woodgate!

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
columoz

woodgate!

Post by columoz »

read the paper last week and saw that woodgate was mentioned as a transfer target for us in the summer!what a buy that would be!i know he has had injury problems in the past but he has stayed fit this season and has been excellent!who else agrees!!?

shiftygooner

Post by shiftygooner »

Definitely! He is a quality player. Is he not still owned by Real Madrid? I wonder if we could get him in a swap deal with Reyes? I think that would be a better move than Baptista. Not that I have anything against Baptista, before anyone beats me up!

tenementfunster5

Post by tenementfunster5 »

I saw the same rumour. It would be good business, if he can remain fit he's a top player. Madrid don't want Reyes so the swap deal may not be on.

Robsy

Post by Robsy »

Woodgate is racist scum.

He shouldn't be on the streets, let alone playing football.

Him and Bowyer are peas-in-a-pod and I never want to see either in an Arsenal shirt.

gunner67

Post by gunner67 »

Not sure if we need a central defender. We have Djourou, Gallas, Toure, Senderos and possibly Gilberto there so we're covered I reckon. I wonder if Denilson playing means that Gilberto goes in the centre of defence?

Trevheff

Post by Trevheff »

Personally I think a fit Jonathan Woodgate is the best centre back in the country, certainly Englands best centre half. But who would you drop to play him? Toure or Gallas? Couldn't play all 3 without changing formation which we don't need to do.

tenementfunster5

Post by tenementfunster5 »

Wouldn't need to drop anyone. Gallas and Toure are no.1 but with the amount of competition and accounting for injuries and suspensions woodgate would play enough to keep him happy.

Trevheff

Post by Trevheff »

Players of that quality want to play a minimu of 90% of the games, injury permitting. You wouldn't be able to offer them that if you had all 3 of them so I don't think we could keep him happy.

Chopper

Post by Chopper »

Don't forget Gallas can play anywhere along the back so could have Toure/Woodgate in centre. Or and I think it could work, Toure sitting in front of Gallas and Woodgate in a Gilberto type role.

Chopper

Post by Chopper »

Don't forget Gallas can play anywhere along the back so could have Toure/Woodgate in centre. Or and I think it could work, Toure sitting in front of Gallas and Woodgate in a Gilberto type role.