal.

Mavraponos - Enough loan moves ffs. Play him or sell him!

In my opinion anything can be written into a contract if both parties agree, so I would offer guendouzi a new contract extension with the following conditions -

1. If a current valuation of the player is agreed (lets say £20m), then the club and the player agree that the club will sell him for a set £15m fee if he doesnt prove himself enough in the next 12 months (set appearances etc)

2. The player gets a pay rise immediately of say £20k per week, and this will then rise significantly in 12 months time if the club decides that they want to keep him

These conditions would give the club some security in the fight against losing another player on a free, whilst also giving the player financial incentives to stay longer.

Personally I think that it is a moot point anyway - pep's water boy has proven himself to be vindictive and I dont think that he will want to keep any of the players he fcuked out on loan. In this mornings online articles he talks about saliba saying something along the lines of "he will be returning to us and of course he is our player and then we will make a decision" - hardly endorsing and certainly not meriting the headline which suggests that arteta see's saliba as luiz's replacement :roll:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

augie wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 9:42 am

Personally I think that it is a moot point anyway - pep's water boy has proven himself to be vindictive and I dont think that he will want to keep any of the players he fcuked out on loan. In this mornings online articles he talks about saliba saying something along the lines of "he will be returning to us and of course he is our player and then we will make a decision" - hardly endorsing and certainly not meriting the headline which suggests that arteta see's saliba as luiz's replacement :roll:
I agree with you augie, I don’t think there’s any chance of Guendouzi staying. There’s clearly a personality conflict there and Arteta won’t budge. I think that’s a real weakness of his... stubborn as fuck and trying way too hard to be a disciplinarian.

We’ll get peanuts for Guendouzi now when a smarter, more reasonable manager would have found a better way to deal with Guendouzi without burning all bridges and ruining his transfer value in the process. :roll:

augie

Post by augie »

g88ner wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 10:19 am
augie wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 9:42 am

I agree with you augie, I don’t think there’s any chance of Guendouzi staying. There’s clearly a personality conflict there and Arteta won’t budge. I think that’s a real weakness of his... stubborn as fuck and trying way too hard to be a disciplinarian.

We’ll get peanuts for Guendouzi now when a smarter, more reasonable manager would have found a better way to deal with Guendouzi without burning all bridges and ruining his transfer value in the process. :roll:

Arteta's treatment of some players (coincidently all younger players :rubchin: ) is deeply frustrating, but the attitude of some of the fans drives me nuts - do they have any idea of the club pre-premier league ? When I look back and see some of the carry on of some of our players back then, it makes guendouzi seem like a choirboy :roll: Big deal that he grabbed that maupey c.unt by the throat - back in the day paul davis (rightly) broke cockrill's jaw and there was never a fear of him being purged from the club. Ah but his attitude apart from matches was unacceptable I hear you say, but then I point out the indiscretions players like TA6, merson, quinn and romford pele got up to when they were young and stupid. We had all out on pitch battles with norwich and manure when our players stood up for their own, and we had incidents like when PV4 spat at an opposition player (and it dont get much lower than that in my book) - would pep's cone boy have ostracised all of those players too ?

Being a good man manager is fundamental in being a good football manager at any level - sadly this is yet another glaring weakness in pep's cone boy

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Augie, I dislike his attitude but I also don't think he is a particularly good player either. He had a couple of decent games but also ran about like a headless chicken too. Added to this he has hardly set the world alight on loan.

Arteta isn't going anywhere so Guendozi's potentially bad attitude as a player and their supposed falling out because of it means he really should have no place here however Arteta is a contrary fucker so it wouldn't surprise me if he kept him and reloaned him just to prove he is the boss :rubchin:

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Guendouzi offered Arteta out. He has no future at Arsenal.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 8:06 pm
Imagine that fucking fight. 99% barnet and sideways passing before Willian is brought on for the last few seconds.

John F

Post by John F »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 9:12 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Imagine that fucking fight. 99% barnet and sideways passing before Willian is brought on for the last few seconds.
Clive would come out swinging 5 minutes after the fight had finished.
Ballard has been getting good reviews at Blackpool this season.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

I think its impossible to make the decisions on the loanees in isolation from knowing what's going on with permanent transfers

The only one that isn't worthy of a second's debate is Kolasinac, who has proved over and over again what an absolutely useless lump of shit he is.......honestly, I'll lose the will to live if that sorry c.unt ever puts the shirt on again

I'd also say Torreira has to go if g88ner's point is correct about him missing home - no manager or amount of game time can overcome that sort of issue, so he'll have to go

For me, none of the other five have been consistently shite enough that I would close the door on any of them and in many ways I feel some of them were harshly treated compared to some of the crap that we've been stuck with here.

Guendouzi needs straightening out and if he can't grow up then he needs to go too, but if his attitude can move on and he can stop behaving like some sort of Pennant/Bendtneresque arsehole, he's worth sticking with.

Mavropanos we've only ever seen a handful of times and apart from getting sent off he looked ok. Luiz is going, Sokratis has gone so we would now be with Holding, Mari, Saliba, Mavropanos. Gabriel and possibly Chambers who can cover a number of positions. Six is too many so for me Mavropanos would be the natural fall guy and it seems like we could cash in on how well he has done in Germany

AMN and Willock? Really really depends on transfer activity. If we signed an Aouar type then for me Willock has to be moved on and do it now whilst his performances at Newcastle have upped his value. AMN - I just can't figure the bloke out as he goes from the sublime to the ridiculous at times. Again, if we sign a proper RB plus have Cedric and Chambers to play there, I think he needs to go as I don't see the consistent quality needed to be a CM

The problem area for us is midfield - Xhaka, Elneny, Partey. Thankfully the slippers wearing Getafe fairy c.unt is heading home and those three listed just aren't up to the job. If its them three again plus another shite loan deal we'll never move above mid table

Midz

Post by Midz »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 11:30 am

The problem area for us is midfield - Xhaka, Elneny, Partey. Thankfully the slippers wearing Getafe fairy c.unt is heading home and those three listed just aren't up to the job. If its them three again plus another shite loan deal we'll never move above mid table
Let's be honest, you've never really been that fond of him have you. :D :D

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

John F wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 7:14 am
Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 9:12 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Clive would come out swinging 5 minutes after the fight had finished.
:lol: :lol:

And then stand there pointing alot. :censored: