Euros / Ingerland Hype

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Arsenal Till I Die

Re: Euros / Ingerland Hype

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:44 pm
Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:38 pm
They're playing again.
Football's fucking absolutely fucking shit. Bloke has a heart attack, put him in an ambulance and carry on an hour later. Saturday night viewing figures and advertisers after all. They're also terrified at the prospect of something happening at that horrendous world cup in Qorruptar in 18 months and can't set a precedent of having a game called off.
It's insane to think that about an hour and half ago a player was receiving CPR on the pitch, and now they're out playing again.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

It's fucking disgusting, if he takes a turn for the worst in hospital ? Will they stop game again?'
Football? A shameful money driven disgrace!
I'm switching off from here on !

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

On a lighter note.....

Nice to see the Parken Stadium again. Two visits there for me, the first far more enjoyable than the second. :barscarf:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Cynic that I am wonders how much pressure was applied by UEFA officials to teams and management to get them out again, utterly disgraceful, not all those players would have been in the right frame of mind to concentrate fully

gazzatt2

Post by gazzatt2 »

Clummo99 wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:47 pm
On a lighter note.....

Nice to see the Parken Stadium again. Two visits there for me, the first far more enjoyable than the second. :barscarf:
+1

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

Denmark head coach Kasper Hjulmand: "We had two options to play the game [today] or tomorrow at 12pm and everyone agreed to play today. You can't play a game with such feelings. We tried to win. It was incredible they managed to go out and try to play the second half."

Denmark head coach Kasper Hjulmand: "We had two options to play the game [today] or tomorrow at 12pm and everyone agreed to play today. You can't play a game with such feelings. We tried to win. It was incredible they managed to go out and try to play the second half." - @JohnBennettBBC

You've just seen your team mate drop down dead and have to be resuscitated and you've been pleasantly told you have to play the rest of the game today or tomorrow. Shocking.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Lots of reports now saying that after speaking to Eriksen, the Denmark players and the Finnish players wanted to complete the game. I don’t think UEFA has anything to do with it?

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

The teams probably wanted to play because any delay would impact on the rest of their schedule.

Eriksen didn’t die so the right call was made.
He even spoke to the players before they went back out.
Honestly 20 years ago the restarting of the game wouldn’t even have been an issue.

I remember the 85 European Cup final went ahead even though about 40 supporters had just been crushed to death.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

I remember the 85 European Cup final went ahead even though about 40 supporters had just been crushed to death.

All those damn cockneys at Heysel.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

goonersid wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:46 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:37 pm
He is fine.

Are they going to restart the match ?
I hope so, I backed Denmark to finish with 10 men :oops:
:lol: :lol:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

England/Croatia draw 3/1
Croatia win 11/2

Really ?

augie

Post by augie »

Sweet, sweet jesus - can someone please get this c.unt off the tv screens :roll: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... match.html

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:41 am
Sweet, sweet jesus - can someone please get this c.unt off the tv screens :roll: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... match.html
That vapid empty cùnt is everything that is wrong with the modern game. An actual proper footballer (not the fake female kind) nearly dies. She makes it about her. :roll: :censored:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:25 pm
The teams probably wanted to play because any delay would impact on the rest of their schedule.

Eriksen didn’t die so the right call was made.
He even spoke to the players before they went back out.
Honestly 20 years ago the restarting of the game wouldn’t even have been an issue.

I remember the 85 European Cup final went ahead even though about 40 innocent supporters had just been murdered by scouse* filth.
Fixed that for you Rob.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Fucking shit…I thought that watching Arsenal was bad :D