IF BOTH FLAMINI AND GILBERTO LEAVE

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
QuartzGooner

IF BOTH FLAMINI AND GILBERTO LEAVE

Post by QuartzGooner »

I think FLAMINI will stay and GILBERTO will go in the summer.

I would like to see DJOUROU step into GILBERTO's shoes as a tackling robust midfielder.

If both FLAMINI and GILBERTO leave though, there will be a need for a tough ball winner in the middle of the park.

I suggest this guy, LORIK CANA.

Tough, aggressive and strong...he will be a good addition to the spine of the team, though will probably pick up a few yellow cards.

Here's the Youtube and Wikipedia links.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EL_bZAdOKhk

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lorik_Cana

Gooner92

Post by Gooner92 »

Personally i believe Diaby deserves his opportunity to stake a claim at central midfield, after seeing him dominate the midfield for the majority of the match during last seasons Carling cup final. I believe he is capable of becoming a first team regular, if both or either Flamini and Gilberto were to depart.

southampton gooner

Post by southampton gooner »

As I said on another post. I think we need a bigger squad not just a better one. For every player that leaves we have to have a replacement and then some.

gooner.ed
Site Admin

Post by gooner.ed »

i reckon gilberto will stay and flamini will go.

squad numbers are pretty much set at 25. including 3 keepers. so numbers will remain the same, but it's a question of whether replacements are bought or promoted. carlos vela for example, will probably come in.

REB

Post by REB »

whats the point,, i give up :roll:

djourou in midfield :?:
again with the defenders playing in midfield,,
we are a big club with big ambitions are we not :?:
djorou isnt good enough for arsenal along with at least 6 more players,
yet we stick with the round pegs in square holes system,, pick players in there positions :roll:

Fabby is a Foot (Leg-end)

Post by Fabby is a Foot (Leg-end) »

southampton gooner wrote:As I said on another post. I think we need a bigger squad not just a better one. For every player that leaves we have to have a replacement and then some.
Spot on Southampton Gooner! We have suffered from a lack of stength in depth. Doubt it will happen but would like to see Gilberto stay - I know he has not always performd but look at Sunday - that is the quality we need on the bench.

I also agree with a previous post about Diaby in central midfield - I have long been saying that I can see Fabregas and Diaby making an awesome midfiled combo - that said would prefer the Flaminal to stay but really can't see it now.

burns718

Post by burns718 »

Fabby is a Foot (Leg-end) wrote:
southampton gooner wrote:As I said on another post. I think we need a bigger squad not just a better one. For every player that leaves we have to have a replacement and then some.
Spot on Southampton Gooner! We have suffered from a lack of stength in depth. Doubt it will happen but would like to see Gilberto stay - I know he has not always performd but look at Sunday - that is the quality we need on the bench.

I also agree with a previous post about Diaby in central midfield - I have long been saying that I can see Fabregas and Diaby making an awesome midfiled combo - that said would prefer the Flaminal to stay but really can't see it now.
DIABY MUST PLAY CENTER MIDFIELD he was good enough in both games against real madrid, were he actualy played his real position

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Agreed on Diaby HE MUST BE PLAYED IN HIS POSITION! so unfair to the the lad give him a run Mr Wenger to show what he can do

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

Both Flamini and Helb will go mark my words.Flamini because we wont pay him what he thinks he is worth.Top clubs in Europe want him.As for Helb the incident with the ice cream in Milan when he met officials from Inter means he"s off.As in the case of Cashley Cole why meet officials from another team if you are not going to join them.Mark my words

T.S

Post by T.S »

Well, if we let the Flanimal go because we're not willing to pay him £x thousand a week, and replace him with Diaby, then we're a club which seriously lacks ambition. No offence to Diaby, as I think that underneath it all, he is a talented player, but the Flanimal has been a real revelation this season, and it would be an absolute crime to let him go for nothing and not replace him with a real world class midfielder.

Magic Hat

Post by Magic Hat »

yet we stick with the round pegs in square holes system,, pick players in there positions
so Toure back into midfield?

If Flamini goes, we have to buy to replace him. Letting him go to not break the wage structure is fair enough, not getting in a world class holding player would be a huge error

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

Bollox Magic

If it means keeping a player who has worked his nuts off this seson break the fucking pay stucture.It going to cost millions to replace him

Magic Hat

Post by Magic Hat »

He had one amazing season in that position and has looked less amazing as his form has dropped off? To be fair, I'll put that down to tiredness. I wouldn't want Ade or Dudu to get expensive new contracts due to one season's good form. If Flamini gets it for one great three quarter season then a lot of our players will rightly demand to be equal pay or more

T.S

Post by T.S »

Magic Hat wrote:He had one amazing season in that position and has looked less amazing as his form has dropped off? To be fair, I'll put that down to tiredness. I wouldn't want Ade or Dudu to get expensive new contracts due to one season's good form. If Flamini gets it for one great three quarter season then a lot of our players will rightly demand to be equal pay or more
What about the loyalty he has shown? His constant filling in, in different positions without bitching? He's knuckled down and thoroughly earned his place in the side. If you ask me, because of his loyalty, and his clear willingness to put in the work, he is one of the most eligible players we have for a pay rise.

Magic Hat

Post by Magic Hat »

Pay rise? Sure, just up to a limit and within the wage structure.

Didn't he whine about not getting into team more, consider leaving and refuse to play leftback after CL run?