Brighton Bawbags H / 25 years in Europe - Merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: Brighton Bawbags H / 25 years in Europe - Merged thread

Post by DB10GOONER »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 2:44 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 2:36 pm
GoonerMuzz wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 12:51 pm
As an aside why does c u n t get censored but fuck doesnt :?
***** also gets censored which is an absolute travesty.....so you need to put it as w.ank 8)
That one I'm not sure about. Mike the owner never mentioned an issue with that word. It also works as wànk. :wink:
Or as "augie". :lol: :wink:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

rodders999 wrote:
GoonerMuzz wrote:
***** also gets censored which is an absolute travesty.....so you need to put it as w.ank 8)
What about titwank ? :shock:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

StuartL wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 7:08 pm
rodders999 wrote:
GoonerMuzz wrote:
What about titwank ? :shock:
PM'd 8)

:wink:

Nos89

Re: 25 years of European football

Post by Nos89 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 5:18 pm
Nos89 wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 8:38 am
Much has been made of the fact that next season we won't be participating in any European competition for the first time in 25 seasons.
Whilst that is an impressive record that will be difficult for any team to match, it was 25years of utter failure and underachievement. 3 European finals and 3 semi final losses is a terrible return.
I'm not going to miss European football at all next season.
I just don't understand this at all. If the only way to enjoy a competition is by winning it then why bother entering anything other than the FA Cup. We last won the league 17 years ago, the League Cup 28 years ago, and any European competition 27 years ago......so whats the difference?

I hated the final years of the Champions league as were a pointless entrant and it served to deepen Kroenke's pockets whilst handing us an annual humiliation at the hands of Bayern or Barca

However, we found our level in the Europa and apart from El Beige somehow managing to balls it up against Europe's worst travellers in last season's round of 32, we avoided thrashings (Chavski 4-1 apart) and reached semi finals and the final. In those recent league seasons we were out of it (6th, 5th, 8th, 8th) so quite what you'll be looking forward to without European football is beyond me. For me it complete interrupts the tedium of 38 matches scrabbling around with West Ham, Everton and Leeds - our new normal

If you're one of those who thinks we are better off without European then there is absolutely no basis for that argument. People thought a year out of the CL would also have a similar impact and look where we are now - as far from it as we've ever been

We will be living our lives like Everton of the past two decades - probably too good to go down, but could be perilous if 3 or 4 more teams get ambitious owners, but nowhere near the top end.......a lifetime of finishing between 8th and 15th most likely.

Be careful what you wish for because I can't see European football any time soon so hope you enjoyed some of that last 25 years of failure !
Exactly, my point reframed.