Brighton Bawbags H / 25 years in Europe - Merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
mcdowell42

Re: Brighton Bawbags H Sun 23rd May KO 4PM

Post by mcdowell42 »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 5:20 pm
Is this momentous game being televised anywhere?
Sky showing 7 games on Sunday including this 1,probably have to use the red button

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 1:32 pm
We already have more than enough to hinder us next season ATID :wink:
:lol: It'll be our year next year :barscarf: :lol:
John F wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 2:18 pm
Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 12:26 pm
I don't think we will win this.

Which is fine with me because I don't want to play in the Johnsons European Paint Trophy next season. I don't care if it's "European football," it's honestly cringe worthy. They even made it SOUND shit. Let's face facts, as well; it's going to be extra embarrassing if we go in it and don't win it (which, will more likely be the case than not).

Playing on pitches with less grass than hookers minge and having to bring your own goal, just doesn't do it for me.

That being said, it would be our luck that we qualify for something that will only hinder us next year. :roll:
I bet the Spuds and the bin dippers lite are thinking the same.It could be comedy gold with bizarre own goals and sending offs as it dawns on each side that they are in pole position to qualify for the Eurovision 3rd tier cup..Arteta is keeping Clive and Luiz on the bench just in case they are needed if we are in 7th place with ten minutes to go..
Didn't Wiggy want a competition that only included our equals in club stature in ,well he might get it this weekend. :D
My Spurs fan dad is hoping and PRAYING that we get it because it's a joke of a competition. Wouldn't surprise me if the hot potato will be passes around frequently on Sunday.

Knowing our lot though, it would be something Arteta would want, and claim as a success, should we get it. Imagine the hugging and high-fiving each other in celebration of qualifying for it. :oops:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Brighton play really good possession football, they outplayed Man $hitty - Admittedly Man $hitty had 10 men BUT they overturned a 2 Nil deficit to win 3 - 2.

Graham Potter their manager is a better manager than captain black - so don't be surprised if they do turn us over.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graham_Potter

Ernie71

Post by Ernie71 »

Can we swap Partey for Bissouma?? Although i think City or Liverpool will get him

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

In some ways it might not be a bad thing getting into the Europa Conference, it might bring some of our arrogant players and our manager down a peg or two having to play in the arse end of nowhere, it might also, if Arteta can manage some humility, give some of our other youngsters a chance to play because he sure as shit isn't playing them in the league any time soon. Then again it is Arteta.... :banghead:

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 5:30 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 5:20 pm
Is this momentous game being televised anywhere?
Sky showing 7 games on Sunday including this 1,probably have to use the red button
Sky Sports Arena

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 9:48 pm
In some ways it might not be a bad thing getting into the Europa Conference, it might bring some of our arrogant players and our manager down a peg or two having to play in the arse end of nowhere, it might also, if Arteta can manage some humility, give some of our other youngsters a chance to play because he sure as shit isn't playing them in the league any time soon. Then again it is Arteta.... :banghead:
Upsides are keeping up the UEFA Coefficient, using it to keep squad players involved and playing some kids. Best to only have players travelling who aren’t playing in the league.

Block93

Post by Block93 »

Top brass must be sweating buckets over Europe qualification as then they can just about guarantee we'll have the seven home cup-ties which are included in the price of the Gold membership renewal. If we don't, they might have the gall to include Carabao cup games.

Interestingly, they're giving Gold members the option of missing the 21/22 season, but still being able to buy their seat for 22/23.

Really odd decision, but I bet it's very tempting for a lot of people given how crap this season has been. They might live to regret that one.

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

Block93 wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 1:36 pm
Top brass must be sweating buckets over Europe qualification as then they can just about guarantee we'll have the seven home cup-ties which are included in the price of the Gold membership renewal. If we don't, they might have the gall to include Carabao cup games.

Interestingly, they're giving Gold members the option of missing the 21/22 season, but still being able to buy their seat for 22/23.

Really odd decision, but I bet it's very tempting for a lot of people given how crap this season has been. They might live to regret that one.
If only silver members had that option. Cheeky blighters took £59 out of my account at start of season and sent me a box of tat. Got nowt else. Can’t see how they could charge more than £5 for Conference qualifying and group games.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Good chance Villarreal will finish 7th in La Liga and also end up in the conference league.

Just sayin......

#BathParty2

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

rodders999 wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 11:02 am
Good chance Villarreal will finish 7th in La Liga and also end up in the conference league.

Just sayin......

#BathParty2
Not only that big boy but I've just read your earlier post about the 3rd place teams in the EL Groups dropping in........its written in the stars that Olympiacos are going to do just that !

There was I cancelling my order of bath bombs and we set ourselves up for 7th place and a big reunion with the Greek Rochdale...........I hope you haven't put those Barry White CDs back up in the loft just yet mate

I want to see the players taking selfies tomorrow and doing a lap of honour to celebrate qualifying for the modern day Intertoto Cup

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

rodders999 wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 11:02 am

Just sayin......

#BathParty2
https://www.espn.co.uk/football/blog-ue ... ed-to-know

Plenty of decent sides look likely to qualify.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Don't give a flying duck about the game, just hope there are protests and it gets called off, that would be funny actually as they love all the teams finishing at once on the final day, would be hilarious to get a game postponed, it would get a lot of media coverage for sure..

:twisted: :twisted:

Can't see it happening though.

:roll:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Union Berlin snatch 7th in the Bundesliga on the last day :barscarf:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Villarreal finish 7th :barscarf: :barscarf: