Forum negativity :-)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Jayives

Forum negativity :-)

Post by Jayives »

Ok don’t shoot me down for this alright !, :D :D

There’s a piece in the latest gooner where Charlie Ashmore writes he wonders how much energy is consumed on the online gooner forum from people being angry. :lol: Whilst things have been rubbish I can’t help feel personally with the new signings we have a bright young side evolving and that we should let it run its course rather than change the manager again which wouldn’t solve much. People may disagree as is their right but I just generally feel Arsene bless him had run the club into the ground by the time he left and this needs to be considered ( Check his last line up!) the manager isn’t perfect and has made mistakes but blimey on this forum he gets it here both barrels. From the comments here it really seems to me that Arteta gets hammered for inheriting such duff players like Xhaka and elneny yet not making more out of them. So you think too much emphasis is getting placed on the coach and that with some of these turds you are bound to be screwed a bit?

Do you reckon the feeling of dissatisfaction on this forum is mirrored generally amongst our support or that people tend to be more miserable on here?

goonersid

Re: Forum negativity :-)

Post by goonersid »

Fuck off!!
:roll: :lol: :wink:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Jayives wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:40 pm

There’s a piece in the latest gooner where Charlie Ashmore writes he wonders how much energy is consumed on the online gooner forum from people being angry. :lol: Whilst things have been rubbish I can’t help feel personally with the new signings we have a bright young side evolving and that we should let it run its course rather than change the manager again which wouldn’t solve much. People may disagree as is their right but I just generally feel Arsene bless him had run the club into the ground by the time he left and this needs to be considered ( Check his last line up!) the manager isn’t perfect and has made mistakes but blimey on this forum he gets it here both barrels. From the comments here it really seems to me that Arteta gets hammered for inheriting such duff players like Xhaka and elneny yet not making more out of them. So you think too much emphasis is getting placed on the coach and that with some of these turds you are bound to be screwed a bit?

Do you reckon the feeling of dissatisfaction on this forum is mirrored generally amongst our support or that people tend to be more miserable on here?
Inherited Xhaka maybe. BUT, bigs him up every chance he gets, gave him a new improved contract even though he was desperate to leave, first name on his team sheet.......... Enough said. We don't expect him to "make more out of them", but he doesn't have to play them. Arteta is NOT the answer and he won't succeed. That's not negative, it's reality.

And I don't think it's misery on here...it's years of failure, anger, embarrassment and a feeling of helpless frustration.

Jayives

Post by Jayives »

xisstential wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 4:02 pm
Jayives wrote:

Inherited Xhaka maybe. BUT, bigs him up every chance he gets, gave him a new improved contract even though he was desperate to leave, first name on his team sheet.......... Enough said. We don't expect him to "make more out of them", but he doesn't have to play them. Arteta is NOT the answer and he won't succeed. That's not negative, it's reality.

And I don't think it's misery on here...it's years of failure, anger, embarrassment and a feeling of helpless frustration.
He has to big the player up though right if he wants the best out of him and we can’t sell him. You must get that right. Plus if the alternative is the Egyptian Denilson ? What choice does he have. I reckon he’d flog him in a heartbeat if we got a logical offer. Anyway not really the point of the post just more about people’s anger and misery

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

xisstential wrote:
Jayives wrote:

100% you got to be fuckin deluded to think otherwise

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

Jayives wrote:

People have differing reasons for the negativity surrounding the club. For me, it stems from mismanagement from recruitment with the appearance of corruption from some and employing novices to lead us out of the quagmire.

Arteta gets hammered here because he had had time to at least show some semblance of a playing style. In my opinion, there really isn't one and yet there is the expectation of more time from some fans and possibly the club.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Redarmy wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 4:33 pm
xisstential wrote:
Jayives wrote:

100% you got to be fuckin deluded to think otherwise

^^^THIS^^^. End Of..

Sid was also right. :D

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Jayives wrote:

No, fuck him. Absolutely fuck him. Egotistical, hypocritical narcissist whose own vanity and pettiness led us to where we are right now. Fucking fuck him.
Last edited by Perryashburtongroves on Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Who are ‘ya? :box:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Ah a newbie - never mind, you will soon get the hang of things :D

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

When that geezer wrote his article we were rock bottom of the league without a point or goal after 3 games and a goal difference of -9 in what was the worst start by any team ever in the history of the premier league and he can’t understand the negativity on here :coffeespit:

Fucking hell I hope he’s not being paid by the gooner to submit absolute shite like that :lol:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:44 pm
When that geezer wrote his article we were rock bottom of the league without a point or goal after 3 games and a goal difference of -9 in what was the worst start by any team ever in the history of the premier league and he can’t understand the negativity on here :coffeespit:

Fucking hell I hope he’s not being paid by the gooner to submit absolute shite like that :lol:
:lol: :lol:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

If its positivity you're after I suggest coming back to these parts next time we've drawn Olympiacos in whatever competition it might be (most likely the Emirates Cup if Captain Black is in charge still)

Rodders and I might even invite you to the hot tub and Barry White tribute evening if you're really lucky

NickF

Post by NickF »

I wouldn't worry too much, this place has always been full of grumpy old men. :D

We win a trophy and you can guarantee the same night someone will have a moan.
Last edited by NickF on Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

NickF wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:33 am
I wouldn't worry too much, this place has always been full of grumpy old men. :D

Aaaaw! Come off it Nick you're not always Grumpy! :D :wink: