Club takeovers

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Von Smalls

Club takeovers

Post by Von Smalls »

I just have this feeling that we are getting left behind by all the clubs that have sold out.

You have CHELSKI, VILLA, MAN UTD AND NOW IT LOOKS LIKE WEST HAM. :twisted:

How long before we can resist the temptation to sell out. It would be a sad day for me.

Football is being used by dodgy people to further their own gains. Who knows what kind of activities are going on.

Football is being corrupted and FIFA are just sitting back and letting it happen. What's to say that the match fixing in italy and germany isn't more widespread. It wouldn't surprise me at all. :evil:

gooner.ed
Site Admin

Post by gooner.ed »

All that Russian Mafia money can go a long way, but the only journey it needs to make is into the pockets of the Premiership refs.

I've always wondered about that Liverpool v Chelsea game on New Year's Day 2005. Mike Riley was ref and not only did he allow Lampard to put Alonso out of the game for 4 months, he denied the most blatant handball in the Chelsea area, 5 yards in front of him. No way could he have missed it.

Of course, Riley may have been under many different types of pressure that day. Anyone remember Anders Frisk?

Joshin69

Post by Joshin69 »

Was that JT's amazing diving save? :evil:

TOP GUN

Post by TOP GUN »

Fansfc have nicked the article about possible takeovers from here and turned it into a "Arsenal fans dread takeover!" type story on their site. They've pretty much copied your article in its entirety so i'd sue!!!!!