Finishing Position for This Season (merged thread)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

What Will Be Arsenal's Finishing Position This Season?

Poll ended at Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:48 pm

In the Top 4.
3%
In the Top 6.
28%
In the Top 8.
31%
In the Top Half of the Table
19%
In the Bottom Half of the Table
19%
Relegation Zone
No votes

Total votes: 36

OneBardGooner

Re: Finishing Position for This Season

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:42 am
OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:48 pm
Where Oh! Where Dost Thou Thinketh THE Arsenal Will Finish in The Premier League this Season?

In the Top 4.

In the Top 6.

In the Top 8.

Relegation Zone

Only One Choice and Once the Season Kicks Off (Friday the 13th :shock: :shock: :shock: ) The Poll Will Lock.
Hi mate, you've ticked the box to allow people to change their vote. Do you want me to untick that box for you?

Ooops! :oops: Yes please Mate. "Thanks".

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

I've opted for Top 8 - More out of hope than anything; especially now that Clive El Cunto is staying (Till 2025!!!! FFS! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: ) Which for me just totally proves beyond all doubt that Arteta does NOT have a Clue.

Our Club is GONE!... It is just a franchise now...

Games attended by fuckinng IDIOTS who actually Cheered and Applauded the ClubFootCUNT when he came on - He made one decent pass and everyone is raving FFS! :banghead:

I so wish I didn't still Love and Care, but it's in my Blood. :cry: :cry: :cry:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

gooner265 wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:57 pm
Surely it should be locked at the end of August , there will be madness in the last couple of weeks.
aaaah! Sorry... I understand why you might say that, but Friday the 13th is when the season starts...so get your votes and in by then :wink:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

I have reluctantly put top 6.
It is hard to see which of the top 4 will finish out of those places next season, but I am confident that we will finish 5th.

No European football will help along with a fairly settled squad.
Certainly we were a better team than our finishing position suggested last season - 47 points from the last 24 matches is clear top 4 form. Saka is now one of the best young players in the world and White is a good addition to the defence.

I just don’t understand how some posters on here are suggesting a bottom half finish - no facts at all to back that up.
For starters with a crowd back our home form should improve. that was what ultimately cost us a top 4 finish last season.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:41 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:42 am
OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:48 pm
Where Oh! Where Dost Thou Thinketh THE Arsenal Will Finish in The Premier League this Season?

In the Top 4.

In the Top 6.

In the Top 8.

Relegation Zone

Only One Choice and Once the Season Kicks Off (Friday the 13th :shock: :shock: :shock: ) The Poll Will Lock.
Hi mate, you've ticked the box to allow people to change their vote. Do you want me to untick that box for you?

Ooops! :oops: Yes please Mate. "Thanks".
No probs man. Done. 8)

augie

Post by augie »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:03 pm
It is hard to see which of the top 4 will finish out of those places next season, but I am confident that we will finish 5th.

Certainly we were a better team than our finishing position suggested last season - 47 points from the last 24 matches is clear top 4 form. Saka is now one of the best young players in the world and White is a good addition to the defence.

I just don’t understand how some posters on here are suggesting a bottom half finish - no facts at all to back that up.
For starters with a crowd back our home form should improve. that was what ultimately cost us a top 4 finish last season.

That makes total sense - I mean we were the only club that had to play in empty stadiums last season :roll:

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:47 pm
gooner265 wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:57 pm
Surely it should be locked at the end of August , there will be madness in the last couple of weeks.
aaaah! Sorry... I understand why you might say that, but Friday the 13th is when the season starts...so get your votes and in by then :wink:
Hmm OK, top 6 purely because if we look like we won't make it Arteta will be gone and a new manager bounce may push us up.

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

augie wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:08 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:

That makes total sense - I mean we were the only club that had to play in empty stadiums last season :roll:
Exactly! It, also, has absolutly NOTHING to do with a seasons worth of piss-poor performances.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Gunner Rob wrote:

Its easy to predict - it's called continual decline

Remember 10 years ago it was deemed impossible to finish outside the top 4

3 years ago impossible to finish outside the the top 6

Last 2 seasons we've scraped 8th

Teams below catching up - more ambitious owners, better managers.

It really is that simple. Leeds, Villa, Everton, Wolves all more than capable

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:12 am
Gunner Rob wrote:

Its easy to predict - it's called continual decline

Remember 10 years ago it was deemed impossible to finish outside the top 4

3 years ago impossible to finish outside the the top 6

Last 2 seasons we've scraped 8th

Teams below catching up - more ambitious owners, better managers.

It really is that simple. Leeds, Villa, Everton, Wolves all more than capable
Is that the same continual decline which saw us get 5 more points last season than the season before ? :rubchin:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Five points away from 4th last season. That is not a huge gap at all. With 15-17 less matches to play mid week, this team can overturn that gap. Top 4 is a realistic proposition. The doom and gloomers amongst us on this forum are the loudest. Top 4 and a domestic trophy. Do it the old fashioned Wenger way.

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

I'm quietly confident of a decent season. Things aren't nearly as bad as some people paint them and there's still a few weeks of the window left. A good chance of a few more coming in and going out.

Can't quite see a top four finish if I'm brutally honest but we'll certainly be close again.

Pepe to be top scorer I reckon.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Swiss fannybulge is staying and that means any tiny piece of optimism I had is flushed doon the bog :roll: I think 8th-12th but it could be 13th-15th just as easy.Another season watching that fanny being skinned and giving away needless fouls :barscarf: what's not to love about modern day Arsenal.

It'll be 3 defeats from 3 in August I reckon..1-2 bees 1-3 chavs and 4 or 5 nil to city.

augie

Post by augie »

falkirk goon wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:39 pm
Swiss fannybulge is staying and that means any tiny piece of optimism I had is flushed doon the bog :roll: I think 8th-12th but it could be 13th-15th just as easy.Another season watching that fanny being skinned and giving away needless fouls :barscarf: what's not to love about modern day Arsenal.

It'll be 3 defeats from 3 in August I reckon..1-2 bees 1-3 chavs and 4 or 5 nil to city.

Same as - all I need is for us to sign abraham and ramsdale and it will be game over for me until this c.unt is no longer managing our club :censored: :censored:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Augie it makes no difference whether Arteta is managing or not, do you honestly believe the *word censored* above him will replace him with someone better..... They will go for another mediocre wannabe or has been on the say so of Edu.

If Arteta goes it wouldn't surprise me if BFG is next in line

The same problem exists now as existed for the last 10 years of Wenger, those running the club are clueless about Soccerball and those advising them are *word censored*!!! :banghead: :cussing: