Euros / Ingerland Hype

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: Euros / Ingerland Hype

Post by DB10GOONER »

Bennett wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:35 pm
One Bard Gooner... your last post. Fucking disgrace, hang your head in shame you 🤬🤬🤬🤬. But people like you will never get it even though sure you've played football at a decent level......fucking never!

Mods allow this shit.... this shitehole site closed down soon I hope.

So smart arse OBG.... my daughter is 14, plays for her Club and an EFL League team. Scored 44 goals in 14 games and league top scorer I was ok but she is a different level. She's not a lesbian (but so what if she was you mysogentic/stupid *word censored*).

I hope you don't have kids...if you do, god bless them.
Cool your jets mate. There's no mods plural most of the time. There's me. And when I see something unacceptable I delete it. I've deleted OneBard's comment as it was homophobic, though I'm not sure that was his intent.

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

not actually sure what he was raging at...other than he disagrees that womens football should have to stand on its own 2 feet as his daughter is good at it?

no cogent argument why it shouldn't be made to pay its own way and not be rammed down everyone throats due to specific agendas to try to make something inherently unpopular, popular. if anything the media approach now puts even more people off as having some annoying faux equality about it and confusing everyone when we see heaadlines about arsenal sign x, when its arsenal ladies just annoys folk. oh that and the standard is comical...

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

the playing mantis wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:26 pm
not actually sure what he was raging at...other than he disagrees that womens football should have to stand on its own 2 feet as his daughter is good at it?

no cogent argument why it shouldn't be made to pay its own way and not be rammed down everyone throats due to specific agendas to try to make something inherently unpopular, popular. if anything the media approach now puts even more people off as having some annoying faux equality about it and confusing everyone when we see heaadlines about arsenal sign x, when its arsenal ladies just annoys folk. oh that and the standard is comical...
The voice of sanity and reason....Top post

augie

Post by augie »

Redarmy wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:39 am
the playing mantis wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:26 pm

The voice of sanity and reason....Top post

I concur 8)

Did we not establish that the complainant was a troll/wum sometime back ?? I could be wrong :?

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

arrgee wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:55 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:06 am
g88ner wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:59 am
Redarmy wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:44 pm
Think it was Pougatch introducing the panel saying...".tonight we have the Chelsea manager with us"

why do the leave out its the "Womens" Chelsea manager FFS
Yeah it’s annoying.

See on a website that an Arsenal star player has ruptured their cruciate… click on link and start reading… “Arsenal star Stephanie….”…. Close link as no shits given about the plight of poor Stephanie…. Curse the bastard website for wasting 30 seconds of my life with irrelevant news.

Then poceed to open link about Arsenal signing a new striker… see the striker is called Maria… close link :roll:
^^ This exactly.

I wish the club's would cut these women's teams loose and leave them to survive by generating their own income. THAT would be equality. Their shit version of football would be gone within one or two years max. And good fucking riddance. :roll:
Can't be too long before there is a bronze statue of Alex Scott outside Arsenal Stadium. This "equality" is everywhere. Novak Djokovic has been 324 weeks as number 1, yet according to commentators at the weekend he is not the record holder. Steffi Graf is...
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/2021/ ... -wait-put/

Sportswomen deserve statues too – and why wait to put them up?

The remarkable lack of female sporting statuary has been revealed by a new study

With England hosting the business end of this year’s Euros, the two statues outside Wembley Stadium are likely to enjoy more attention than in previous pandemic months. One is of England great Bobby Moore at the end of Wembley Way and, some 50 metres further on, stands another honouring five legends of English rugby league. A former female footballer is yet to be commemorated in such a way at the home of English football.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Funny how the pundits will talk about kids football not being as good, or the Championship or La Liga or League Une to the PL and that is acceptable but not one of them will talk about the WSL being inferior to the EPL for fear of being called a mysoginist or sexist.

If woman's football wants to be truly seen as equal in concept then it must accept that most people will see it and describe it as inferior in quality :roll:

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

You just can't polish a turd no matter how hard they try.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

arrgee wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:17 am
arrgee wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:55 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:06 am
g88ner wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:59 am
Redarmy wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:44 pm
Think it was Pougatch introducing the panel saying...".tonight we have the Chelsea manager with us"

why do the leave out its the "Womens" Chelsea manager FFS
Yeah it’s annoying.

See on a website that an Arsenal star player has ruptured their cruciate… click on link and start reading… “Arsenal star Stephanie….”…. Close link as no shits given about the plight of poor Stephanie…. Curse the bastard website for wasting 30 seconds of my life with irrelevant news.

Then poceed to open link about Arsenal signing a new striker… see the striker is called Maria… close link :roll:
^^ This exactly.

I wish the club's would cut these women's teams loose and leave them to survive by generating their own income. THAT would be equality. Their shit version of football would be gone within one or two years max. And good fucking riddance. :roll:
Can't be too long before there is a bronze statue of Alex Scott outside Arsenal Stadium. This "equality" is everywhere. Novak Djokovic has been 324 weeks as number 1, yet according to commentators at the weekend he is not the record holder. Steffi Graf is...
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/2021/ ... -wait-put/

Sportswomen deserve statues too – and why wait to put them up?

The remarkable lack of female sporting statuary has been revealed by a new study

With England hosting the business end of this year’s Euros, the two statues outside Wembley Stadium are likely to enjoy more attention than in previous pandemic months. One is of England great Bobby Moore at the end of Wembley Way and, some 50 metres further on, stands another honouring five legends of English rugby league. A former female footballer is yet to be commemorated in such a way at the home of English football.
When one deserves such an accolade am sure it will happen, but should be on merit not political box ticking

As for the great Bobby Moore England World cup winning captain in the final, totally justified, in fact should have been knighted IMO

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

Their celebrated national teams can't even beat boys u-16's, ffs. :roll: :lol:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Good to see that coronavirus doesn’t exist in Hungary :lol:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Clummo99 wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:15 pm
Oh dear. :lol: :popcorn:
:box: :wink:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:50 pm
Their celebrated national teams can't even beat boys u-16's, ffs. :roll: :lol:
well yes thats true...what gets me is they have the brass neck to go on TV panels talikng as if they have played at that level

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Bennett wrote:
One Bard Gooner... your last post. Fucking disgrace, hang your head in shame you 🤬🤬🤬🤬. But people like you will never get it even though sure you've played football at a decent level......fucking never!

So smart arse OBG.... my daughter is 14, plays for her Club and an EFL League team. Scored 44 goals in 14 games and league top scorer I was ok but she is a different level. She's not a lesbian (but so what if she was you mysogentic/stupid *word censored*).

I do have kids actually one's an architect (very successful) yes SHE is... the other two very successful in their chosen lifestyles/careers..

As for girls / women playing football or any other kind of sport - of course I am 1,000% for it - but it cannot be made what it isn't overnight.

There is a huge gap between the different genders sports as there should be - different body strengths etc etc etc..

What P's me off is the hypocrisy of how they try and make out the mens and women's football should be on an equal footing. It cannot be - maybe in 20 - 30 years women's football will be on par crowds / wages etc BUT there are so many (particularly the media- and many of the ex-women professionals in the media) who seem to think it should automatically be given the same status now.

That cannot happen because it isn't.

As for my homophobic comment I apologise, anyone who knows me will tell you that was not serious - I was pissed (literally) and I was venting about the dysfunctional media and the way they pander to the whatever seems to be popular and at the moment it is to women's football for the Wrong Reasons.

How often have you had to listen to a female pundit talk about football and talk nonsense? - Also there is a disparity there because it seems to me that the (so called) good looking one's get the jobs! Rodders will tell you that as well.

As for your daughter? good on her (seriously). Maybe she will make a living from it, the important thing above all else is that she enjoy it and be given equal and every chance in her sport/s.

btw: one of my favourite players is Vivianne Miedema - we could use a player with her skills, calmness in front of goal and ability to destroy defence sin the mens team...but hey what do I know.

peace out.

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

Why the fùck am I getting reply notifications from posts that aren't mine? Anyone else getting that today? :lol:

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:21 pm
Bennett wrote:

I do have kids actually one's an architect (very successful) yes SHE is... the other two very successful in their chosen lifestyles/careers..

As for girls / women playing football or any other kind of sport - of course I am 1,000% for it - but it cannot be made what it isn't overnight.

There is a huge gap between the different genders sports as there should be - different body strengths etc etc etc..

What P's me off is the hypocrisy of how they try and make out the mens and women's football should be on an equal footing. It cannot be - maybe in 20 - 30 years women's football will be on par crowds / wages etc BUT there are so many (particularly the media- and many of the ex-women professionals in the media) who seem to think it should automatically be given the same status now.

That cannot happen because it isn't.

As for my homophobic comment I apologise, anyone who knows me will tell you that was not serious - I was pissed (literally) and I was venting about the dysfunctional media and the way they pander to the whatever seems to be popular and at the moment it is to women's football for the Wrong Reasons.

How often have you had to listen to a female pundit talk about football and talk nonsense? - Also there is a disparity there because it seems to me that the (so called) good looking one's get the jobs! Rodders will tell you that as well.

As for your daughter? good on her (seriously). Maybe she will make a living from it, the important thing above all else is that she enjoy it and be given equal and every chance in her sport/s.

btw: one of my favourite players is Vivianne Miedema - we could use a player with her skills, calmness in front of goal and ability to destroy defence sin the mens team...but hey what do I know.

peace out.
nice response, but totally undermined by the highlighted part and thus unbelievable because of 2 words: Karen carney!!!