How long have we waited to hear...

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Goonanana

How long have we waited to hear...

Post by Goonanana »

“It will be maybe one or two — maximum,â€

tenementfunster5

Post by tenementfunster5 »

Wenger always says this. His idea of top top class was a 16 year old from southampton. Yes he is and will be class but he's not experienced so don't hold your breath.

Robsy

Post by Robsy »

I think it's a Wenger'ism, you know who he really means...

1) Ribery
2) The beast

I'd prefer to have:

1) Ribery
2) Tevez

Although, it's a bit bloody early to start thinking about summer transfers, I mean, we've still got to concentrate on the er, erm... oh bollocks.

tenementfunster5

Getting 2nd place,

phew, I thought it might have been as bad as tottenham for a minute then. No european football again for the lillyshites.

Robsy

Post by Robsy »

Fair play.

Actually it could be fun securing second or third and then sitting back and watching Platini taking away the Champs League place for fourth!

Roll on April, having no home games left this month is doing my head in!

gunner67

Post by gunner67 »

I'm thinking that one of the two players will definately be a replacement for Jens, and if the rumours about Villa Real wanting Almunia are true then the other purchase could be cover for our new keeper!!

mallet7

Post by mallet7 »

RIBERY

CARSON

ETOO

Would go down a treat to be honest, but we all know what Mr Wenger is like when it comes to prices and all 3 of them would be sky high prices, especially Carson, just because he is English!!

Cant see us getting any of them realisticly though. We never sign big name players.

Goonanana

Post by Goonanana »

ye who have little faith! I really believe this summer will see us splash out over £15mill on someone, hopefully Eto if anyone

Then we can get £1-2 mill for alliadiere and maybe sell Bendtner for £4 mill and sell reyes for £4 mill that gives us around £10 mill for starters and then we'll have Henry, eto rvp and adebayor as our 4 strikers with theo able to play there in a couple of years when henry is getting past it

Chopper

Post by Chopper »

I'd keep Bendtner, he will be a massive asset to us shortly.

Can't see us spending that amount of money, hope i'm wrong but get the feeling we should get used to promising youngsters as can't see many big names whilst we are in first couple of years at the new ground. £10 million max i would think.

Almost certain to get a keeper with the age of Lehmann/Poom, I like Almunia but does Arsene have the faith to make him regular number 1? Can't see Liverpool releasing Carson or the time waster, same for Mancs and Foster. Can't think of any other keeper apart from Given who is good enough in this country.

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

Cant see Wenger signing an english keeper after his experience with Richard Wright. We need a 20plus a season goalscorer to partner Henry.Lets hope its Eto but can we compete in the transfer market with Chel$ki?

we_are_the_arsenal

Post by we_are_the_arsenal »

I don't think we can compete for eto at the moment, especially since other teams like chel$ki eyeing him. I would love if we just get ribery, tho that will also be tough as real madrid is keen, among others.

I'm not sure about baptisa, we need a excellent finisher, just not sure about him. Maybe money can be better spent on someone else.

Goonanana

Post by Goonanana »

I definately wouldn't put Baptista down as an excellent finisher!

Apparantly Andy Johnson wants a move to London, he doesn't strike me as an Arsenal player at all but he can finish, he can head goals, he's pretty quick, he's the right age oh wait...no he's english, 20 mill no thanks! :roll:

tenementfunster5

Spot on Goonanana. Would have to pay over the odds for any English player. I do think we could get Eto'o if Wenger really wanted, we got the boy ahead of so many others.

Gunnerz4life

Post by Gunnerz4life »

Well it would be Etoo and Ribery for me as well, i still think we need a centreback to replace Senderos though.

However how realistic will it be to get someone specially of Samuel Etoo's class. I read somewhere that only about 20 million is available, dont know how much truth there is to that (can someone find out? lol). You cant buy big names with that money.

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

If Shevchenko cost £30 million do we really think we are going to get Eto for only £20 million. I believe we will get Ribery for about £15 million. If Wenger can get another £12 million from the sale of Senderos,Aliadiere,Song,Lungberg and Lehmann we will have £15 million to spend on a goalscorer