Shut It Wrighty!!!!

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
barnfield88

Post by barnfield88 »

" I am constantly asking myself if Arsenal are now seen as just a stepping stone for wannabe great players and no longer the place where world-class stars are happy to see out their careers"

You do have to agree with him there really, look at Hleb(*word censored*) playing for his "dream team" now, Adebayor dont really give a shit, he wants to fuck off to them *word censored* now, because he had an ok season with us, flamini was quick to fuck off too.

That russian twat, had a good euro championships, then was like i wanna go play for the team i love (Barcenal) then knew he wasnt going to get the chance, so was like oh i want to go to Arsenal....

"If any Arsenal fan told me they expected the club to finish in the top four this season, I reckon they would be optimistic rather than realistic."

Well he is just being a wanker there, he has been up liverpools arses for the last couple of years now and why? look at last season wrighty, not just the media and other fans but you was also saying we wouldnt end in the top 4 because Henry went, but what happened? who says it wont happen this season?

Arsenal for the league!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 :barscarf: :barscarf:

Charlie! Charlie!

Re: Shut It Wrighty!!!!

Post by Charlie! Charlie! »

augie wrote:
Rocky Number Seven wrote:Did anybody else read this The Sun this morning.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... 481330.ece

I know chances are that its been misquoted but it still p*ssed me off. All Wrighty ever seems to do lately is sl@g the team off. I know he clearly loves the club and is expressing what a lot of the fans feel with regards to the current board etc, but surely it would help the club more if he was praising the players coming through rather than knocking those that have left.

Was also really frustrating to read the quotes about Rocastle - No need for his name to mentioned whatsoever. Rocky would have loved the club whatever situation we were in. Twice the man Wrighty is (before anybody starts man not player), you would never hear him complaining or slagging the club off.

Shut It Wrighty!!!

Wright's 1st priority has always been ian wright and is his 2nd priority too :roll: :x He left the club in slightly bad circumstances (not getting game in wembley 98 and throwing his toys out of the pram :roll: ) and has never wasted a chance to have a pop at the club ever since. Of course those feelings were compounded when wenger refused to bring swp to the club and wright feels that as a personal snub. It should also be remembered that ian wright isnt the isnt the brightest guy on the block - a genius in front of goal but intelligent off the pitch ?? Dont bloody think so

I'm not sure Wenger refused to bring SWP to the club - although he may talk shite he is quite open that the price for sean was around 12m and we were in the fray but when the chavs offered the silly money it was all over.

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

Wrighty is now the court jester.He was a complete embaressment when he was a TV pundit.Great goalscorer but since he retired he has become a joke.Except he just isnt funny :banghead:

TheOne2Smooth

Post by TheOne2Smooth »

Hypocrites!!!

This Is The Daybreak

Post by This Is The Daybreak »

A great goalscorer in his time but the guy is a complete and utter tit and I increasingly lose respect for him all the time. Why mention Rocky Rocastle in that column, there's no need for it at all!

Controvertial opinion maybe but does anyone else share the view that what we should have done in 1991 was not sign Wright but spend the money on a midfielder (possibly Roy Keane) and then put Andy Cole into the first team.

Imagine

Seaman

Dixon
Winterburn
Keown/Bould
Adams

Rocastle
Keane
Davis
Limpar

Cole
Campbell

I reckon that team would have won another title.

Rocky Number Seven
Location: North Bank, Turnstile D, Block 7, Row 8, Seat 225 / Essex

Post by Rocky Number Seven »

This Is The Daybreak wrote:A great goalscorer in his time but the guy is a complete and utter tit and I increasingly lose respect for him all the time. Why mention Rocky Rocastle in that column, there's no need for it at all!

Controvertial opinion maybe but does anyone else share the view that what we should have done in 1991 was not sign Wright but spend the money on a midfielder (possibly Roy Keane) and then put Andy Cole into the first team.

Imagine

Seaman

Dixon
Winterburn
Keown/Bould
Adams

Rocastle
Keane
Davis
Limpar

Cole
Campbell

I think it would have been even better with Merson and Smith in there personally.

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

Although Wrighty has occassionally acted as an idiot - both when a player and subsequently - that guy has given me too many of the happiest memories of my life for me to start slagging him off. :oops: :roll: Even if I don't always agree with him!! 8) :lol: :wink:

rocky7

Post by rocky7 »

He wrote the same stuff last year...

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

This Is The Daybreak wrote:A great goalscorer in his time but the guy is a complete and utter tit and I increasingly lose respect for him all the time. Why mention Rocky Rocastle in that column, there's no need for it at all!

Imagine

Seaman

Dixon
Winterburn
Keown/Bould
Adams

Rocastle
Keane
Davis
Limpar

Cole
Campbell

Great looking team but we did the right thing with buying Wright, now he should stick to Gladiatos though.

RocastleRock

Post by RocastleRock »

Think people need to get off Wrighty's back!! He's a true legend and always will be in my book... I always get the number 8 shirt in his memory.

Its the sun for fuck sake he has to write in this way, but he loves the club and always will.

Ian WRIGHT WRIGHT WRIGHT!

highburyJD

Post by highburyJD »

on the other hand
if we'd kept wrighty
he (instead of Kaba Diawara who hit the post a thousand times and never scored)
would have played up front at the back end of '99

and we'd have won the treble....

TheOne2Smooth

Post by TheOne2Smooth »

highburyJD wrote:on the other hand
if we'd kept wrighty
he (instead of Kaba Diawara who hit the post a thousand times and never scored)
would have played up front at the back end of '99

and we'd have won the treble....
How dare you slate Kaba Diawara he was Amazing lol :wink:

Tallest gooner

Post by Tallest gooner »

flash gunner wrote:Agree with most of whats been said above. Wright is still my all time favourite AFC player but i think he is awful on the radio, TV presenting and newspaper columnist shame its spoiling peoples views of him
To a T my friend, not my all time fave player thought, i used to think 'yeh he is a geezer on t.v and radio but after reading a few of his last paper coloums, starting to think he is a bit of a dougnut.

Justin-the-Gooner

Post by Justin-the-Gooner »

Few words for the Arsenal legend and i do not wanna say to much because of this reason.

Good footballer and a great Arsenal player, but give up. Sh@t pundit and now columnist. Give up man and just be a fan like the rest of us. I wrote on here early that the press were saying stuff about the club. I do not expect that out of one of our own. How this Ian? Say something positive or don"t say anything.

I see you can e-mail him on the site. I reckon there will be a few interesting reads on that.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

people the man is giving his opinion and you cut him down for it. he is Arsenal through and through and by the look of speaking the truth which echoes what does be wrote on this forum on a daily basis so he'd fit right in here with the rest of us.

The man's a legend and always will be people easily forget that :banghead: