WILLY SHOOTING OFF

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
REB

WILLY SHOOTING OFF

Post by REB »

dont really believe this but its doing the rounds,, not sure if i would be disapointed as long as a replacement was signed and not what we already have, i dont think he is good for team moral and i dont rate him as a great centre half but he is our captain :shock:

Media reports suggest Arsenal skipper William Gallas is at the centre of a £5million tug-of-war battle between Barcelona and Paris St Germain.

The former Chelsea defender, who will be 31 next month, could be on his way according to the Sunday Mirror.

The paper claims Gunners boss Arsene Wenger is set to strip the French defender of the captain's armband at the Emirates Stadium, choosing instead to make young midfielder Cesc Fabregas his new skipper.

That according to the report suggest that Gallas could be allowed to move on despite having two years still left on his contract at the Emirates Stadium.

And fresh from signing Arsenal midfielder Alexander Hleb for £12million new Barca boss Pep Guardiola could now head back to the north London outfit to sign Gallas.

The report, however suggests that French outfit PSG would also be interested in signing the defender if he is allowed to leave this summer.

[The Guardian]

US $34.37

U.F.G Anfield '89

Post by U.F.G Anfield '89 »

as long as we get a replacement who is good in the air i'm not that fussed tbh.

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

Fantastic thread title Rebel!! 8) :lol: :lol: After the 'Dear Board' one, please tell me you meant it. :? :lol: :wink:

REB

Post by REB »

I Hate Hleb wrote:Fantastic thread title Rebel!! 8) :lol: :lol: After the 'Dear Board' one, please tell me you meant it. :? :lol: :wink:
yeah i thought people would say fucks sake another sex thread from rebel
:lol: :wink:

olgitgooner

Post by olgitgooner »

I'd be happy to see the back of Gallas.

And we need a different captain, anyway.

Two birds with one stone. 8)

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

im in two minds about this but one thing is for i wouldn't want anymore business with barca i think we have given them enough through the years

olgitgooner

Post by olgitgooner »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:im in two minds about this but one thing is for i wouldn't want anymore business with barca i think we have given them enough through the years
I reckon it's the other way around.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

you can look at it that with cesc being worth more than anyone we have let go but we keep on giving out about barca coming in every summer trying to take our playing and its all the clubs fault for selling to them all the time

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Willy stay or Willy go?

I don't know who i'd prefer though :? obviously Terry, Vidic, etc, but we can't get them..so who else is there? we all seem to agree we need a top class defender who can dominate in the air...but who?? :?

So, yes..if we can upgrade on Gallas, then ok..but if not, then Gallas really isn't that bad!

Belfast Boy

Post by Belfast Boy »

olgitgooner wrote:
IW8Goalmachine wrote:im in two minds about this but one thing is for i wouldn't want anymore business with barca i think we have given them enough through the years
I reckon it's the other way around.
Spot on ye olgit 8)

Rob

Post by Rob »

olgitgooner wrote:I'd be happy to see the back of Gallas.

And we need a different captain, anyway.

Two birds with one stone. 8)
Well said :barscarf:

gus ceasar is a legend

Post by gus ceasar is a legend »

Fuck it why don't we just sell everyone and replace them with people who work in McDonalds usually!

:banghead:

augie

Post by augie »

I would prefer if we refuse to sell gallas to barca myself - I think it is far more important that they hold their cash to buy ade off us or else we will be stuck with him :roll: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The gallas situation kinda mirrors every other outgoing player this summer really in that I have no real problem with any of them leaving as long as they are replaced with better quality but the question is would that happen ? :? I think gallas is a really good defender (better than kolo actually) but a partnership with him and kolo doesnt work and if it was a straight choice between them most of us would pick kolo cos he has never bad mouthed the club in public or sat down crying on a pitch in front of a nation of laughing *word censored* stuck in their armchairs :roll: :banghead: The one serious concern I would have if gallas left is that we would be losing half a team (if ade goes) and, as I have always argued with the rose tinted crew, you cannot plan for the future when you are losing so many players here and now

green gooner

Post by green gooner »

Why do we always have our trousers around our ankles when it comes to Barca :? they spank us all the time :x

Ok we got Cesc and Merida from them but lets ask why Yaya Toure was not part of the Hleb transfer :?:

High time we told them to feck off big time :banghead:

charliegeorgewhocanhitem

Post by charliegeorgewhocanhitem »

REBEL GOONER wrote:
I Hate Hleb wrote:Fantastic thread title Rebel!! 8) :lol: :lol: After the 'Dear Board' one, please tell me you meant it. :? :lol: :wink:
yeah i thought people would say fucks sake another sex thread from rebel
:lol: :wink:

Fuck me dead!! I'm that sad that I took the title at face value and knew exactly what the thread would be about, the sex angle did'nt even enter my mind. I spose that's what old age does to you. Take my advice and volounteer for euthenasia as soon as you reach 40 :lol: :lol: