Podolski joins his boyhood Polish club

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Podolski joins his boyhood Polish club

Post by StuartL »

Nice article about him seeing out the final year or two with his boyhood Polish team

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57914614

I have nothing but good memories of him, never given the opportunities his goal scoring talent warranted.

Bless you Poldi :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Re: Podolski joins his boyhood Polish club

Post by DB10GOONER »

One of the best most clinical finishers I've ever seen. So Wenger put him out on the wing. :roll:

I said it at the time and still think if Wenger had played him more often as the striker in a two up front with Giroud they would have put 30 to 40 PL goals away per season between them. The couple times he did, they scored and looked deadly together. Who knows what a few months regular games together would have developed into? But oh no that was too direct, too crude, much better to have 52 passes around the pitch and no shots. :roll:

Classy guy, never said a bad word about the club that I can see of. 8)

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

Couldn't agree more.

Add him to the Old French Fraud's list of wasted/ruined players alongside Arsharvin, Gnabry etc .

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

The player that sums up everything about Wanker's inabilities, arrogance and complete failure to put his own ego to own side. Podolski should have been an all-time Arsenal legend and should have scored 150+ goals for us but that frog prick stuck one of Germany's highest ever scorers on the bench or on the wing. And do you know what, Podolski never complained, never had a tantrum, always worked his bollocks off when he got a game and then ended up dropped again the following week. The way that fucking fraud treated him but at the same time indulged fucking pricks like Gervinho or Almunia or fucking Sanogo absolutely sickens me. Fucking hell.
Good luck to Podolski with this move, it's about time we had some stories like this in modern football and even though he's at the end of his career, he'll still probably get a load of goals but not being on the bench or wing.

Sturgooner

Post by Sturgooner »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:19 am
The player that sums up everything about Wanker's inabilities, arrogance and complete failure to put his own ego to own side. Podolski should have been an all-time Arsenal legend and should have scored 150+ goals for us but that frog prick stuck one of Germany's highest ever scorers on the bench or on the wing. And do you know what, Podolski never complained, never had a tantrum, always worked his bollocks off when he got a game and then ended up dropped again the following week. The way that fucking fraud treated him but at the same time indulged fucking pricks like Gervinho or Almunia or fucking Sanogo absolutely sickens me. Fucking hell.
Good luck to Podolski with this move, it's about time we had some stories like this in modern football and even though he's at the end of his career, he'll still probably get a load of goals but not being on the bench or wing.
His career at the club was only going to be shortened when the Boney Arsed French #### signed Alexis & Welbeck in the 2014 window.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Did the same with Suker , Podolski had 60 appearences mostly as Sub and scored 19 times ,
Suker had 22 appearences and scored 8. for Arsenal .

Both were goal machines in their time sadly under used at Arsenal

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Couldn't agree more.

Loved him when he played for us and what a rocket of a left foot. He always has good thing to say about the club.

If I can remember correctly wasn't there a story that he questioned then old farts training techniques?

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

A11M11 wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:37 am
Did the same with Suker , Podolski had 60 appearences mostly as Sub and scored 19 times ,
Suker had 22 appearences and scored 8. for Arsenal .

Both were goal machines in their time sadly under used at Arsenal
What was the point in signing him? What a scandalous waste. :cussing:

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

A great player who understood the club, but never got the chance to get going.

I agree with the sentiments above, that he could have easily been 30 goal a season striker, had he played CF. A very clinical striker who deserved so much better.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

This just goes to show that for some players it really is about the football and they want to give something back to where it all began.

Good luck Pod and enjoy :barscarf: :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

StuartL wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:33 am
Nice article about him seeing out the final year or two with his boyhood Polish team

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57914614

I have nothing but good memories of him, never given the opportunities his goal scoring talent warranted.

Bless you Poldi :barscarf:
:high5: Yeah! Always Like dPods... Yet another career Ruined by that CUNTWenger. :box:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:11 pm
Couldn't agree more.

Loved him when he played for us and what a rocket of a left foot. He always has good thing to say about the club.

If I can remember correctly wasn't there a story that he questioned then old farts training techniques?
I remember reading something about that at the time and thinking "aw fuck that's him gone...". :(

StuartL

Post by StuartL »

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j ... XffAhmo-iV

Loved his goal v West Ham, he was also a very good crosser of the ball if you watch the clips - perfect weighting.

Good luck Poldi and best wishes :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Wasn't it the Babatunda arse wipe that reckoned Pod was shit? The fucking moron. :lol: :censored: :lol:

StuartL

Post by StuartL »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:42 pm
Wasn't it the Babatunda arse wipe that reckoned Pod was shit? The fucking moron. :lol: :censored: :lol:
Isn’t he now on google box ? :shock: