Norwich Hospital Charity Cup winners 1946/47 1949/50 (joint) H Sun 26th Sept KO 430PM

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: Norwich Hospital Charity Cup winners 1946/47 1949/50 (joint) H Sun 26th Sept KO 430PM

Post by OneBardGooner »

rodders999 wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:24 am
The hangover from hell has descended on Big Poppa……….wouldn’t change a thing :barscarf:

:D

Know what you mean Rodders.. Tequila has taken its toll this morning..But Still BUZZING... :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Re: Norwich Hospital Charity Cup winners 1946/47 1949/50 (joint) H Sun 26th Sept KO 430PM

Post by DB10GOONER »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:33 am
If you want to brighten your Monday up even more then have a little look at the meltdown after they went 3-0 down.......the 3 game title bid has turned into Nuno Out :D

https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community ... 93/page-15
Um, I'm confused. Is this not their year then? :rubchin:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I remember the early days on here when we used to invade glory glory and the other scum forum, push n run after an NLD. What a laugh that was! :lol:

And at one point one of our members got accidentally given moderator access on one of those forums and posted all the private posts of their mods bitching about their members! Nearly coughed a lung up laughing at that one! :lol: :lol:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Far too soon to get carried away however I'm beginning to think the squad themselves are starting to click because there is less chopping and changing, at least some understanding of each other is beginning to happen.

In spite of how I feel about Arteta he got the first half spot on somehow, yes the second half wasn't as good but in reality it isn't like they steam rolled us for 45 mins either, we still had some opportunities where a little bit more composure was needed

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:07 am
Far too soon to get carried away however I'm beginning to think the squad themselves are starting to click because there is less chopping and changing, at least some understanding of each other is beginning to happen.

In spite of how I feel about Arteta he got the first half spot on somehow, yes the second half wasn't as good but in reality it isn't like they steam rolled us for 45 mins either, we still had some opportunities where a little bit more composure was needed
100% agree and said as much last season. Look at the last few title winning teams and you'll see settled partnerships in all the main positions. Arteta went 76 games having picked the same team only twice. Whilst injuries can't be helped we had endless rotation in the most key positions throughout the spine of the team for the sake of rotation. Whilst I don't wish injuries on our own players, I will make an exception and say that I hope Xhaka is out for a few weeks because Lokonga and Partey (yesterday's version) need to be given a few matches now......and if Elneny and AMN are unhappy with that, they can f+++ off. Stick with this backline, stick with a settled midfield partnership, give Auba the chance to play regularly with the three young bucks buzzing around behind him. I hope to f+++ that he has learned that you can't please everyone all of the time and if it means a few faces like slapped arses in the name of stability (Leno, Holding, AMN, Pepe etc) then so be it

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Also much easier of course to keep a settled side without any European distractions.

It means that a lot of the squad won’t play much, but then that’s their problem for being shit.

augie

Post by augie »

As huge a smith-rowe fan as I am, I thought that partey was immense yesterday and should have been motm - granted I was watching this on my ipad whilst travelling in the car (I wasnt driving), but I thought that he was outstanding breaking up the play and was the platform that allowed our attack to rip them a new one in the first half

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:29 am
GoonerMuzz wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:07 am

100% agree and said as much last season. Look at the last few title winning teams and you'll see settled partnerships in all the main positions. Arteta went 76 games having picked the same team only twice. Whilst injuries can't be helped we had endless rotation in the most key positions throughout the spine of the team for the sake of rotation. Whilst I don't wish injuries on our own players, I will make an exception and say that I hope Xhaka is out for a few weeks because Lokonga and Partey (yesterday's version) need to be given a few matches now......and if Elneny and AMN are unhappy with that, they can f+++ off. Stick with this backline, stick with a settled midfield partnership, give Auba the chance to play regularly with the three young bucks buzzing around behind him. I hope to f+++ that he has learned that you can't please everyone all of the time and if it means a few faces like slapped arses in the name of stability (Leno, Holding, AMN, Pepe etc) then so be it
Replacing Bellerin and Leno also helped and having Partey fit

He stuck with willian and pepe long enough

He still has faith in xakha though.......

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

I'm still at a loss why so many people in the world of football can't see Xhaka for what he is, managers, pundits and fans continue to sing his praises.....it utterly baffles me :banghead:

bergkamp10

Post by bergkamp10 »

Redarmy wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:27 pm
Ramsdale looks full on all the time....hes got a great attitude.....hes a winner
Bang n just what we needed in Goal¬! IMO...

The road might be a tad rocky ahead, but if we can keep this back five in tact for a good period of the season, then that will do our chances of a top six finish, a realistic prospect!

:) :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:07 pm
I'm still at a loss why so many people in the world of football can't see Xhaka for what he is, managers, pundits and fans continue to sing his praises.....it utterly baffles me :banghead:
I can only put it down to this modern sheep mentality where if someone says it on social media the majority of the population believe it - or at least pretend to believe it - in a desperate bid to conform. In other words because they are stupid cùnts. :D

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
^^^THIS^^^ 1,000,000%

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

augie wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:56 pm
As huge a smith-rowe fan as I am, I thought that partey was immense yesterday and should have been motm - granted I was watching this on my ipad whilst travelling in the car (I wasnt driving), but I thought that he was outstanding breaking up the play and was the platform that allowed our attack to rip them a new one in the first half
Augie, I know one of your reasons against signing a number 10 was that it shoves ESR onto the left.

My view on this has softened as I’ve started to see ESR as a Rosicky type player who, although he’d prefer to be a 10, is perfectly suited to a wide starting role. His running power and close control seems better than his slide rule pass ability so a wide role seems to work well. Early days though of course.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Not sure if this is true, not one of mates who support other teams thinks he's any good, was also speaking to some villa fans yesterday and they think he's shit too, a liability is what they called him.

I've heard quite a few pundits slate him too, unfortunately arteta rates him which is the only opinion that counts.

I would imagine he has a lot of sway in the dressing room.

John F

Post by John F »

Gabriel deserves a shout as well .He has been very good since he returned.