FAVORITE ARSENAL PUB

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

ROCKET

12 PINS
24%
HERBERT CHAPMAN
8%
ARSENAL TAVERN
6%
ARSENAL TAVERN
6%
AULD TRIANGLE
4%
T-BIRD
No votes
WOODBINE
2%
GUNNERS BAR
20%
TOMMY FLYNNS
4%
OTHER
27%

Total votes: 51

stearmaster

Post by stearmaster »

OT02 wrote:Does anyone drink in the Lord Palmerston (i think it's called) down Lowman Road (just off Hornsey road)
no mate, enlighten us :lol: :lol: :lol:

OT02

Post by OT02 »

stearmaster wrote:
OT02 wrote:Does anyone drink in the Lord Palmerston (i think it's called) down Lowman Road (just off Hornsey road)
no mate, enlighten us :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: It's possibly the closest pub to the ground, but i've never seen it as rammed as The Gunners, for example. Go through the tunnels near Denton's roundabout and follow the road down and it's the first or second left. quite easy to miss, but theres an off license on the corner. It's on the corner of Lowman and Annette road.

the owners are cuban, hence the nickname from our lot "the mexican titty bar" or for short "MTB" (i didn't make the nickname, my old man's mate did- lets just say he's oldschool :wink: )

pretty nice little place. not very cheap, shit selection. don't ask me why I go in there, it's just been 'my place' since we moved to the grove :)

stearmaster

Post by stearmaster »

thoguht that was the tollington :? :oops: :roll:

OT02

Post by OT02 »

it probably is. the sign says the lord palmerston. i call it the MTB

the tollington it is 8)

Rilo II

Post by Rilo II »

its owners are cuban hence the name "mexican"

eh?

OT02

Post by OT02 »

Rilo II wrote:its owners are cuban hence the name "mexican"

eh?
yeah i know. long story short, we nicknamed it before we found out the nationality of the owners :wink: :roll:

Step

Post by Step »

Compton Arms every time for me.

Country style low key football pub just off Upper St and 5 mins from Highbury & Islington tube.

Really good atmosphere.Often a few away fans there as the reputation of this place is so good.

A best kept secret!

NBM

Post by NBM »

Compton is a great boozer, just a bit far from the ground. The Palmerston is also class, if only just for the calibre of barmaid! :D

But for post game, I'm a Rocket man (not in an Elton John way though :shock:)

redstevo

Post by redstevo »

OT02 wrote:it probably is. the sign says the lord palmerston. i call it the MTB

the tollington it is 8)
Don't think so mate the toll is on corner next ti lights opposite sobell, the cuban place is even closer than the toll it's as you say down road off hornsey road, barmaid v nice indeed!