Euros / Ingerland Hype

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Arsenal Till I Die

Re: Euros / Ingerland Hype

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

rodders999 wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:53 pm
The response to Jack Grealish warming up and then coming on was absolute fucking cringe. Thought it must have been Messi coming on :roll:

Guys a diving cheating piece of fucking shit :twisted:
The ITV commentators were sucking him off almost mid-way through the first half. As if he was some sort of messiah.

England's biggest issue is Southgate. Not good enough to take England forwards.

John F

Post by John F »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:14 pm
rodders999 wrote:
The response to Jack Grealish warming up and then coming on was absolute fucking cringe. Thought it must have been Messi coming on :roll:

The ITV commentators were sucking him off almost mid-way through the first half. As if he was some sort of messiah.

I agree, my hope is he gets sacked in time for the Spuds to pick him up.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

John F wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:18 pm
rodders999 wrote:

I agree, my hope is he gets sacked in time for the Spuds to pick him up.
It's almost as if getting relegated with Middlesborough doesn't prepare a manager for international football. Give it a few months and they'll all be shouting about giving the job to fatty Lampard or creepy, sexual predator Beckham.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

rodders999 wrote:

^^^THIS ^^^ 1,000%

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

rodders999 wrote:

Grealish gets the ball, runs towards a defender, falls over and squeals. No wonder Villa want Smith Rowe.
No idea why England don’t play Saka. He’s better than any of the twonks who started tonight.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

arrgee wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:52 pm
rodders999 wrote:

Grealish gets the ball, runs towards a defender, falls over and squeals. No wonder Villa want Smith Rowe.
No idea why England don’t play Saka. He’s better than any of the twonks who started tonight.
Exactly. Saka makes a few bad decisions at times but I agree he is a better player than the rest of them. He also would at least go directly at an oppo fullback or CH instead of doing what Grealish and Sterling do: go sideways, turn back, spin around, go sideways again, lose possession. Also he probably doesn't beat his girlfriend. 8)

wilson2.0

Post by wilson2.0 »

Only Arsenal fans seem to be privy to the secret Saka is better than both Sterling and Grealish. Im stunned by the fixation on Grealish, I dont know where this '100m' talk come from.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

rodders999 wrote:

well yes hes over cautious and a bit lost agree, a yes man appointed by the FA as a safe option (another Arteta theres one in every office)

just dont get this hype around England...that just have not got any quality players....totally over rated

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

The most boring game of the tournament by far. Fair fucks to Scotland - I thought they were the better team for most of the second half and spells in the first

Only librarian Gareth could have a squad containing Rashford, Kane, Grealish, Sancho, Saka, Sterling and Foden........and decide to play Phillips and Rice and produce barely a shot on target.

The England squad is unbalanced, so surely when you've got a team of good attacking players and an average defence and goalkeeper you play to those strengths?

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

rodders999 wrote:

I switched to Optus Sport Australia because I couldn't stand the ITV shite any longer. Unfortunately they had Martin Tyler commentating who likened Grealish to Gascoigne in Euro 96. :banghead:

Gascoigne may well be a wife beating, pisshead piece of Spud scum but he could play a bit tbf.

I ended up watching on a Danish channel where I couldn't understand a word being said. :barscarf: :lol:

John F

Post by John F »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:04 am
The most boring game of the tournament by far. Fair fucks to Scotland - I thought they were the better team for most of the second half and spells in the first

Only librarian Gareth could have a squad containing Rashford, Kane, Grealish, Sancho, Saka, Sterling and Foden........and decide to play Phillips and Rice and produce barely a shot on target.

The England squad is unbalanced, so surely when you've got a team of good attacking players and an average defence and goalkeeper you play to those strengths?
Spot on Steve O.As they have so little time with the players for coaching national team managers have to be good at tactics, team selection and have a personality that motivates players.Southgate doesn't give me an impression he has any of these skills.Italy on the other hand haven't got the best players but are an example of a team that is well organised.

augie

Post by augie »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:04 am

When rice jumped off the Irish ship to go back to england ( :wink: ), I said at the time that he is an Ireland level player and nowhere near good enough to be playing with any country expecting to challenge for trophies, and so it is showing to be the case - he is a plodder in the midfield and is being outshone by a leeds player that was nowhere near the squad this time last year

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

Redarmy wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:26 am
rodders999 wrote:

well yes hes over cautious and a bit lost agree, a yes man appointed by the FA as a safe option (another Arteta theres one in every office)

just dont get this hype around England...that just have not got any quality players....totally over rated
I would agree that defensively England are average. The goalkeeper is meh, the defence is uninspiring and some of the midfield is average but England have a range of quality going forward. Saka (if he ever gets a chance), Foden, Rashford, Kane, Mount (more of a CM but good on the ball) all have enough quality to score plenty of goals. The problem is it isn't. Southgate has gone into this tournament with the hope that the pacey attacking line accommodates for the average defence - problem is, it's not.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

I have never understood the hype around freakish - the few times I have seen him play he falls over a great deal - hence the most fouled player in the prem , but any fcuckker could be if they keep conning the ref - Then when his team mates don't pass him the ball or he loses possession - he starts flapping his arms around and moaning just like the character Kevin by Harry Enfield..

And of course wearing his socks half way down his legs makes him look like a cunnt...someone needs to totally wipe the cunnt OUT!

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:09 pm
I have never understood the hype around freakish - the few times I have seen him play he falls over a great deal - hence the most fouled player in the prem , but any fcuckker could be if they keep conning the ref - Then when his team mates don't pass him the ball or he loses possession - he starts flapping his arms around and moaning just like the character Kevin by Harry Enfield..

And of course wearing his socks half way down his legs makes him look like a cunnt...someone needs to totally wipe the cunnt OUT!
As does Smith-Rowe. :oops: :lol: