Euros / Ingerland Hype

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Arsenal Till I Die

Re: Euros / Ingerland Hype

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

augie wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:12 am
wilson2.0 wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:04 am
I cant believe how quickly the knifes are out for Southgate. Im hearing he needs to be sacked and replaced with a 'proper' manager as this England team is so talented that Southgate's limitations as a manager are fault for England not winning the World Cup and Euro's. Ive heard this before when England were stocked with Lampard, Gerrard, Rooney, Roo, Terry Cole ect. The 'golden generation' shouldn't be wasted and a top tier continental manager was brought in which was Capello & England were still shit.

Who the fuck would want this job where an entire nation think you should be winning World Cups and Euro's & not doing so is considered a failure. As if this England team has Dino Zoff in goal, Beckenbauer at centre half Zidane in midfield and front three of Maradona, Messi and Ronaldo, Pele on the bench.

Southgate did everything he can to give this team a shot at winning. The penalty line up was a spectacular failure but I get the feeling three senior players (Grealish, Shaw and Sterling) shit themselves at the thought of taking a penalty & Southgate had no option. He says the penalty line up was his choice, but does anyone really think Harry McGuire was a 'choice'? McGuire took a penalty because he put his hand up, not because he was one of five chosen. Grealish, Shaw and Sterling all ducked.

This was the closest England have been to success since 66, and its official, Southgate is England's most successful England manager after Alf Ramsey. He has gotten England deep into two consecutive international tournaments when so many other managers have failed to be competitive, in even one tournament.

Perhaps he is to 'nice', but he seems to have good rapport with the players and puts them at ease. They also seem to want to play for him. Southgate is now the 'England Manager' with authority over the role. If people think sacking Southgate is the answer, your wrong. Although he should be a bit more ruthless. I think Sterling should be phased out given Saka, Foden, Sancho are coming through and Sterling proved himself a fairy boy.

Apart from the brainless social media mong's, I dont think anyone actually believes that sacking southgate is the answer now. That being said, southgate DID NOT do everything he could to give england success - his best players are all attacking players, but throughout the tournament he played defensive football and deprived them of service, so why would you basically nullify your own best players ??
Southgate is a pragmatist, through and through. The man I see too terrified of conceding a goal to actually set his team up to use it's attacking flair properly. There are times when that style works and is necessary, for example the Germany game. The problem is that he plays that style every single game.

The first 30 mins of the final were brilliant. We utilised our pace, Kane was proving my point that he's a #10, who's better suited to working deeper and playing those killer passes, and not a proper #9. We were fighting for (and winning) every ball. Even when the first-half began to wind down and Italy started to relax, we looked clam and in in control. Then Captain Pragmatism sent the out for the second half to defend a 1-0 lead. Mind blowing.

The depth of talent on our bench, going forward, is electric. We all know that Rashford, Greilish, Calvert-Lewin, Saka, Sancho are all fast and dangerous players. The world knows it, so why not bring them on earlier?

Trippier (who surprised the hell out of me) was having the game of his life in that first-half. Why haul him off? The Italians had already out two players on him because of his crossing ability and pace. Haul Sterling off. Or get experimental; haul Mount off, push Sterling into Mount's role and just tell him to run at them, bring Saka on and leave Tripper to create space and whip some balls in.

Southgate's pragmatism was called out by the Danes, he should have learned his lesson from that. He didn't.

Had we had scored a second in that first half, I reckon we would have won comfortably.

augie

Post by augie »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:39 am
augie wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:59 am
nut flush gooner wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:38 am
augie wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 7:45 am
nut flush gooner wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 7:10 am

Disgusting the way he and the other young players that missed have been treated on Social Media.

It is about time, these accounts are verified with proof of ID and the people responsible are made an example of.

Arsenal meanwhile will have to pick up the pieces, I have no doubt Gooners will give Saka a rousing reception first home game next season.

Why oh why did Southgate make so many tactical mistakes this game, when he almost got it spot on for the rest of the tournament. Grealish and Sterling for sure should have stepped up and said they wanted to take one before Saka. At least give Southgate the option.

