Season 21/22 Fixtures

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
John F

Re: Season 21/22 Fixtures

Post by John F »

We are playing Chelsea at home and the Spuds away in a 3 way pre season competition. No doubt we will finish 4th and I can imagine some fans having there own pre season not so friendly competition.The spuds and the Chavs can resume their socially distance punch up that they had a couple of years ago.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Why?

Who ???

When ???

How???

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

See our First Game of The Season is on Friday the 13th.

#Just saying.

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

StuartL wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:25 pm

Scarborough where I got in the ground late and because of the fog I spent the first few minutes cheering them on before I realised we were in yellow and not red & white. :lol:

And who could forget Macclesfield away when they played at Leek Town's ground. The Gents toilet was a pile of sand behind a brick wall. :shock: :lol: :
I have forgotten Macclesfield. When did Arsenal play them?

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

arrgee wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:33 pm
StuartL wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:25 pm

Scarborough where I got in the ground late and because of the fog I spent the first few minutes cheering them on before I realised we were in yellow and not red & white. :lol:

And who could forget Macclesfield away when they played at Leek Town's ground. The Gents toilet was a pile of sand behind a brick wall. :shock: :lol: :
I have forgotten Macclesfield. When did Arsenal play them?
My bad. The old memory is failing. :oops: :lol:

It was actually Chester City playing their games at Macclesfield's Moss Rose ground. Early 90's.

The toilet was still a big pile of sand though. :lol:

John F

Post by John F »

Hereford away in the cup in the 80s.If memory serves me right here was a small wall in our pen which was odd and it caused a bit of tension between the Arsenal fans sitting on it and the ones behind who couldn't see.It only stopped when one of the Arsenal fans climbed the fence that separated us from the Hereford fans and jumped straight into their section.They also had a prize Bull that they paraded around the ground at half time.Judging by the state of the pitch they probably used it to cut the grass.

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

John F wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:27 pm
Hereford away in the cup in the 80s.If memory serves me right here was a small wall in our pen which was odd and it caused a bit of tension between the Arsenal fans sitting on it and the ones behind who couldn't see.It only stopped when one of the Arsenal fans climbed the fence that separated us from the Hereford fans and jumped straight into their section.They also had a prize Bull that they paraded around the ground at half time.Judging by the state of the pitch they probably used it to cut the grass.
I remember that game well John. Me and my mate were on that little wall. :lol:

The train from Paddington had been oversold so we couldn't get a seat. We ended up in one of the toilets with me sitting on the bog and my mate sitting on the little sink for the entire journey there.

Good memories! :lol:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Clummo99 wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:35 pm
John F wrote:

The train from Paddington had been oversold so we couldn't get a seat. We ended up in one of the toilets with me sitting on the bog and my mate sitting on the little sink for the entire journey there.

Little sink is a euphemism for "my lap" isn't it :wink: :lol:

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:36 pm
Clummo99 wrote:
John F wrote:

Little sink is a euphemism for "my lap" isn't it :wink: :lol:
FFS Lefty!

:lol:

John F

Post by John F »

Clummo99 wrote:
John F wrote:

:D I would like to say that was a great Tony Woodcock goal but my view was blocked by some bastard standing on the wall :D .Tommy Caton playing as a left back what could go wrong.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

John F wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:56 pm
Clummo99 wrote:
John F wrote:

:D I would like to say that was a great Tony Woodcock goal but my view was blocked by some bastard standing on the wall :D .Tommy Caton playing as a left back what could go wrong.
Was there as well....the away end was actually flat....

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:08 am
Clummo99 wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:24 am
I just posted the same so thought I'd best delete it before DB10 wakes up. :lol:

Nice to see we have our usual easy start to a season.

And for the first time ever we play the 2nd round of the Carabao Cup. :lol:
I bet we'll lose :lol:
Could well loose the first 3 games....

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

John F wrote:
Clummo99 wrote:
John F wrote:

Honestly that really might have been me. Sorry. :oops: :lol:

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

Redarmy wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:40 pm
John F wrote:
Clummo99 wrote:
John F wrote:

You are correct. Good remembering!

I recall being really jealous of the couple of hundred of us sitting in the seats to our left. At least they could see what was happening. :lol:

Topside Northbank

Post by Topside Northbank »

Clummo99 wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:40 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:40 pm
John F wrote:
Clummo99 wrote:
John F wrote:

You are correct. Good remembering!

I recall being really jealous of the couple of hundred of us sitting in the seats to our left. At least they could see what was happening. :lol:
Classic away game that

The Bull shat on the pitch :lol:

Me and my mates watched most of the game from the corner flag on the right of the away section it was overcrowded and a nightmare to get in only a couple of turnstiles to get in iirc.

We actually climbed onto the small wall to get out at the end of the game was at the replay as well about 15k attendance 7-2 win.

York next round sayonara courtesy of a last min pen when Williams pulled their player down kicked off and police horses on pitch away fans were not happy we were particularly shit that afternoon, freezing as well like Hereford.

Still talk look back with fond memories we were bang average then but better days were soon around the corner :barscarf: