League Cup

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: League Cup

Post by augie »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:33 am
Nice of "big club" West Brom to make 11 changes and give out 5 debuts!

Just got home- great to just be back at an away game enjoying the atmosphere of a match under lights

Hard to know what it tells us given the oppo but hopefully a confidence booster for all involved. Was heart warming to see Ramsdale given a great reception from the travelling Gooners.....Robbie from AFTV on the other hand copped a load of shit!

Wimbledon at home- dreams of Wembley? At least one more meaningful game before January !

I never really understand that tbh - no proper football fan from our club or other clubs, accept their crap as being representative of all Gooners, so who gives a shit ? I know that he is coining it in on the back of our shitiness, but if he went tits up in the morning there would still be mongs posting videos online making absolute bellends of themselves in the name of AFC, and personally I think that they are more cringy than anything these lot do or say

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

augie wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:53 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:33 am
Nice of "big club" West Brom to make 11 changes and give out 5 debuts!

Just got home- great to just be back at an away game enjoying the atmosphere of a match under lights

Hard to know what it tells us given the oppo but hopefully a confidence booster for all involved. Was heart warming to see Ramsdale given a great reception from the travelling Gooners.....Robbie from AFTV on the other hand copped a load of shit!

Wimbledon at home- dreams of Wembley? At least one more meaningful game before January !

I never really understand that tbh - no proper football fan from our club or other clubs, accept their crap as being representative of all Gooners, so who gives a shit ? I know that he is coining it in on the back of our shitiness, but if he went tits up in the morning there would still be mongs posting videos online making absolute bellends of themselves in the name of AFC, and personally I think that they are more cringy than anything these lot do or say
I found a couple of them vaguely amusing when they were ranting back in the #wengerout days, Claude in particular, but these days it just seems like a load of media hungry kids who can't speak properly and act like complete spazzes. Younger lads were posing for photos with the bloke, whilst a lot of the older ones were giving him all sorts of shit "AFTV get out of our club" and hurling abuse at him.

To be honest, I couldn't really give a shit either way. I certainly don't see them as celebs, but if its harmless fun for the yoof of today, it isn't the worst thing in the world. Generational divide I'd say!

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:38 pm
begeegs wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:08 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:49 am
OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:03 am
He took a while to settle into the game, but he looked (almost) like the old Auba we all loved and enjoyed watching. I hope it is a return of his striker and goal scoring skills; if he stays that is.

:rubchin: Just a thought; I wonder if he is scoring and appearing his old happy, smiling usual self because he is on his way to another club??? :rubchin:
Hard to tell isn't it. I was quite near the front yesterday, and he seemed to really engage with the fans who were singing his name louder than I've heard in a while. At the end he came over and handed his shirt to a young lad in the crowd and was smiling and laughing like he used too. Perhaps he is angling for a move, but that's the most spirited I've seen him look in a long while
The guy is off the back of a rough year, so I am willing to cut him some slack.

That and he got rid of that awful haircut that he had before. :D
:lol:

You'll need to narrow that down. I've never seen him with a haircut that wasn't awful. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :high5:

Take yer pick:

:rubchin:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Boomerang has quite a bit of hair for a bald bloke. :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:14 pm
I think it's called the "Rooney Effect". :D

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:17 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
I think the Rooney effect is actually the economic term for a financial upturn amongst an area's shell-suited granny prostitute industry.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:17 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
I think the Rooney effect is actually the economic term for a financial upturn amongst an area's shell-suited granny prostitute industry.
:lol:

Ah yes, the Gum Brigade.... :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:17 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Remember the mobile phone incident at Everton for the Granny Shagger!???