Burnley bulbeyes A Sat 18th Sept KO 3pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Natural Born Gooner

Re: Burnley bulbeyes A Sat 18th Sept KO 3pm

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

Positives:

Ramsdale - Good distribution, comes and collects when under pressure.

Tomiyasu seems solid so far. Runs hard and doesn't shirk his responsibilities.

Gabriel. Not sure where we'd be without him in the last 2 games, especially with White seemingly playing like he was picked up on the way from a local park game on the way to the stadium.

Negatives:

Pepe. Waste of space. No redeeming feature. Can't take a corner, can't beat his man, dallies on the ball when in decent shooting positions, lazy in tracking back and has no eye for a killer pass. I know he gets shit from some, but Zaha would be ten times the player in this Arsenal team if we'd brought him instead.

Saka. Needs a few games on the bench.

Ben White. Nowhere near quality at the moment. Willing to give some more time though.

Artetas in game management and subs. Not sure how Pepe or Saka lasted the full game, and even though ESR trudged off he would have still had more impact than the 2 mentioned in the remainder of the game.

But a win against those knuckle draggers is always satisfying, especially seeing Dych moaning about the non-penalty being overturned :lol:
Last edited by Natural Born Gooner on Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:54 pm
That'll do. Fucking fuck right off Burnley and your scum manager and your utter scum fans.
^^^THIS^^^ 1,000%. :barscarf:

FUCKOFF You ORC SCUM.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

xgtdec wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:34 pm
look at that fat spud of a kid burnley fan...lay off the pies you little barrel.
aka: Billy Bunter of Burnlaaaaay ! :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Frogz wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:41 pm
To think that pepe and ben white cost over 130 millions makes me livid. :shock:

:shock:

Yeah! We could have got 3 Very decent players for that. :( :banghead:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Natural Born Gooner wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:21 pm
Positives:

Ramsdale - Good distribution, comes and collects when under pressure.
:rubchin:
Tomiyasu is seems solid so far. Runs hard and doesn't shirk his responsibilities.

Gabriel. Not sure where we'd be without him in the last 2 games, especially with White seemingly playing like he was picked up on the way from a local park game on the way to the stadium.

Negatives:

Pepe. Waste of space. No redeeming feature. Can't take a corner, can't beat his man, dallies on the ball when in decent shooting positions, lazy in tracking back and has no eye for a killer pass. I know he gets shit from some, but Zaha would be twice the player in this Arsenal team if we;d brought him instead.

Saka. Needs a few games on the bench.

Ben White. Nowhere near quality at the moment. Willing to give some more time though.

Artetas in game management and subs. Not sure how Pepe or Saka lasted the full game, and even though ESR trudged off he would have still had more impact than the 2 mentioned.

But a win against those knuckle draggers is always satisfying, especially seeing Dych moaning about the non-penalty being overturned :lol:
£120 million for Pepe and White
£90 million chavs paid for Lukaku :rubchin:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

rodders999 wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:15 pm
Bit of hassle in the away end with the Burnely scum. Fuck em :barscarf:

Apparently some Gooners were waving £5 Notes at them saying "Here You Are Go Buy Yourself A House" :lol: :barscarf:

Gunnerz4life

Post by Gunnerz4life »

Gabriel is MOM, did work of 2 defenders as White gave the impression that defending is beneath him. I don't know what it is with White, he was a solid defender at Brighton, but is looking almost disinterested in defending.

I wasn't convinced by Ramsdale when we signed him but I am quietly encouraged by him now. He is everything that Leno isn't - brave, confident in coming out for crosses, calm in posession with a wonderful passing range. Love the passion he shows as well. Hope this is the beginning of the end for Leno as no. 1.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Up to 12th ,Ben White had the most headed clearances today,mind you he was shit on the ground :lol:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Gunnerz4life wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:27 pm
Gabriel is MOM, did work of 2 defenders as White gave the impression that defending is beneath him. I don't know what it is with White, he was a solid defender at Brighton, but is looking almost disinterested in defending.

I wasn't convinced by Ramsdale when we signed him but I am quietly encouraged by him now. He is everything that Leno isn't - brave, confident in coming out for crosses, calm in posession with a wonderful passing range. Love the passion he shows as well. Hope this is the beginning of the end for Leno as no. 1.
Ramsdale MOTM....without him we would have dropped points

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

All three subs were because of knocks or pulls . Otherwise I reckon Pepe would have gone for Lacazette and Saka needs a rest .He is getting over played and looking stale

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

OneBardGooner wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

Apparently some Gooners were waving £5 Notes at them saying "Here You Are Go Buy Yourself A House" :lol: :barscarf:
Or buy that fat kid a Weight Watchers course.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Takehiro Tomiyasu for Arsenal against Burnley:

◉ 100% aerial duels won
◉ 100% duels won
◉ 79 touches (most)
◉ 5 total duels
◉ 5 recoveries
◉ 5 clearances
◉ 4 aerial duels
◉ 1 interception
◉ 1 tackle

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Absolutely delighted we won...fucking great

These i am afraid are the new expectations...Burnley...Norwich

We are a million miles from challenging for the title and wont get in the top 4

just pleased we won today

Ramsdale looks good but first time i seen him.....White jury still out, but some doubts already....Tomi looks decent

Odergaard has real quality...but easily passed by and tends to drift through games

Saka has really dipped in form....must be those scum fans clapping him...what the fuck was all that about?

If Xaha and Leno had played we would have lost today...simple as that

Gunnerz4life

Post by Gunnerz4life »

If Leno was playing today, that would have been a nailed on pen. He wouldn't have got anywhere near the ball.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:51 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

Or buy that fat kid a Weight Watchers course.

:coffeespit: :high5: