Euros / Ingerland Hype

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
IW8Goalmachine

Re: Euros / Ingerland Hype

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Clummo99 wrote:
Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:08 pm
On a happier note,

Yaya Sanogo still has more winner's medals than Harry Kane.

Every cloud.........

:barscarf: :lol:
:lol:

I cant believe Borat sent a 19 year old kid to take the fifth pen knowing what sort of shit he'll receive if he misses

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Isn't it about now that 95% of English football supporters claim that everything would have been better if they'd picked Matthew Le Tissier in the squad just because he's good at penalties or whatever? Then, those in the know tell you that the plan was to bring on Dave Beasant just before the shoot-out cos he's good at saving them.

wilson2.0

Post by wilson2.0 »

I still cannot believe Raheem Sterling ducked taking a penalty and actually stood on the sides while two teenage kids stepped forward.

I reckon Mancini had no problems finding Italians to take a penalty, he would have got that many options he could have chosen his kick takers.

Poor Gareth, the eyes went to feet when he asked to wants to take a penalty.

Italy were football men.
England were Instagram footballers.

Thats why England faltered in the WC too.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Gutted for Saka. Southgate is a prick for having him as 5th penalty taker. Bottlejobs Sterling and Grealish can piss off too! :roll:

As for poor Rashford and Sancho… I’ve played sport myself (to an incredibly shit standard :D ) and the thought of coming on cold in the 120th minute to take a cup final penalty having not touched the ball or been allowed to grow into the feel of the game, is ridiculous. Again, southgate is a prick.

augie

Post by augie »

When all the euphoria and disappointment of these euro's dies down, the following should be clear -

1. Southgate fcuked england over - I'm not talking about bringing in 2 penalty takers in the 120th minute cos he isnt the first manager to do it and wont be the last either. For me you have to play a cup final to win it, and yet again southgate played not to lose - they had italy all over the place with that blistering start and the italian players were panicking big time, but then southgate reverted to type and they sat back trying to hold what they had and they handed the initative to the italians.

2. Fat tongue showed yet again the way to mark him, and showed yet again that he is not worth anywhere near £150m. Sokratis wasnt long with us, but in every game he played against the crayon muncher he had him in his pocket because he got physical with him and it terrified kane. Big games need big players to stand up, and kane was anonymous.

3. Gotta feel for saka - no doubt that he was let down by the older more experienced players, and judging by the post game reactions last night, the other 2 players are gonna get a pass cos they were brought on late, so the focus will be on saka :cry: :cry:

4. I love italian defenders and none more so than their two centre backs - chiellini's drag back on saka will have been frustrating as hell for any english fan, but any old school Gooner will appreciate the absolute ruthlessness of it and bemoan the fact that we dont have the type of mentality in our defenders anymore. Chiellini knew he was gonna get booked but not sent off so he didnt just pull his shirt, he reefed him down 8)

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

wilson2.0 wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:55 am
I still cannot believe Raheem Sterling ducked taking a penalty and actually stood on the sides while two teenage kids stepped forward.

I reckon Mancini had no problems finding Italians to take a penalty, he would have got that many options he could have chosen his kick takers.

Poor Gareth, the eyes went to feet when he asked to wants to take a penalty.

Italy were football men.
England were Instagram footballers.

Thats why England faltered in the WC too.
Whilst I agree that the likes of Scuba and the Girlfriend Basher are cowardly shit for not putting their name forward to take one, the idiot that must take full responsibility is Borat.

They don't decide on the night who is taking them. That's a myth. They decide it in training. Volunteers put their name forward and then the manager decides what order they go in.

Borat the complete fuckwit decided that a brave talented 19 year would go 5th, which can often be the key high pressure penno, even though he knew that kid had never taken one in a game. He had a day or two to mull it over too. Borat is what most of us knew he was, a shit manager.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Saka has been horrifically racially abused online. No surprise there I suppose. :roll:

I just hope the authorities actually do something about these neanderthal cùnt keyboard warriors. Give a couple of these racist sub-human vermin 5 years in prison and watch this shit dry up in the blink of an eye.

Was nice to see though one Gooner posted "we still love you". 8)

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 6:54 am
Saka has been horrifically racially abused online. No surprise there I suppose. :roll:

I just hope the authorities actually do something about these neanderthal cùnt keyboard warriors. Give a couple of these racist sub-human vermin 5 years in prison and watch this shit dry up in the blink of an eye.

Oh - hang on, nope it's okay, the FA have "condemned" it.

That's that sorted then. :roll:

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:

I still believe MOST of that is attention seeking w*nkers who will delight in the subsequent publicity their cowardly and dispicable comments will bring. For the proper racists yes 5 years in prison does seem like a good deterrent, but I would also house them with any members of black gangs currently residing there, and let them go through hell every single day until they can take no more and end their own life.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 7:05 am
DB10GOONER wrote:

I still believe MOST of that is attention seeking w*nkers who will delight in the subsequent publicity their cowardly and dispicable comments will bring. For the proper racists yes 5 years in prison does seem like a good deterrent, but I would also house them with any members of black gangs currently residing there, and let them go through hell every single day until they can take no more and end their own life.
I like your thinking augster. 8)

Have you ever considered running for election?

Actually, sorry - didn't mean to insult you there by saying you could be a politician! :wink:

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:

Disgusting the way he and the other young players that missed have been treated on Social Media.

It is about time, these accounts are verified with proof of ID and the people responsible are made an example of.

Arsenal meanwhile will have to pick up the pieces, I have no doubt Gooners will give Saka a rousing reception first home game next season.

Why oh why did Southgate make so many tactical mistakes this game, when he almost got it spot on for the rest of the tournament. Grealish and Sterling for sure should have stepped up and said they wanted to take one before Saka. At least give Southgate the option.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

People from Instagram and Twitter are just as to blame.

Fucking rock up and start arresting cúnts from there and you'll soon see a change in their policies

augie

Post by augie »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 7:10 am
DB10GOONER wrote:

Disgusting the way he and the other young players that missed have been treated on Social Media.

It is about time, these accounts are verified with proof of ID and the people responsible are made an example of.

Arsenal meanwhile will have to pick up the pieces, I have no doubt Gooners will give Saka a rousing reception first home game next season.

Why oh why did Southgate make so many tactical mistakes this game, when he almost got it spot on for the rest of the tournament. Grealish and Sterling for sure should have stepped up and said they wanted to take one before Saka. At least give Southgate the option.

But did he though ? What are you basing that on ? Like it or not you have to accept that england had a piss easy run to the final (and even at that they were played off the park by a poor scotland team), so where was he challenged ? Have people not complained all tournament about his continued practice of playing 2 defensive midfielders and their subsequent inability as a team to retain possession ? Last night that was shown up as the weakness it was. Before the game I wondered if southgate was trying to do a pep when he changed the formation (and dropped saka) and tried to come across as a smarter tactician than he actually is - you go from 3 attackers to 2, and you play a number 10 (mount) who again showed that he isnt the level that many talk him up to be, and you play 2 midfielders who cannot retain possession, and automatically you are inviting the italians onto you

Am I the only one who thinks that all this bullshit in the build up to the game about an extra bank holiday and a knighthood for southgate, has to be a distraction to the players ?

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

augie wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 7:45 am
nut flush gooner wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 7:10 am
DB10GOONER wrote:

But did he though ? What are you basing that on ? Like it or not you have to accept that england had a piss easy run to the final (and even at that they were played off the park by a poor scotland team), so where was he challenged ? Have people not complained all tournament about his continued practice of playing 2 defensive midfielders and their subsequent inability as a team to retain possession ? Last night that was shown up as the weakness it was. Before the game I wondered if southgate was trying to do a pep when he changed the formation (and dropped saka) and tried to come across as a smarter tactician than he actually is - you go from 3 attackers to 2, and you play a number 10 (mount) who again showed that he isnt the level that many talk him up to be, and you play 2 midfielders who cannot retain possession, and automatically you are inviting the italians onto you

Am I the only one who thinks that all this bullshit in the build up to the game about an extra bank holiday and a knighthood for southgate, has to be a distraction to the players ?
Will add my take for what its worth...

Southgate done well generally with his set ups as the resuts prove

Dont like the midfield...too much bite and not enough creativity

The changes he made did help Italy get in more spaces around the defence, can see what he was trying to do push forward a bit more and take a few chances

That said it was a good game, as i said previously just think Italy have a little more

Enjoyed the game and the tournament

also ridiculous to abuse players who missed pens...thats the modern world i guess...just like the moron who invaded the pitch for his 5 mins of you tube fame....fucking mug

wilson2.0

Post by wilson2.0 »

I cant believe how quickly the knifes are out for Southgate. Im hearing he needs to be sacked and replaced with a 'proper' manager as this England team is so talented that Southgate's limitations as a manager are fault for England not winning the World Cup and Euro's. Ive heard this before when England were stocked with Lampard, Gerrard, Rooney, Roo, Terry Cole ect. The 'golden generation' shouldn't be wasted and a top tier continental manager was brought in which was Capello & England were still shit.

Who the fuck would want this job where an entire nation think you should be winning World Cups and Euro's & not doing so is considered a failure. As if this England team has Dino Zoff in goal, Beckenbauer at centre half Zidane in midfield and front three of Maradona, Messi and Ronaldo, Pele on the bench.

Southgate did everything he can to give this team a shot at winning. The penalty line up was a spectacular failure but I get the feeling three senior players (Grealish, Shaw and Sterling) shit themselves at the thought of taking a penalty & Southgate had no option. He says the penalty line up was his choice, but does anyone really think Harry McGuire was a 'choice'? McGuire took a penalty because he put his hand up, not because he was one of five chosen. Grealish, Shaw and Sterling all ducked.

This was the closest England have been to success since 66, and its official, Southgate is England's most successful England manager after Alf Ramsey. He has gotten England deep into two consecutive international tournaments when so many other managers have failed to be competitive, in even one tournament.

Perhaps he is to 'nice', but he seems to have good rapport with the players and puts them at ease. They also seem to want to play for him. Southgate is now the 'England Manager' with authority over the role. If people think sacking Southgate is the answer, your wrong. Although he should be a bit more ruthless. I think Sterling should be phased out given Saka, Foden, Sancho are coming through and Sterling proved himself a fairy boy.