Vieira Palace Manager

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
GoonerMuzz

Re: Vieira Palace Manager

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Anyway good luck to Viera it'll be interesting to see how he gets on, even though it is CP it is still a step forward in his managerial development, some might even say he is learning his trade in the way it is meant to be done :rubchin:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:47 pm
Anyway good luck to Viera it'll be interesting to see how he gets on, even though it is CP it is still a step forward in his managerial development, some might even say he is learning his trade in the way it is meant to be done :rubchin:
Absolutely. 8) While I don't buy the whole he's Arsenal through and through bollocks, there is no denying he was a superb player for us and I'd love to see him become a successful manager and then go onto even bigger success in the role at Arsenal. 8)

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

All the talk about Vieira being compared to Frank De Boer at palace is a bit harsh. He's come into a club that has let 10 experienced players contracts run out, no money coming in, and given £90m to put together a team that'll survive in the premier league. If Palace stay up he should be manager of the season.
If we lost 10 experienced players it'll help our team

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:47 pm
Absolutely, would love to see him do well, realistically that would just be staying up.

(Would be ideal preparation, for him managing us next)

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

A11M11 wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 6:16 pm
Arteta or Vieira ?

Frying pan or fire .
Both need experience one getting it with us the other getting it at Palace.

In the words of the prophet :- Judge them in May.

Did you read that on a Subway Wall? :D

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Whenever we do play palace (can't be arsed to look) By rights PV4 should get a standing "O" and then captain black given dogs abuse. :barscarf:

augie

Post by augie »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Aug 15, 2021 11:47 am
Whenever we do play palace (can't be arsed to look) By rights PV4 should get a standing "O" and then captain black given dogs abuse. :barscarf:

As luck would have it we are playing them at home on monday october 18th which ties in nicely with the timeframe that many suggest will see lego head sacked 8) A night time atmosphere, with the crowd baying for blood from those within the club, and a legend riding into town to get a real loud hero's reception from the home fans - couldnt write a better script

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Fantastic win for PV 4 to get his palace team moving. He's got a system and style in place that he wants. Palace looked very, very good today. And, they got a decent goal scorer for £12m. We were linked with him for about a year. Looks like another case of the van Dykes.

StuartL

Post by StuartL »

Nos89 wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:22 am
Fantastic win for PV 4 to get his palace team moving. He's got a system and style in place that he wants. Palace looked very, very good today. And, they got a decent goal scorer for £12m. We were linked with him for about a year. Looks like another case of the van Dykes.
I purposely watched some matches with Eduard in seeing as we were linked with him, he should have been scoring 30 goals a season up in Scotland given the domination and chances created for him- he didn’t, far too wasteful in my opinion, certainly not better then Lacca or Martinelli.

augie

Post by augie »

Nos89 wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:56 pm
All the talk about Vieira being compared to Frank De Boer at palace is a bit harsh. He's come into a club that has let 10 experienced players contracts run out, no money coming in, and given £90m to put together a team that'll survive in the premier league. If Palace stay up he should be manager of the season.
If we lost 10 experienced players it'll help our team

Favourite to be the first sacking in the premier league, and it is that media and fan pressure which will result in him not getting a proper chance there unless they doing very well. Honest to god when you look at the experienced players they have let go, and compare it to the players brought in, it is ludicrous that people expect fast results or sacking :roll: They had an old team that needed an overhaul a few years ago, and if he is given sufficient time going in to rebuild a new team is better for him that the short term gameplan they have used in recent seasons

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

StuartL wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:45 am
Nos89 wrote:
I purposely watched some matches with Eduard in seeing as we were linked with him, he should have been scoring 30 goals a season up in Scotland given the domination and chances created for him- he didn’t, far too wasteful in my opinion, certainly not better then Lacca or Martinelli.
I haven't checked this out but the commentator stated he was top scorer in Scotland for the last 4 seasons? I didn't know if he meant Celtic or the SPL. Either way, the space he was finding in the spurs box was that of a natural goalscorer. The criticism he had by Celtic supporters is that he didn't look too bothered last season. I think that will change now he's in the premier league. Martinelli hasn't shown the form of his first season, but then again he hasn't shown too much commitment to the Arsenal cause recently, preferring international duty to club.

StuartL

Post by StuartL »

Nos89 wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:13 am
StuartL wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:45 am
Nos89 wrote:
I haven't checked this out but the commentator stated he was top scorer in Scotland for the last 4 seasons? I didn't know if he meant Celtic or the SPL. Either way, the space he was finding in the spurs box was that of a natural goalscorer. The criticism he had by Celtic supporters is that he didn't look too bothered last season. I think that will change now he's in the premier league. Martinelli hasn't shown the form of his first season, but then again he hasn't shown too much commitment to the Arsenal cause recently, preferring international duty to club.
Last season he’s scored 18, the season before 22 - he was top scorer both those seasons in a god damn awful league.
Maybe ha has some new found motivation but to me just didn’t look super, top, top quality that we should be aiming for.