But did he though ? What are you basing that on ? Like it or not you have to accept that england had a piss easy run to the final (and even at that they were played off the park by a poor scotland team), so where was he challenged ? Have people not complained all tournament about his continued practice of playing 2 defensive midfielders and their subsequent inability as a team to retain possession ? Last night that was shown up as the weakness it was. Before the game I wondered if southgate was trying to do a pep when he changed the formation (and dropped saka) and tried to come across as a smarter tactician than he actually is - you go from 3 attackers to 2, and you play a number 10 (mount) who again showed that he isnt the level that many talk him up to be, and you play 2 midfielders who cannot retain possession, and automatically you are inviting the italians onto you

Am I the only one who thinks that all this bullshit in the build up to the game about an extra bank holiday and a knighthood for southgate, has to be a distraction to the players ?
Piss easy? It did open up I agree but it wasnt piss easy. Our toughest opponents were the Germans and Danish. Italy had to overcome Belgium and Spain. Theres not a great deal in it. Arguably the Danish were the weakest of all the sides but they had a good tournament. Analysing a group game against a rival country for whom it was their cup final doesn't prove anything. If you look at the winners of most tournament, there is a high likelihood they will have had a bad game in the group stages.

Southgate was too passive for the final, the two Italian CBs lapped Kane up and we only really had Sterling with the ability to stretch their defence after our strong start. Unfortunately, Sterling didn't have a great game. Saka should have started. Same with Grealish over Mount who I have now come to the conclusion is totally overrated.

The worst german team in years by a distance and a danish team missing their best player, and you are saying that there is very little difference between those opponents compared to spain and belgium ??? Were you on the sauce last night buddy ?? They are night and day in comparison, and hugely inferior opponents that england faced - there is no shame in admitting that cos you still have to take advantage of it (which ye did), bou cant with a straight face try to argue that point
Ohh here we go, because England beat Germany they are the worst team they've had for years. It may not have occurred to you Augie, that the Germans are masters of finding a way in these tournaments no matter what quality of team/squad they put out.

You could say exactly the same of Spain, Morata upfront really???!! Belgium also has a history of choking in big tournaments.

Totally blinkered opinions coming from over the Irish Sea.

You are right, it is a "here we go story" because it seems that just because I am Irish my opinion is blinkered :roll:

You should scroll back through this thread even, and you will see many english Gooners saying those very same things about the german team cos it is absolutely true. Before the germany game I said it on here and to a shammers england fan whose kid plays with my sons team in dublin, that I have seen worse german teams be successful but they had a heart and organisation that the current german team do not, and that is why their lack of quality shines through.

Find me a post since of mine since saka missed his penalty where I am gloating or taking the piss - you wont find one btw, so my nationality shouldnt even be a factor here

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:43 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:24 am
augie wrote:
wilson2.0 wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:04 am
I cant believe how quickly the knifes are out for Southgate. Im hearing he needs to be sacked and replaced with a 'proper' manager as this England team is so talented that Southgate's limitations as a manager are fault for England not winning the World Cup and Euro's. Ive heard this before when England were stocked with Lampard, Gerrard, Rooney, Roo, Terry Cole ect. The 'golden generation' shouldn't be wasted and a top tier continental manager was brought in which was Capello & England were still shit.

Who the fuck would want this job where an entire nation think you should be winning World Cups and Euro's & not doing so is considered a failure. As if this England team has Dino Zoff in goal, Beckenbauer at centre half Zidane in midfield and front three of Maradona, Messi and Ronaldo, Pele on the bench.

Southgate did everything he can to give this team a shot at winning. The penalty line up was a spectacular failure but I get the feeling three senior players (Grealish, Shaw and Sterling) shit themselves at the thought of taking a penalty & Southgate had no option. He says the penalty line up was his choice, but does anyone really think Harry McGuire was a 'choice'? McGuire took a penalty because he put his hand up, not because he was one of five chosen. Grealish, Shaw and Sterling all ducked.

This was the closest England have been to success since 66, and its official, Southgate is England's most successful England manager after Alf Ramsey. He has gotten England deep into two consecutive international tournaments when so many other managers have failed to be competitive, in even one tournament.

Perhaps he is to 'nice', but he seems to have good rapport with the players and puts them at ease. They also seem to want to play for him. Southgate is now the 'England Manager' with authority over the role. If people think sacking Southgate is the answer, your wrong. Although he should be a bit more ruthless. I think Sterling should be phased out given Saka, Foden, Sancho are coming through and Sterling proved himself a fairy boy.

Apart from the brainless social media mong's, I dont think anyone actually believes that sacking southgate is the answer now. That being said, southgate DID NOT do everything he could to give england success - his best players are all attacking players, but throughout the tournament he played defensive football and deprived them of service, so why would you basically nullify your own best players ??
This ^ 100%.

Borat played two extremely limited negative DMs in Rice and Philips, two guys that create nothing for the more talented forwards. In most of the games England were often outclassed and run ragged in midfield. He persisted with the completely anonymous Mount for about an hour too long last night. And then he brings on the donkey Henderson??!! The man that is the answer to a question that was never asked ffs. WTAF. :lol: :roll:

These are basic mistakes that if Martinez-Lite was making (and he does!) he would get lit up on here and rightly so. Borat is a nice guy. That does not make him a good manager.
Im trying to find the resemblance between Borat and Southgate and struggling.

Have you seen Southgate in a Mankini?

:D :D :D :) :) :) :)
:lol: :lol:

Yes and what a sight it was! :D

It's his long nose and facial structure. Not a spitting image but deffo a resemblance. Once you see it you can't unsee it.... :shock: :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

nut flush gooner wrote:
augie wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
augie wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 7:10 am

Disgusting the way he and the other young players that missed have been treated on Social Media.

It is about time, these accounts are verified with proof of ID and the people responsible are made an example of.

Arsenal meanwhile will have to pick up the pieces, I have no doubt Gooners will give Saka a rousing reception first home game next season.

Why oh why did Southgate make so many tactical mistakes this game, when he almost got it spot on for the rest of the tournament. Grealish and Sterling for sure should have stepped up and said they wanted to take one before Saka. At least give Southgate the option.

But did he though ? What are you basing that on ? Like it or not you have to accept that england had a piss easy run to the final (and even at that they were played off the park by a poor scotland team), so where was he challenged ? Have people not complained all tournament about his continued practice of playing 2 defensive midfielders and their subsequent inability as a team to retain possession ? Last night that was shown up as the weakness it was. Before the game I wondered if southgate was trying to do a pep when he changed the formation (and dropped saka) and tried to come across as a smarter tactician than he actually is - you go from 3 attackers to 2, and you play a number 10 (mount) who again showed that he isnt the level that many talk him up to be, and you play 2 midfielders who cannot retain possession, and automatically you are inviting the italians onto you

Am I the only one who thinks that all this bullshit in the build up to the game about an extra bank holiday and a knighthood for southgate, has to be a distraction to the players ?
Piss easy? It did open up I agree but it wasnt piss easy. Our toughest opponents were the Germans and Danish. Italy had to overcome Belgium and Spain. Theres not a great deal in it. Arguably the Danish were the weakest of all the sides but they had a good tournament. Analysing a group game against a rival country for whom it was their cup final doesn't prove anything. If you look at the winners of most tournament, there is a high likelihood they will have had a bad game in the group stages.

Southgate was too passive for the final, the two Italian CBs lapped Kane up and we only really had Sterling with the ability to stretch their defence after our strong start. Unfortunately, Sterling didn't have a great game. Saka should have started. Same with Grealish over Mount who I have now come to the conclusion is totally overrated.

The worst german team in years by a distance and a danish team missing their best player, and you are saying that there is very little difference between those opponents compared to spain and belgium ??? Were you on the sauce last night buddy ?? They are night and day in comparison, and hugely inferior opponents that england faced - there is no shame in admitting that cos you still have to take advantage of it (which ye did), bou cant with a straight face try to argue that point
Ohh here we go, because England beat Germany they are the worst team they've had for years. It may not have occurred to you Augie, that the Germans are masters of finding a way in these tournaments no matter what quality of team/squad they put out.

You could say exactly the same of Spain, Morata upfront really???!! Belgium also has a history of choking in big tournaments.

I think that's wrong and a bit unfair on augie, Nutty. Say what you want about augie (fat, bald, sister-marrying culchie etc :wink: ) but in general his opinions are genuine. They are often wrong - but genuine! :lol: :wink:

I agree about the German team. This particular team were poor technically but also lacked the effort and cohesion that might have previously carried a poor German team through.

It has to be said England got to the final of a poor quality tournament. That's not bias or jealousy it's just a fact. Not a reflection on England they still had to go out there and beat those teams and they did mostly. But it's not a great England team and Borat is a poor to average manager that makes too many very basic mistakes.

Getting to the final is still a great achievement and was a great lift for your country after a shit 18 months.

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:16 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
augie wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
augie wrote:

I think that's wrong and a bit unfair on augie, Nutty. Say what you want about augie (fat, bald, sister-marrying culchie etc :wink: ) but in general his opinions are genuine. They are often wrong - but genuine! :lol: :wink:

I agree about the German team. This particular team were poor technically but also lacked the effort and cohesion that might have previously carried a poor German team through.

It has to be said England got to the final of a poor quality tournament. That's not bias or jealousy it's just a fact. Not a reflection on England they still had to go out there and beat those teams and they did mostly. But it's not a great England team and Borat is a poor to average manager that makes too many very basic mistakes.

Getting to the final is still a great achievement and was a great lift for your country after a shit 18 months.
The thing is, DB, that it is never that England played well. It always has to be because of a "poor" this or "lucky" that. I agree that the German team are nowhere near the quality they once were but they have a team full of players who are capable of pulling magic out of the hat. Muller, Kross, Gnabry, to name three players who could make a difference in a heartbeat. So, it CAN be annoying to constantly read how poor x team was and take away from the fact that it was a solid England performance.

This England team has the firepower to blow any side away, if they play attacking football. The first-half last night is a testament to that. The problem is the manager. Southgate is terrified of conceding a goal so we set up so rigidly that we look scared to move. England's defence and goalkeeper aren't that great, I admit. The attacking power, though, is. Let's not forget that the England team is full of players who have won things with their respective club (and Harry Kane). There's plenty of ability and experience there to turn England into a genuinely threatening team.

Poor quality tournament isn't a fair reflection either. I think this Euros has had some of the better international matches I've seen in years. That's not me speaking from an England perspective, but as a whole. Then again, international football is largely a shite borefest so it made a nice change, nonetheless.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:44 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:16 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
augie wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:

The thing is, DB, that it is never that England played well. It always has to be because of a "poor" this or "lucky" that. I agree that the German team are nowhere near the quality they once were but they have a team full of players who are capable of pulling magic out of the hat. Muller, Kross, Gnabry, to name three players who could make a difference in a heartbeat. So, it CAN be annoying to constantly read how poor x team was and take away from the fact that it was a solid England performance.

This England team has the firepower to blow any side away, if they play attacking football. The first-half last night is a testament to that. The problem is the manager. Southgate is terrified of conceding a goal so we set up so rigidly that we look scared to move. England's defence and goalkeeper aren't that great, I admit. The attacking power, though, is. Let's not forget that the England team is full of players who have won things with their respective club (and Harry Kane). There's plenty of ability and experience there to turn England into a genuinely threatening team.

Poor quality tournament isn't a fair reflection either. I think this Euros has had some of the better international matches I've seen in years. That's not me speaking from an England perspective, but as a whole. Then again, international football is largely a shite borefest so it made a nice change, nonetheless.
I take your point but I don't agree with most of it tbh. The one question I would ask you though - which games did you think were great games to watch? Bar two or three I thought most were boring and sluggish. There looked like a lot of heavy legs in most of them.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

augie wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:51 am
g88ner wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:24 am
augie wrote:

Augie, I think Southgate should probably step aside and you’ve explained why just after you called me a brainless mong :mrgreen:

If he won’t work with our attacking talent then he should step aside. Our defensive players are good enough and experienced enough to cope without these ultra-defensive tactics.

What we need is a manager who can unlock the potential in Kane, Grealish, Sancho, Foden, etc. Unfortunately Southgate decided not to even bother trying :roll: if that’s his philosophy for Qatar 2022 then he should piss off now!

I didnt relise anyone on here was suggesting that he should go, so apols for that :oops: :oops: :oops:

I have NEVER believed that southgate was the right man for the job, and I still dont get the adulation towards him prior to last nights game, but I'm not sure that now is the right time for a change either. For me it is a pick your poison when it comes to the england managers job - you either go for a nice guy like southgate who everyone is less inclined to abuse, or you go for a better manager who will have more expectations on him along with more abuse. I suppose to all intents it is a boom or bust appointment if you go for the higher profile but better qualified manager, but the english fa chose the safe option.

Sothgate doesnt trust grealish imo, and that is why he doesnt give him many minutes - if you look past the hype and bullshit with grealish, all you will see is an attacking midfielder with poor stats in both scoring goals and creating goals, but who is the best in the league at diving and "winning" frees. Sancho is a far better player and I am stunned that he got so little time in the euro's, UNLESS the attitude issues that were obvious before he went to dortmund are still there now.
Mate, the mong comment was tongue in cheek. Obviously no offence taken! :lol:

You’re right…. He doesn’t trust Grealish, Foden or Sancho. He’d rather pack the defence.

I don’t want such a negative manager so I’d prefer he left, which obviously won’t happen.

The penalty fiasco was the icing on the cake. Southgate should step aside and the fact literally no other club would want him tells you exactly why he shouldn’t have been manager in the first place! :roll:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

I sincerely hope that the Police DO track down those who have abused the players and DO SOMETHING.

They really are Utter SCUM.

Really hurt to see Saka crying at the end...Southgate got the pens (and other things in the game) Completely Wrong.

He simply isn't good snout - can't we get the FA to take Captain Black off our hands instead. :?

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Fuck me, reading the reports and looking at the pictures of the behaviour at Wembley last night is sickening. What the fuck is this shit about lobbing beer about and chucking fucking bottles? Fucking grow up. Then there's the storming the turnstiles which absolutely horrifies me. These poor fucking teenagers paid a pittance to Steward these events at Wembley having to deal with that is absolutely disgusting. It's been going on for years at Wembley, cûnts trying to storm through doors or side entrances and nobody seems to care. From what I've read, it's down to Wembley Stadium refusing to pay policing costs but if a football club won't pay their costs, they aren't granted a safety certificate and therefore the right to host a public sporting event. So, why the fuck are they or the FA or whoever allowed to get away with this? Part of me thinks it's because when they hold domestic matches, the crowd is split and the fans actually do a good job of policing themselves and keeping each other in check. When it's In-ger-land, it seems to be open season on fucking thuggery and general cûntishness, with 18 year olds reckoning they're hard after two Kaliber shandies and a puff of a fag. And fuck the fucking press too, because they've fuelled this shit for years with pictures of chavs lobbing lager about and leaping around when international tournaments are held. Almost as if they've told the public that that's how you have to behave to enjoy it.
The pictures of Wembley Way from lunchtime onwards were terrible and how the fuck that was allowed to happen, I really don't know. Why aren't there ticket checks and exclusion zones? How the fuck are the hordes of pissed up chavs without tickets allowed to congregate en masse? The whole ground is a mess and it needs sorting out because right now, our ground or Old Trafford is better equipped to hosts these matches.

Kingralph

Post by Kingralph »

On the topic of Wembley not being fit for purpose, how have they managed to get a safety certificate for 90,000 people to be in a stadium with only one way in or out, up Wembley Way?
Anyone who has been caught in that jam knows you can’t go forward or go back and you’re literally stuck like sardines in a can.
All it would take is one Manchester Arena- type nutcase and there would be hundreds, possibly thousands, dead.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:56 pm
Fuck me, reading the reports and looking at the pictures of the behaviour at Wembley last night is sickening. What the fuck is this shit about lobbing beer about and chucking fucking bottles? Fucking grow up. Then there's the storming the turnstiles which absolutely horrifies me. These poor fucking teenagers paid a pittance to Steward these events at Wembley having to deal with that is absolutely disgusting. It's been going on for years at Wembley, cûnts trying to storm through doors or side entrances and nobody seems to care. From what I've read, it's down to Wembley Stadium refusing to pay policing costs but if a football club won't pay their costs, they aren't granted a safety certificate and therefore the right to host a public sporting event. So, why the fuck are they or the FA or whoever allowed to get away with this? Part of me thinks it's because when they hold domestic matches, the crowd is split and the fans actually do a good job of policing themselves and keeping each other in check. When it's In-ger-land, it seems to be open season on fucking thuggery and general cûntishness, with 18 year olds reckoning they're hard after two Kaliber shandies and a puff of a fag. And fuck the fucking press too, because they've fuelled this shit for years with pictures of chavs lobbing lager about and leaping around when international tournaments are held. Almost as if they've told the public that that's how you have to behave to enjoy it.
The pictures of Wembley Way from lunchtime onwards were terrible and how the fuck that was allowed to happen, I really don't know. Why aren't there ticket checks and exclusion zones? How the fuck are the hordes of pissed up chavs without tickets allowed to congregate en masse? The whole ground is a mess and it needs sorting out because right now, our ground or Old Trafford is better equipped to hosts these matches.
Great Post. This minority of thuggish fucktards ruin the event for everyone. I'll never understand why the authorities don't just grab 10 of them and make an example. Here you go you moronic hooligan cùnt, here's 5 years in prison, how fucking hard are you now as you cry yourself to sleep with Big Bubba's massive hairy arm wrapped around you?

