The Truth About Arsene's Spending Money

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
number02

The Truth About Arsene's Spending Money

Post by number02 »

It will be interesting in light of todays events to see whether or not the truth will now come out regarding the amount of money Le Boss has to spend in the transfer window. Keith Edelman has spoken many times on telly about there being funds available to spend, but I just wonder what's said behind closed doors at the Board Meetings. David Dein has AFC running through his veins and has shown a drive and ambition to make the club successful, and when needed the club have spent big money ie Reyes, Wiltord, Henry. However all these purchases where prior to the Emirates and Highbury Square projects. I have a suspicion that times are hard at the moment and the money men at the Emirates are diverting all the resources to these projects, and as such Le Boss is having to make do with youth and young players. As good as they are, Arsene knows that a couple of experienced purchases would have helped the squad greatly this, and next season. David Dein would have known this and with the other top clubs in the premiership now having Billionaire owners would know that for Arsenal FC to keep up, investors such as Stan Kroenke are the future of top sides not just in the premiership but also in Europe. The idea of keeping it old school and traditional is appealing, but unfortunatly the current board do not have the kind of financial muscle to take on Roman, Randy, The Glazers, and Liverpools new owners. Times change, sometimes very quickly and the board need to recognise that. It was hard leaving Highbury for a new home, it will be equally hard having a new owner but for the future of the club I believe its only a matter of time and vital if we are to continue to challenge for honours both domestic and european. Arsene Wenger with an Abramovich size wallet is a very exciting prospect !