Why are some of our fans such a disgrace???

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Gooner_mojo

Why are some of our fans such a disgrace???

Post by Gooner_mojo »

The atmosphere was amazing against PSV, everyone got behind the boys, but once they scored why oh why the fuck did half the stadium rush out. I mean their goal was a disappointment, a killer blow, but to all rush out like they did was uncalled for and a complete fucking embarassment! It was like some of them were waiting for PSV to score just so they had an excuse to leave early and catch the early train! I could'nt believe my eyes, everyone streaming out like that, with 5 mins to go plus stoppage time anything could've happend but no, these so called 'supporters' decide they've had enough. Don't these lot realise that walking out early distracts the players and says "we've given up on you" to the team. It's pathetic and they make me so feel so outraged its untrue. I must've been 1 of 30,000 supporters left at the final whistle, maybe even less. Look at Liverpool last night, nobody left and all stayed to the end. I know they got through, but some of our lot still leave even when we win. THESE SUPPORTERS ARE A DISGRACE AND ARE NOT WORTHY OF THEIR MATCH TICKET!!! Bet some of them will fuck off to Chelski next season, wouldn't suprise me.

hatchy

Post by hatchy »

couldnt agree more why did they have to leave i bet the players looked around and wondered why to [/b]

tenementfunster5

Post by tenementfunster5 »

I am right behind you on this issue normally but just have to say that when we played Chelski in the quarter final a few years ago and wayne bridge scored late on then i left early as i couldn't stand to see that lot celebrating like they had actually won the thing. Maybe people thought the same tonight I dunno.
Would like to point out that I stayed at the Carling cup final to applaude the boys off so am not one of the early leaving brigade.

dtjenkins

Post by dtjenkins »

Its funny at the Carling Cup Final everyone stayed to applaud the boys off. Last night against PSV half the stadium empties when they score.

Does anyone think this has anything to do with the Carling Cup being attended by thousands of red members, more than usual, and last night was the usual crowd of ST holders, corporates, silvers etc? Not a criticism just an observation.

stearmaster

Post by stearmaster »

Im a red member and i been to ten games plus 2 to come this season, i was there to the final whistle and wen we were loseing the remaining fans were singing*we love you arsenal we do* *come on arsenal caome on arsenal* and thats wen we were losin, but i do agree wiv why so many left, neway the futures bright thefutures red n white....also in cardiff to clap the boys off....goot performence, by once agen the much better losing gunners.

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

Being a fan is all about sharing in a teams ups and downs.If you cant except the downs dont celebrate the ups. The fans who left as soon as PSV scored are a disgrace.We cant win all the time.How do you think the players felt seeing the stadium a quarter full at the final whistle.The REAL Arsenal fans stayed till the end. We have never had it so good at Arsenal.Where were this part time supporters in the mid 80s when the average gate was 20,000.

You support your team through thick and thin Fuck off you glory hunters.

Great stadium Pathetic support

northerngooner

Post by northerngooner »

Calm down you lot and get off your bloody soapboxes! It isnt the greatest sight in the world but it happens at a large majority of grounds around the country week in and week out.

While some of the people who left early last night were the usual "must catch the last train" mob there were a hell of a lot of fans who have stayed until the final whistle during the rest of the season who got up and left.

Maybe it was the last straw for them in what is fast becoming a bloody frustrating season. I for one actually called the goal and the scorer before the free kick was taken and to see my prediction come true was, while unpalatable, very predictable.

I am absolutely sick and tired of seeing us concede soft goals in the manner that we have done over the last two seasons, it has cost us trophies and yet very little has been done to remedy the problem.

While i applaud AW's faith in the youth, there has to be a balance and we do not have it. People say we are in transition but 3 years is now becoming 4 and how much longer can we remain in transition?

On top of that our season ticket prices are likely to go through the roof now because of the early exit in the Champions League and yet again it will be us fans who have to swallow yet another very bitter pill.

All in all a shit last couple of weeks but i am afraid it is maybe about time our pampered stars realised that the fans will only take so much.

Robsy

Post by Robsy »

It is annoying that so many left early.

But it happens every week, it's just that last night there were so many early leavers.

However, what annoys me more is that the early leavers round us are the same people who don't bother singing. We sit north upper towards the back, it's an area where lots of songs start and yet there are hundreds who never ever bother...then leave early.

What's the point of coming if you don't want to get involved or stay until the death? Save some cash, buy Sky and watch in the quiet of your home.

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

Northern Gooner what would these "i must catch my train" merchants have done if the game had gone to extra time and then penalties.the game would have lasted another hour. There is no excuse for leaving just because your team is losing.As i said before you support your club through thick and thin. i"m proud to have stayed to the end last night as i was proud to be in Paris only 10months ago.

northerngooner

Post by northerngooner »

They would have probably still gone home early, i overheard several people around me say that they hoped it didnt go to extra time as they wouldnt get home, so all i can say is there are two solutions to this, either dont bother going if you have no way of getting home or the Club pull there finger out regarding TfL and get the transport issues sorted. I use c2c and their service to Essex is crap after 10pm so regardless i get home bloody late, thankfully the missus would have picked me up form the City if it had gone to extra time.

MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

We were all frustrated when the goal went in, but thats no excuse for leaving early. Any small (very small) hope that we might still have had of getting two late goals to turn it round disappeared with those supporters! Would we have won v United if everyone had left because we were 0-1 down with only minutes to go? And would Liverpool have turned around a 0-3 scoreline in the CL final without the koppites to lift them...?

E8Gooner

Post by E8Gooner »

I'm probably letting off steam at the wrong group of people here as I guess that all those on this forum that were at the game last night stayed to the end like I did. However, I just want to say that we have more lame fans than you think as it wasn't all corporates leaving early, there were were plenty of people dressed in normal clothes, not just suits. Someone needs to have a word with these lame losers and tell them that if they're so concerned with getting home on time, perhaps they should stay home and watch the game on TV because I've got loads of mates who would die for a season ticket but cant get one, and they'd all stay to the end of every game.

comebackbob

Post by comebackbob »

I get as annoyed as anyone about people leaving early, but it's nothing new and definitely happened at Highbury.

What we need is some incentive to keep people there until the end. They've tried beer promotion and the Arsenal TV (which no one can hear) but maybe there's another idea?

How about swiping your ticket on the way out, and if you stay until the end you get cup final tickets or something??

I dunno, but we're not going to change it by criticising people. After all - as someone said to me - 'I pay £3000 for my ticket, I can come and go as I please'...If it wasn't for the corporates, we wouldn't have the Grove.

Gooner_mojo

Post by Gooner_mojo »

I'm so glad all of you agree with me, I just wish there were more gooners like us, TRUE supporters who stay till the end no matter what the circumstances are.

The 30,000+ that stayed till the end with me included, are most probably the same 30,000 or so who filled Highbury throughout the years and know how far we've come in the amount of time Wenger has been with us.

These so called fans who left early are SPOILT fans who jumped aboard when the trophies started piling in. They don't realise what progress we have made and are too thick to understand what Wenger is trying to achieve. And if they care more about an early train than supporting their team, then we must have some of the worse fans in the country.

But lets face it, without the Prawnies we won't fill our stadium unless the club lower ticket prices. It's a shame.

worthing gooner

Post by worthing gooner »

Gutted, but you could feel it coming with no away goal it was all going to be a knife edge game.
We are young, learning, we will be back.
However.

Two examples this season where we have experienced different forms of support but enjoyed both.

1, Liverpool at the F A cup game at Anfield this season 3 . 1 down all the Kop stayed to the end and sang their anthem and many of their fans wished us all the best. First class.

2. When we beat the spuds in the Carling cup we all loved the fact that their end emptied with all the songs etc. Loved it, who wouldnt.

But when we had a bitter pill to swallow the true colours came out. Too many part timers didnt fancy it and were on their toes.
Arsenal FC, this should be a clear warning to not take the support of your "LOYAL" fans who through thick and thin will always be there.
To all of you who stayed, We have been through worse as you know.
To all that left, You do not deserve your membership. Disgrace.
keep the faith
AFC
C'mon