Euros / Ingerland Hype

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
goonertux

Euros / Ingerland Hype

Post by goonertux »

Thought a thread on the Euros and ‘it’s coming home’ might already be up on the forum.
So be prepared for megahype, Harry Maguire’s injury doubts, Grealish the most fouled player (no, it’s actually the most free kicks ‘won’, totally different stat!), endless debates on booing the knee being taken, cautious 1-0 wins, and going out on penalties in the quarter finals.
At least it’s sunny and a good excuse for a few bevvies!

Kingralph

Re: Euros / Ingerland Hype

Post by Kingralph »

When the scum almost signed Grealish for £20m a couple of seasons ago I was pissing myself laughing, now I’d gladly swap him for almost anyone in our squad!

John F

Post by John F »

England are unbelievably joint favourites in some places even with a crap defence ,dodgy keeper and Southgate as manager.France should win it but apparently there is disruptions behind the scenes.Germany are not what they were ,Belgium always flatter to deceive with Martinez full in charge which leaves Portugal and Italy and Spain.I have gone for Italy at 8-1 which means with my luck they won't get out the group.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Lucky to have tickets to the Czech Republic game. Have to pass a Lateral Flow test. Don’t have much faith in England. The World Cup a few years ago was a total fluke. Should have been in the final had Kane scored that sitter the keeper toed onto the post. We’ll go out in the early knock-out rounds.
Last edited by BobbyPires7 on Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

As usual the Scottish/Welsh/Oirish media will claim there's an English arrogance and hype, based upon nothing other than someone like Rio Ferdinand bigging the team up

Every fellow Englishman I've spoken to thinks we'll do extremely well with this team to even make the semi final - its an unbalanced squad with 3 shit goalkeepers and a bang average back line. The window licker looks like a man who has played every single game, Sterling is a greedy little fucker, Rashford inconsistent.

Foden and Grealish are talented players but yes man Gareth won't be playing them together and will probably find a way to shoehorn Jordan Henderson and Declan Rice into the team instead

If England do win the group then they play the 2nd place team in the Portugal, France, Germany group and any of that lot are good enough to sweep them aside

There's your English "arrogance" :D

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

I am struggling to get too excited for the Euros as it looks like the pubs won’t be opening fully for any of the matches.
Anywhere half decent is already booked up, but I am not sure I can be too bothered with a table service, sanitised version in the pubs anyway. a great shame.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I'm gonna sticky this for our Ingerlish viewers. Usually I'd wish you all the best of luck but tbh you have a few proper cùnts on that team - especially the fucking scum players - and this time I hope you get royally FUBAR'd. :D :wink:

Anyway, enjoy it lads. :barscarf:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

The quicker this shit it over with the better.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

To be honest if you are a sports fan as opposed to just a football fan, the tennis on right now on ITV totally pisses on the Italy/turkey game for entertainment. greatest match of tennis I have ever seen.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:38 pm
I'm gonna sticky this for our Ingerlish viewers. Usually I'd wish you all the best of luck but tbh you have a few proper cùnts on that team - especially the fucking scum players - and this time I hope you get royally FUBAR'd. :D :wink:

So you mean to say you are planning to drive around Ireland with St George’s flags affixed to your car doors fluttering in the breeze. :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:16 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:

So you mean to say you are planning to drive around Ireland with St George’s flags affixed to your car doors fluttering in the breeze. :lol:
:lol: :barscarf:

I'll drive it through Tallaght in Dublin and the Falls Road in Belfast for target practice! :lol: :shock: :wink:

And hilariously most of these murdering "Brit-hating" IRA cùnts are all fans of English football teams. The IRA top boys have been season ticket holders at manure since the 70s. :roll:

augie

Post by augie »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:18 pm
As usual the Scottish/Welsh/Oirish media will claim there's an English arrogance and hype, based upon nothing other than someone like Rio Ferdinand bigging the team up

Every fellow Englishman I've spoken to thinks we'll do extremely well with this team to even make the semi final - its an unbalanced squad with 3 shit goalkeepers and a bang average back line. The window licker looks like a man who has played every single game, Sterling is a greedy little fucker, Rashford inconsistent.

Foden and Grealish are talented players but yes man Gareth won't be playing them together and will probably find a way to shoehorn Jordan Henderson and Declan Rice into the team instead

If England do win the group then they play the 2nd place team in the Portugal, France, Germany group and any of that lot are good enough to sweep them aside

There's your English "arrogance" :D

But look at the quality of the other teams and none are anywhere near the level they once were - for example that portugese team must have one of the oldest "spines" in the competition cos up the middle they are ancient

Southgate will be the biggest threat to ingerland's progression - if he makes the right decisions then I expect ye to go far, but if he makes the wrong choices it could be a first knockout round exit.

I dont think that I have ever been as non plussed about a euro or world cup finals - they used to be a great way of bridging the gap between seasons, and they used to be exciting tournaments, but of course uefa and fifa had to fcuk that up by messing around with the system. We all agree that the increase of team has had a massive negative effect on quality, but this shit.e of several countries hosting games is absolute b.ullshit. Genuine fans (not hooligans) used to love going to these tournaments and rocking up in a country for a couple of weeks to watch their team play a few games, but nowadays it is like a whistle stop tour of europe that doesnt benefit fans or host countries :roll:

Topside Northbank

Post by Topside Northbank »

Backed France always gives an interest a decent sized bet on a team.

Yep hear it all the time here the England hype, media driven the fans that just want to enjoy it trouble free with a few beers good luck to them.

Virgin here of course show all England friendlies and qualification games and even if they play ok 'this will lead to hype around the team' is always trotted out was last week 2 friendlies had them on but only watched bit & pieces. Don't know why they bother showing the games if it really makes or breaks peoples day what England do or not here.

England have a crap GK, weakness at CB average manager but some real talent in Foden, Grealish and Mount so as long as they play some decent football and get to the ko phases it then becomes about a bit of luck needed.

Glad there are crowds back at games or wouldn't watch much of the tournament. Italy played well 16k in the ground good noise and it lifted the tempo of the players.

Whatever happens won't lose any sleep over what England do or most likely not in the competition.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:32 pm
The quicker this shit it over with the better.
A night on the curry Perry ?

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

DB10GOONER wrote:

Keeping fingers crossed Kane gets an injury that prevents him being sold and that he is out for the season ,leaving the tiny totts most saleable asset a crocked injury prone, has been.

:barscarf: