Gilberto - the man's class

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
26may1989

Gilberto - the man's class

Post by 26may1989 »

On the day we read Flamini saying "Arsenal didn’t leave me with the option of staying in London" (what a load of shit that is), it's good to see one of recently departed players speak some sense:
Former Arsenal midfielder Gilberto has warned Alex Hleb and Mathieu Flamini they could live to regret leaving the Gunners.

The Brazilian has exited Arsenal for Panathinaikos this summer because he was not guaranteed first-team football, but Hleb and Flamini were first choices at the Emirates.

"When you win things, you achieve more than anybody else. You get better contracts, and more money, anyway," Gilberto told The Daily Telegraph.

"I can't blame a player who wants a good contract. But I believe if they stay at the club, they can earn good money and do a lot for the club and themselves.

"So if they win something, it means more and they are more appreciated by supporters.

"I don't know what the reason is for them leaving [Flamini and Hleb] but they could have stayed. If it's for money, I would think they're wrong.

"Most of the players who leave miss the club for lots of reasons. The lifestyle at Arsenal is fantastic. You get so well looked after."

(http://www.sportinglife.com/football/ne ... MHD=soccer)

Gilberto is a class act, and will always get a warm welcome at Arsenal.

BT

Post by BT »

What a lovely professional man. Hopefully Cesc is taking note.

where did the Flamini quote come from?

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

Top Bombing there from Gilberto. Quality guy and an Arsenal Hero :lol: :lol:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Always liked Gilberto as a player always had a touch of class about him. Bet he didnt kiss the Panathinaikos badge at the photo shoot :roll:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Love that man. Quality bloke. Top pro. 8)

26may1989

Post by 26may1989 »

BT wrote:where did the Flamini quote come from?
I saw it originally a couple of days ago on goal.com: http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=794582.

But The Sun has picked it up today as well: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... 479946.ece.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

he alway has a touch of class about him, a pure gentleman who seems to have never became the big I am player, quality person and player

augie

Post by augie »

As I said before he was often under-rated as a player and sometimes overrated as a player but was always a top class man and loyal servant to the club and I'm sure we all wish him well for the future 8)

Fuzzfeast

Post by Fuzzfeast »

Nice one, Gilberto. Much more respect for us than the crock Ljungberg showed after he left.

DanielD

Post by DanielD »

After DB10'S departure, I find that Bert's departue, is the nicest one in the recent years at Arsenal.

REB

Post by REB »

top pro,

bergkamp10

Post by bergkamp10 »

Well there's still a few gentleman left in the game.... :D

A really great professional man. Hopefully Cesc is taking note.
:barscarf: At least for the next four years or so...!!!

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

Although his form tailed off at the end of his Arsenal career he was always a true pro.Good luck in Greece Bert :barscarf:

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

That's the Arsenal class. :barscarf: Good man Bert.

Justin-the-Gooner

Post by Justin-the-Gooner »

Thank you Gilberto.

Arsenal legend :barscarf: