Walking The Ball In

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Chunky The Gooner

Walking The Ball In

Post by Chunky The Gooner »

Another Ashburton Grove game another draw another scenario of going one- nil down and just like the Villa game when THEO !!! came on we seemed to go at it like hammer and tongs in the final 15-20 minutes! Yes the football is fantastic at times but everybody knows we keep trying the eye of the needle pass and its getting very frustrating! . RVP11 is never afraid to pull the trigger when near goal Fabregas too and Rosicky (where does the commentators Rosicksky come from ?!) looked like he is willing to shoot on sight as well. But I noticed a few of the boys ie Hleb cutting the ball back when in good positions although he did have a shot saved by Schwarzer. Have a crack boys !!! Nothing ventured nothing gained

gunner67

Post by gunner67 »

I think that there were a few shots on goal against Boro on saturday. There were just too many Boro players crowding out their penalty area for any shots to get thru. I think we do need a strategy to use against the 11 men behind the ball scenario.

I guess playing at the Emirates must feel like playing away for our players at the moment. We played some good football, but were stopped by pure defensive tactics. Give it a game or four and we'll come thru!!

Gooner89

Post by Gooner89 »

In all fairness, the worst culprit was Hleb, and it was fustraiting watching him hold it up when he had ables chances to shoot, i must have hurt my voice yelling "SHHOOOTT." I don't want to have bought a season ticket only to nurse sore throats on sundays. It reminds me of the days with John Jensen. As soon as Rosicky and Baptista came on, we played more like we should do.