Shut It Wrighty!!!!

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Rocky Number Seven
Location: North Bank, Turnstile D, Block 7, Row 8, Seat 225 / Essex

Shut It Wrighty!!!!

Post by Rocky Number Seven »

Did anybody else read this The Sun this morning.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... 481330.ece

I know chances are that its been misquoted but it still p*ssed me off. All Wrighty ever seems to do lately is sl@g the team off. I know he clearly loves the club and is expressing what a lot of the fans feel with regards to the current board etc, but surely it would help the club more if he was praising the players coming through rather than knocking those that have left.

Was also really frustrating to read the quotes about Rocastle - No need for his name to mentioned whatsoever. Rocky would have loved the club whatever situation we were in. Twice the man Wrighty is (before anybody starts man not player), you would never hear him complaining or slagging the club off.

Shut It Wrighty!!!

gus ceasar is a legend

Post by gus ceasar is a legend »

Doubt he has been misquoted!

He has a contract with The Sun and I can't see them misquoting a weekly contributor too much.

Frankly I think the bloke has been a complete arsehole since he left us.

:roll:

REB

Post by REB »

no surprises there, wright has to say shite like that or he wouldnt have a contract with the sun :twisted:

augie

Re: Shut It Wrighty!!!!

Post by augie »

Rocky Number Seven wrote:Did anybody else read this The Sun this morning.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... 481330.ece

I know chances are that its been misquoted but it still p*ssed me off. All Wrighty ever seems to do lately is sl@g the team off. I know he clearly loves the club and is expressing what a lot of the fans feel with regards to the current board etc, but surely it would help the club more if he was praising the players coming through rather than knocking those that have left.

Was also really frustrating to read the quotes about Rocastle - No need for his name to mentioned whatsoever. Rocky would have loved the club whatever situation we were in. Twice the man Wrighty is (before anybody starts man not player), you would never hear him complaining or slagging the club off.

Shut It Wrighty!!!

Wright's 1st priority has always been ian wright and is his 2nd priority too :roll: :x He left the club in slightly bad circumstances (not getting game in wembley 98 and throwing his toys out of the pram :roll: ) and has never wasted a chance to have a pop at the club ever since. Of course those feelings were compounded when wenger refused to bring swp to the club and wright feels that as a personal snub. It should also be remembered that ian wright isnt the isnt the brightest guy on the block - a genius in front of goal but intelligent off the pitch ?? Dont bloody think so

hanny73

Post by hanny73 »

"I was desperate to finish my own career in that red shirt but, for one reason or another, I was moved on."

You are a legend Ian but this quote makes me laugh - for one reason or another I was moved on? You were past it Wrighty, admit it.

mrgnu1958

Post by mrgnu1958 »

Great player i know,but ive NEVER liked him as a person.
Like the opening poster said..He should be getting behind our young players.
Doesnt he remember being young once? :twisted:

26may1989

Post by 26may1989 »

That is one stupid column, Wright displays the analyitical ability of a bowl of porridge.

Without meaning to be sentimental about things, the references to Rocastle are pathetic. As Rocky Number Seven says, there's no need for it.

Wright was a hero on the pitch, though his signing also saw the side Graham built descend into the ugliest football I've ever seen, and year on year saw us start slipping down the league. We won a few cups along the way, but the only championship medal Wright got was in 1998, when he'd ceased being a key player and in his last season at the club. Our real glory came after Wright. That must hurt a sensitive ego.

Senderos'sprintingcoach

Post by Senderos'sprintingcoach »

I use to love Wrighty and he was my all time favourite player and I idiolised him growing up but he is becoming such an idiot and even that court jester thing was stupid.He is bitter about not being an England star,missing Cup winners Cup final,being left out last game and being beaten on all time goal scorer by T.H. Not to mention SWP career ,he is desperate to live his miss-comings out with the poor boy can't think for himself.

It hurts to slag off a player I loved but once you slag off the Club thats it.Cos when Arsene goes and all are best players leave I'm still going to be supporting A.F.C for life.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Agree with most of whats been said above. Wright is still my all time favourite AFC player but i think he is awful on the radio, TV presenting and newspaper columnist shame its spoiling peoples views of him

TheOne2Smooth

Post by TheOne2Smooth »

I dont know if anyone goes in Ladbrokes but Wrighty bet is Arsenal to win the Premiership! your having a go at Wrighty but half the people are just the same on here! Slagging off the Players, The Team selections, Phillip Senderos, Arsene Wenger, Phillip Senderos, lack of signings and Phillip Senderos

Wrighty is my hero and a Gooner he clearly loves the club and wants them to do well!

highburyJD

Post by highburyJD »

great great player
not the sharpest tool in the box

I've heard similar flavour nonsense from gooners here and elsewhere
suggesting how much a player costs is relavent because it shows 'intent'
or that nearly signing players is any use at all

clearly given any kind of analysis the article is simply the ramblings of a very limited intellect paid to generate copy
(well...paid to make a phonecall to a hack)

I still love wrighty
he may be a retard
but he was our retard

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

I think bringing up "Rocastle turning in his grave"comment was a low blow and well out of order. For that alone id tell Wrighty to fucking shut up

gooner_4_Life 1991

Post by gooner_4_Life 1991 »

TheOne2Smooth wrote:I dont know if anyone goes in Ladbrokes but Wrighty bet is Arsenal to win the Premiership! your having a go at Wrighty but half the people are just the same on here! Slagging off the Players, The Team selections, Phillip Senderos, Arsene Wenger, Phillip Senderos, lack of signings and Phillip Senderos

Wrighty is my hero and a Gooner he clearly loves the club and wants them to do well!
Exactly

green gooner

Post by green gooner »

After having read his book a number of years ago I put it down thinking "You are a twat Ian". Have had no reason to change that opinion since.

Great player but what an arse :roll:

Rocky Number Seven
Location: North Bank, Turnstile D, Block 7, Row 8, Seat 225 / Essex

Post by Rocky Number Seven »

flash gunner wrote:I think bringing up "Rocastle turning in his grave"comment was a low blow and well out of order. For that alone id tell Wrighty to fucking shut up
Made me cringe when i read it - only thing likely to have Rocky turning is this pathetic article.

Also if his Ladbrokes bet is Arsenal to win the League why is he saying in his column that he thinks that we wont finish in the top 4? I hope its cos he is after better odds!!!