Oh but no we can't do that because criminal scum have rights and they are just misunderstood and are starting that apprenticeship in a few weeks and prison would mean they lose it and its all the evil corrupt cops' fault anyway and blah blah fuck off. :roll:

Wemberlee should be slapped the fuck back in line too. Pay the cost of policing or no games you greedy cùnts. :censored:

wilson2.0

Post by wilson2.0 »

There is a selfish part of me that believes this experience will make Saka a better player. I get the feeling he will explode as a player and turn into one of England's top players. Better than Sterling, Sancho, Grealish, Foden and will further go onto become one of the very top players in the premier league, and in due time, the world.

This trauma will make him 'grow up' and mature. Like that Kill Bill movie, where Uma Thurman trained to become this great warrior to get revenge on those who tried to kill her - she became a great warrior only because of her attempted murder.

15 league goals from the left flank & 20 in all competitions. Longer term target to score 20 league goals form the flank and thats when you get into the Griezmann, Bale, Robben territory of players who don't play through the middle but can get you a strikers goal tally.

I think Saka can be that good.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

wilson2.0 wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:27 am
There is a selfish part of me that believes this experience will make Saka a better player. I get the feeling he will explode as a player and turn into one of England's top players. Better than Sterling, Sancho, Grealish, Foden and will further go onto become one of the very top players in the premier league, and in due time, the world.

This trauma will make him 'grow up' and mature. Like that Kill Bill movie, where Uma Thurman trained to become this great warrior to get revenge on those who tried to kill her - she became a great warrior only because of her attempted murder.

15 league goals from the left flank & 20 in all competitions. Longer term target to score 20 league goals form the flank and thats when you get into the Griezmann, Bale, Robben territory of players who don't play through the middle but can get you a strikers goal tally.

I hope he ends up nothing like Monkey Bale and Robben, two of the worst diving cheating wànkers to ever play the game.

But he certainly has the potential to be world class, which means we'll sell him for less than he's worth in a couple years time. :roll:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Kingralph wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:28 am
On the topic of Wembley not being fit for purpose, how have they managed to get a safety certificate for 90,000 people to be in a stadium with only one way in or out, up Wembley Way?
Anyone who has been caught in that jam knows you can’t go forward or go back and you’re literally stuck like sardines in a can.
All it would take is one Manchester Arena- type nutcase and there would be hundreds, possibly thousands, dead.
Do you remember when they had the discussion about whether to rebuild Wembley or move the national stadium to Birmingham? One of the big things against Wembley was exactly that, the complete and utter lack of transport options other than the one tube station. Yes, Wembley Park has been done up but it is still nowhere near efficient enough for those big crowds. I also find it absolutely staggering that this ground which is what, 15 years old, is so easy to access without a ticket. I remember seeing footage of Manure fans when they played Barcelona in the Champions League Final there, basically opening a door and just wandering in from the outside and I've read stories from supporters of other teams who have played games there getting loads in by doing the two at a time thing at the turnstile. Quite how this is allowed to happen or a crowd without tickets get so near and in such high numbers is not only an utter disgrace but a real threat to public safety. If it is all down to the police refusing to work because the costs aren't paid by whoever it is that owns Wembley, then major matches need to be moved away from there straight away.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

wilson2.0 wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:27 am

You forgot Walcott ! :oops: :barscarf: