Eto

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Wayno

Post by Wayno »

Well he has spent the past season with Henry, who I would imagine has said good things about our club and Wenger, so it might just happen. Lets start a rumour 8)

gus ceasar is a legend

Post by gus ceasar is a legend »

I have just seen Eto leaving Asburton Grove holding a contract Wayno!

8)

Pancho

Post by Pancho »

"we intend claiming our title back ".....

three PL titles in 17 yrs doesnt make it "yours"..

for the record the original PL trophy is on permanant display at OT ..given to us by the PL for winning it 3 times in a row..you havent even won it back 2 back.......

gus ceasar is a legend

I doubt you have been to Old Trafford three times so your bragging as usual has very little relvance to us!

What the hell has this to do with Eto anyhow?

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

Morning Panto, how you doin. I hope you're not too disappointed with your weekend result. Blackburn is never an easy place to go. Here's hoping you get the result you need at Chelsea (a result that will also help us in our quest for second spot).
I think the back to back issue was invented by the media and means very little. If you win every other year then after twenty years you have ten titles. That is all that the record books show so consequtive is of no real significance.
I didn't realise that they gave you the original trophy. I've learned something today. Is it a much bigger silver version of the gold one made especially for us by the premier league. :lol: :wink:

Pancho

Post by Pancho »

that late Tevez goal has sealed it I hope....there are moments in a season when you just know it going to happen..and saturady was one of them...when can afford to lose all 3 points against Chelsea and still be top fo the league

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

rebel gooner wrote:
i know i shouldnt but i have a sneaky feeling eto could sign for us :wink:
I think he would love to join us like David Vila but will Arsene sign either of them.Doubt it

aw

Post by aw »

donaldo wrote:
rebel gooner wrote:
I think he would love to join us like David Vila but will Arsene sign either of them.Doubt it
Either of them would be better than Tevez or Shrek. That's for sure.

Pancho

Post by Pancho »

I know united have nothing bt cra+ players ..its amazing they keep winning all these games...such a flook that Tevez has been voted south americna player of the yr 3 times before he was 22...and rooney , well he rubbish aint he ..I mean lets be honest he shouldnt play for englan , they are better off with ashton :wink:

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

aw wrote:
donaldo wrote:
rebel gooner wrote:
Either of them would be better than Tevez or Shrek. That's for sure.
I think Tevez is a quality player. He always looks dangerous on the ball. For how much the press, pundits etc. rave about Rooney I don't think he delivers that much. Don't get me wrong, he is a good player, just not as good as everyone says. If he wasn't English I don't think the media would hype him the way they do. I'd sooner have a Tevez in my team than a Rooney, everytime.

Pancho

Post by Pancho »

rememebr we have only had 2 strikers all season ..saha has only played 7 games and hasnt finsihed in 5 of them ..solksjaer retired in Sept ..

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

gus ceasar is a legend wrote:I have just seen Eto leaving Asburton Grove holding a contract Wayno!

8)
why, is he flamini's agent now? :lol:

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

Pancho wrote:rememebr we have only had 2 strikers all season ..saha has only played 7 games and hasnt finsihed in 5 of them ..solksjaer retired in Sept ..
They've done well to stay fit all year really. No championship has ever been won without a degree of good fortune. Those two staying fit this year could be considered your good fortune. Van Persie and Eduardo were both lost to injury this year and we've suffered as a result. Man Utd would have missed Ronaldo so much it would have really hurt you guys. That player has virtually carried the rest of the team this year and if he doesn't get world player of the year then there is no justice in the world. I still don't like the diving portugese ladyboy though :wink:

gus ceasar is a legend

Why are people thinking about the money?

If you want the worls class players you demand as you believe we are huge club deserving of this calibre of player then whats wrong with paying the guy world class wages?

:roll:

Step

Post by Step »

Pancho lets face it the mancs won the league this year as a result of their consistently high spending over recent seasons. Players such as Rooney and Ferdinand individually cost you more than our whole squad yet we played all the football for the vast majority of the season.

Wenger is quite simply the best manager as he does it (or at least comes very cloe to doing it) without soending big and this is why when Arsenal win something it provides us with real satisfaction as it is a victory for skill,judgement and teamwork over cash.

Chelsea are laughable (they spend but still can't play) but you lot are little better. The amount you spend you should run away with the title year after year but you don't because Wenger is the genius and thats why he is wanted all over europe unlike Fergusmoan.

We will acquire carefully (as usual ) in the Summer and then watch us go.