Brentford bulbeyes A Fri 13th Aug KO 8pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Perryashburtongroves

Re: Brentford bulbeyes A Fri 13th Aug KO 8pm

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

I swear to God we're going to end up like Newcastle, slipping further and further down the league every season until we're relegated.

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

Relegation IS on the cards !. Good luck to Brentford this year but I think they might go down with us. :barscarf: :barscarf:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Just watched this supposed massive injustice against Leno for about the 10th time

Was it a foul? Technically yes

Will you see any other team's defence allow their keeper to get exposed like that? Of course you fucking won't

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:29 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:22 pm

Surely by now everyone is aware that the Kroenkes are not going anywhere.
This is what they do - they hang around failing sports clubs like leeches.

Stan Kroenke has NEVER sold one of his sports teams. he won’t sell Arsenal.
If you truly believe that then why bother with Arsenal?.

You are right (about him not selling his other shitty franchises) but then we are a much bigger 'asset' than any of his others and the only one outside the US, certainly the only one that could command a billion+ profit.

If KSE are still here in 2 years I will give up all hope though because really what is the point with them around?.

:censored:
I bother with Arsenal less and less.
They get no money out of me, but like everyone else on here you can’t just completely walk away.

I have been maybe overly optimistic on here because I genuinely have nor watched a minute of pre season and so just could not get into my head how bad we might be. Absolutely no hope in next 2 games - I will be amazed if we even score a goal, but at least it would make for an interesting September because I sense the media are starting to call out Arteta now.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Just watched this supposed massive injustice against Leno for about the 10th time

Would have more respect for him if he had shoved him out of the way and got sent off.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:43 pm
I swear to God we're going to end up like Newcastle, slipping further and further down the league every season until we're relegated.
Pretty much inevitable under KSE, although I'm not sure we'll get relegated, we'll just fester around midtable.

That's why I'd rather be bloody relegated if it means the parasites piss off.

Covid means the like of City, Chavs and P$G will dominate even more anyway, really can't be arsed with any of it now.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

We were shit no doubt about it but in reality was it anyworse than last year, in a way yes, because we were shit without, Bellerin, Willian, Laca, Elneny, Kolasinac, etc etc. I find that performance worrying to say the least.

I know some of those players were short of training and first team experience but jesus christ, if you cant take your opportunity in the first game of the season against a newly promoted side then what the actual fuck...

Arteta's tactical managment is shocking but fuck me his ability to inspire and get the team up for a match is even worse. We will be 8-10 games into the season mind you before anyone in the media or any super fans mention he may need to go, if he keeps us 15th or above by Christmas he will see out the season, this is Arsenal there will be no plan B so they will bury their heads in the sand.

Nevermind though the experienced first teamers will be back and fully fit by next week so that will make it all better, fuck me i'm more depressed than i have ever been in 4 decades of watching our team :banghead: :suicide:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:02 pm

Was it a foul? Technically yes

Will you see any other team's defence allow their keeper to get exposed like that? Of course you fucking won't
Absolutely agree on our piss weak cowardly defending and when I first saw it that's what I was yelling at the telly "why the fuck isn't a CH in there sorting that out?!" but then when you look at the foul on Butter Wrists the fucking guy has him pinned ffs. It leads to a goal. Why in fucks name has VAR not ruled that out? It rules out dozens of goals for less than that every season! Many of them ours! :x

I don't wanna go down the whole roddaz "compulsive monkey spanking has made me a paranoid conspiracy theorist" route but fuck me maybe roddaz is right. :shock:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Switched off at half time just knew we weren't going to turn it around.
Xhaka losing possession on the edge of the area midway through the first half as he didn't have the awareness of a Brentford player closing in set the tone.
And, did we really pay £50m for a player to replace David Luiz? Just shows how good a player he was.
So, it looks like P3, L3, gd -8, 0 points.

wilson2.0

Post by wilson2.0 »

What a hot mess. How many players do we have earning more or near 100k a week that we cant move on because no one else will pay them the salary we do. Player recruitment hasnt been good and we needed to sell Bellerin, Xhaka, Kolisnac, Torriera, Saliba, Willian, Guendouzi either because they are not good enough or they have become stale. I mean FFS Saliba, Torreira, Guendouzi have now been loaned out for two seasons - what's going on? We need to sell about 7 players and sign as many more but we have signed only 3, two of which shouldnt be in the first team. Kolisnac contract might get terminated but apparently there will be a pay-out.

Willock was sold which I disagree with. I know there are those who couldnt care less seeing him go, but surely Xhaka, Torriera & Guendouzi should have been sold before Willock was. Willock was sold because he had a willing suitor and his wage was low enough where he would leave on a permanent basis. We cannot find permanent clubs for the other three because they will not earn what we pay them, hence the perennial loans where we subsidize wages for them to play elsewhere. Or in Xhaka'a case, we forget the fact we tried to sell him and name him our captain.

wilson2.0

Post by wilson2.0 »

The question on Arteta is when not if he will be sacked. The gap between the expectations from the fans and what we can deliver is too big. Also the next *word censored* who says Arsenal fans need to moderate expectations needs to be fucking hung. How many times has this argument been levied upon us - that we must moderate expectations. First we shouldn't expect to compete for the league, then dont expect to finish in the top 4, then dont expect to compete for the top 4, then dont expect to finish in the top 6, to know we shouldn't expect to finish in the top 6, to know what? We cant EXPECT a top half finish?

Actually I do expect to compete for the top 4. And if Arteta cant deliver, then he F off until we find a manager who can. We need to get an attitude back of expecting higher outcomes. When Gary Neville tries to temper our expectations, he needs to be told to shit the fuck up. Because he wouldnt put up with this shit at Man United. So why should Arsenal fans. Gary Neville: "Because Arsenal are not Manches'.........FUCK YOU *word censored* I EXPECT A TOP 4 CHALLENGE.

Just looking at Arteta makes me sick. Fucking greaseball

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

wilson2.0 wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 4:05 am
The question on Arteta is when not if he will be sacked. The gap between the expectations from the fans and what we can deliver is too big. Also the next *word censored* who says Arsenal fans need to moderate expectations needs to be fucking hung. How many times has this argument been levied upon us - that we must moderate expectations. First we shouldn't expect to compete for the league, then dont expect to finish in the top 4, then dont expect to compete for the top 4, then dont expect to finish in the top 6, to know we shouldn't expect to finish in the top 6, to know what? We cant EXPECT a top half finish?

Actually I do expect to compete for the top 4. And if Arteta cant deliver, then he F off until we find a manager who can. We need to get an attitude back of expecting higher outcomes. When Gary Neville tries to temper our expectations, he needs to be told to shit the fuck up. Because he wouldnt put up with this shit at Man United. So why should Arsenal fans. Gary Neville: "Because Arsenal are not Manches'.........FUCK YOU *word censored* I EXPECT A TOP 4 CHALLENGE.

That is not necessary - Yes, he is out of his depth - Not Good Enough etc - But that has nothing to do with his race/colour/ethnicity - and That "Term" is "Racist".

wilson2.0

Post by wilson2.0 »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 4:14 am
wilson2.0 wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 4:05 am

That is not necessary - Yes, he is out of his depth - Not Good Enough etc - But that has nothing to do with his race/colour/ethnicity - and That "Term" is "Racist".
Jet black hair that looks perpetually wet can be of any race or nationality.

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

I seen this online and it sums up the fucking mess we are as a club - "Xhaka wanted to leave, Arsenal wanted to sell him, yet last night he captained the club". The board had a chance after the Villarreal debacle to give Arteta the boot and chose not to and are getting their just deserts, and when Chelsea and City give us drubbings, we will laughably allow this incompetent twat to go on a trolley dash. The club had a chance to find a serious manager when Emery was sacked and instead went for the pet project. I can honestly see us playing championship football next season.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Inevitably you will get posters saying..its only 1 game....but anyone with a brain cell can see it goes much deeper than that

Reality is a very difficult season lies ahead....with Arteta possibly leaving next summer

No confidence in our underwhelming transfer dealings, and the Kronkes here for the forseeable future

On top of that we have the despicable xaha back in the team and made captain FFS.....fucking depressing to say the least
Last edited by Redarmy on Sat Aug 14, 2021 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.