Brighton Bawbags H / 25 years in Europe - Merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Kingralph

Re: Brighton Bawbags H Sun 23rd May KO 4PM

Post by Kingralph »

Thank fuck that seasons done. See you c unts in August when we can do it all again. :barscarf:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Rogers really knows how to blow a top 4 finish

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Before we go VAR crazy again, the c.unts that are ruining the system should have to come out and explain what constitutes handball and what doesn't and show us replays of all these decisions with explanations as to why

Kane didn't mean to handball it, but I thought intention wasn't even involved in the decision these days? The simple fact is that it bounced up under his hand and it cushioned the ball into his path leading to the goal

It isn't the technology that's the problem - its the fucknuggets applying it that need stringing up

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Thank fuck we don't have to play in that joke of a euro competition. I'll gladly finish 1 place below the spuds to avoid that. Yes it would have been nice to finish above them but not at that price. Hopefully they'll play the kids in the qualifying round and get done by Gaza FC.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Right, what a fucking waste of time that season was.

Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Is there going to be a Lap of Shame (or whatever)?

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 5:00 pm
Before we go VAR crazy again, the c.unts that are ruining the system should have to come out and explain what constitutes handball and what doesn't and show us replays of all these decisions with explanations as to why

Kane didn't mean to handball it, but I thought intention wasn't even involved in the decision these days? The simple fact is that it bounced up under his hand and it cushioned the ball into his path leading to the goal

It isn't the technology that's the problem - its the fucknuggets applying it that need stringing up
Yep, intentional or not, if the player gains an advantage from it then it should be called.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Ah well, no Europa conference league then. It’s a shame as I thought that was a European trophy we could have realistically won... and we could definitely do with more European trophies! Instead, I guess Sp*rs will probably start as favourites.

The bright side is it’s now a proper case of back to basics: more Saturday games, 17 less games and no seemingly endless fixtures against European minnows and we can focus on domestic games and have longer on the training ground for a season.

Good riddance to a shocker of a season.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

I remember Fulham scoring against the scum earlier in the season and the goal being ruled out for an innocuous handball 5 minutes earlier in the move :roll:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Honestly don't know how I'm going to get through next season without any European football.

When we're out of the league by October, it has been just about the only thing that keeps me interested. Now what? A league cup that he'll throw away again no doubt, and then just the FA Cup to look forward to in January.

Absolutely depressing as fuck.

Hope the super coach still thinks playing that shit team at Southampton in the FA Cup in the name of finishing 8th was all worth it

Hate the owner, hate the manager, hate at least half the players

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

I couldn't give a toss if we finish above them or they finish above us. It's the trophies that matter, and even during our worst we've won more than them. :barscarf:

John F

Post by John F »

TeeCee wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 5:01 pm
Thank fuck we don't have to play in that joke of a euro competition. I'll gladly finish 1 place below the spuds to avoid that. Yes it would have been nice to finish above them but not at that price. Hopefully they'll play the kids in the qualifying round and get done by Gaza FC.
Isn't there a team with just Goats in it.

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 5:07 pm
Honestly don't know how I'm going to get through next season without any European football.

When we're out of the league by October, it has been just about the only thing that keeps me interested. Now what? A league cup that he'll throw away again no doubt, and then just the FA Cup to look forward to in January.

Hope the super coach still thinks playing that shit team at Southampton in the FA Cup in the name of finishing 8th was all worth it

I understand that, mate; however, I'm relieved that we're not going to go through another shite group stage with teams I've never heard of, just to struggle over two legs for a few rounds against teams we should beat before losing to the one team on our level or just under.

We should have won the Europa by now but we haven't, we wouldn't have won this.

Ideally, we use this season as a rebuild and hopefully get top 4 next season (we won't but I'm hopeful).

Block93

Post by Block93 »

The Europa League with just 32 teams (from 48 this season) looks a half-decent competition as presume it directly mirrors the CL structure.

Europa Conference League will include a collection of rag-tag teams from places no one has heard of, along with a few better-known sides who have seriously fallen from grace.

Would have been better to have been in the ECL as at least it's a few more games against different opposition, and a chance to play some of the youngsters, but hey-ho.

The bean counters must be having panic attacks over the season ticket prices for 21/22 - where are the 7 cup-ties going to come from? Not the FA Cup, as we will probably just chuck that away again, like this season.

Can't see Haaland joining now. Maybe his dad though.

augie

Post by augie »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 5:07 pm

When we're out of the league by October, it has been just about the only thing that keeps me interested
. Now what? A league cup that he'll throw away again no doubt, and then just the FA Cup to look forward to in January.

The flip side of that Steve, is that pep's cone boy wont have a run of victories (in a piss poor competition) to fall back on when the pressure of another shite league campaign comes on - if we were "enjoying" positive results in that shite competition, they would be used as a defence of him and a reason not to make a change