Bristol or hull

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
jamjc64

Post by jamjc64 »

As i live in Bristol but dont come from here this is a honest oppinion....
Fantastic night life, def a 24hr city. 2 large uni,s so plenty of young lady,s 4 u all. the waterfront is a great place to be on a night. loads of good things to say about the place, trust me u will have a great weekend here...........
ENJOY...........

NBM

Post by NBM »

charliegeorgewhocanhitem wrote:Remember nearly getting a kicking down at Bristol City in the 70s, we thought they were a bunch of country bumpkins but we were wrong :? Respect to them and hope they come up, got to support the southern side against a bunch of northern monkeys any day 8)
Agreed, got to support the southern side, especially as they wear red and white (sort of). Bristol for me.

Graham Wilkinson

Post by Graham Wilkinson »

For complicated reasons Hull have been my second team for about the last 25 years and I try to watch at least once a season.

For all of that time they have been the perfect second team - generally hopeless and no threat to Arsenal (we played them in the League Cup about 20 years ago and cruised through).

So I'll be watching today (on TV, sadly, as I couldn't get tickets) with mixed emotions. On the one hand I want Hull to win but it will fell wrong for them to be in the Premier League and facing Arsenal (though no divided loyalties for me if they do meet).

I been to both the KC Stadium (modern, good views, characterless) and ashton Gate (traditional, run down poor views, atmospheric). One key point is that KC is an easy walk from the station while Ashton Gate is stuck on the Western edge of Bristol and hard to get to.

SWLGooner
Location: Islington Town Hall, applauding the fourth place trophy.

Post by SWLGooner »

This Is The Daybreak wrote:Hull will be like what the trip to Burnley was like this season (if anyone went you'll know what I'm talking about)...kicked off good and proper up there with anyone in Arsenal colours getting a kicking.

So I say Bristol
Maybe but at the KC there is huge amounts of police and barriers so I doubt there will be any trouble.

The Joy of Cesc

Post by The Joy of Cesc »

Graham Wilkinson wrote:

I been to both the KC Stadium (modern, good views, characterless) and ashton Gate (traditional, run down poor views, atmospheric). One key point is that KC is an easy walk from the station while Ashton Gate is stuck on the Western edge of Bristol and hard to get to.
Its in the middle of an industrial estate too

Red Gunner

Post by Red Gunner »

Looks like its the Northerners. Anyone happy? :?

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

khalid_red wrote:Looks like its the Northerners. Anyone happy? :?
No! :cry:

Can't say I'm gutted Bristol didn't win, as I'm Arsenal through and through, but all the same.....as I live in Bristol, I think it would have given a buzz to the city....oh well.

lincs123

Post by lincs123 »

im gutted bristol city didnt win. im from bristol so they are my second team. i went to the game. was a few seats away from steve mclaren!. bristol city didnt play well which was a shame. stadium is amazing tho.

Gunner152

Post by Gunner152 »

delighted, it's another local trip for me. big tip to anyone who cares to listen. park up at the PArk and Ride just of the A63/A64?? at the end pf the M62 and use the P&R it's cheap and direct to the stadium. away end will holf 3k away fans easy depending upon how many tickets they want us to have.

the quays is well worth a night out and i will be willing to meet a few out and about if Southampton Gunner wants to join us!!!